What's your idea for The Knot?

Guest Accommodations - Duplicated on Wedding Website

Members -

So many of you have already reached out regarding the appearance of duplication of your Guest Accommodations - Thank you for taking the time to let us know your feedback and what you are seeing on your website.

We recently made a change to the Accommodations page on Wedding Websites based on feedback we received from other couples and guests that they were having a hard time locating where to find the hotel accommodations in the scope of the website. Currently, you will see we are testing a few ways to make this more visible on websites for your guests. This does include including Accommodations on their own tab AND in the details tab on your website. Unfortunately, there is not an option to customize this feature to appear under just one tab. If you do not have any need to add hotel accommodations, you can hide this tab under the accommodations section on your wedding website. 

We would love to hear your feedback so we can pass this along to our Website Tech team as they look at how this feature is being used by your guests. Ultimately, your feedback will play a big part in how we move forward with this testing and our website design. Feel free to leave your feedback here or email us directly at help@theknot.com.

Thank you - again - for reaching out.

xoxo,
Customer Experience Team

305 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
AdminKeri (Sr. Mgr, Customer Experience, The Knot) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
started  ·  AdminKeri (Sr. Mgr, Customer Experience, The Knot) responded  · 

Hi -

You’ve shared your feedback and we hear you – truly. After conversations with the Product Lead over our wedding website development, we have been assured that this team is working through the possible solutions to adjust and improve the appearance and function of the accommodations/ details tabs on your wedding websites.

The goal is still to create one specific area to manage your guest accommodations while still having some ability to personalize this feature. With this in mind, the Tech team knows that the biggest ask coming from our Couples is that there should not be any duplicate information appearing on the website under multiple tabs.

While we will not be rolling this back to how it was before and we know that many of you still frustrated that your site is going to appear a bit different than when you originally published the site, we do want to be sure any future updates offer a viable solution for our couples while still creating an easy to use experience for your guests.

As soon as we get an expected date of release for future updates, we will post them again here on the forum.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. And thank you – so much – for your constructive feedback. This is a passionate group of members and we are definitely listening and hearing what you have to say.

I look forward to circling back on this again with you soon.

xoxo,
Keri
Customer Experience

148 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Nate Christie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The fact that you aren't fixing this duplicate tab "enhancement" is a joke to your users and to this site. You have placed redundant information on **every** single user's website and also did not think to make this an optional/removable feature.

The double display of Hotel Accomodations just clutters up the site and makes it even more difficult to navigate. Please just keep the design straightforward or give us the option to do so. This is hurting more folks than it's helping...

• Annonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The lack of response to this is unbelievable. Like dozens of others, I've gotten no answers to my emails and you have ignored people here, too. Wish I'd gone elsewhere for wedding planning needs. Is there anything someone could do to get a response from this company? Or do you just lie and pretend like your mistakes don't exist? Disgusting customer service.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was mentioned in another thread months ago, but it is still not addressed!

Even if Guest Accommodation is not listed in the Details the drop-down, it is still showing on the actual page. Removing it from the Details drop-down will remove the Guest Accommodation page as well. The Manage Pages does not show Guest Accommodation as a page even if it is showing, so there is no option to remove it there either.

Hundreds of people are still complaining about this on the other thread:
    https://help.theknot.com/forums/263843-the-knot-all-in-one-wedding-planner-forum/suggestions/36866479-guest-accommodations-duplicated-on-wedding-websi?page=1&per_page=20#{toggle_previous_statuses}

This is still not fixed, contrary to the update of 2/21. The site is still duplicating the accommodation / details. Either that, or Details tab needs to be removed completely

• G Dubs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WHY IS GUEST ACCOMODATIONS NOT UNDER THE DETAILS SUBNAV?!?!

THIS SITE DESIGN MAKES US LOOK LIKE IDIOTS!

This is a crazy way to do it. It should either be in a details subnav, or there should be the option to show each details element on its own main nav item.

• Anita commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm super unhappy with this duplication. I've spent two hours trying to fix it until I found this thread; I honestly thought I was the one who was incompetent. I'm partly glad that it's not me but I'm really disappointed that this can't be changed. I feel the website really looks silly now and honestly a lot harder for my guests to follow. I'd change to another provider but this website is printed on our invitations now.

• EMILY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really unhappy with the duplication! It's made it more complicated for guests!

• Paige Dixon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can the names be changed back to family groups? Why is everything separate I can’t tell who’s with who! Whole wedding guest list ruined

• Celina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I noticed this too and was looking for a fix until I found this thread. I really hope there will be a fix coming...

• Anna & Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here, I don't understand why this is not changed back if the feedback is clearly negative. Our site is not showing it duplicated, but it just does not make sense to have it separate and on top of that its creating a menu that is now 2 rows instead of one, making this whole layout very unclean and unprofessional.

Quite disappointed that this will not be an optional feature instead of being forced.

• Darren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is perhaps the weakest part of my website. I cannot think of a single reason that I should be forced to have accommodations as a separate page. Not to mention that it is also duplicated. Any update as to when this might be fixed?

• Pete commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Incredibly amateurish, very irritating, and just disappointing. Why you would change this on already published websites is beyond me.

• Kelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi - I agree with the below comments, I think it looks somewhat tacky to have Accommodations duplicated in the title line, and honestly I'm embarrassed to tell people to go to the site because it's a reflection on us as a couple and makes us look incompetent. If I hadn't already handed out my website, I'd use one of the many other wedding website options available.

• Rachel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with all those who have already posted. I am very frustrated that I'm unable to eliminate the duplicate "Guest Accommodations" tab, exactly as outlined by the post below from Apr 3.

This is not an intuitive design; because of the separate headings on the main page, I think guests will be confused to stumble on the "Guest Accommodations" section or a "Things-to-Do" section in the same place, when they thought they were going to view the other. I want to delete the "Guest Accommodations" heading and have it nested under the Details tab on the main page.

The website looks terrible now. With duplicate Guest Accommodations, all tabs can't fit on one line.
    Please fix ASAP.
    Removing 'Guest Accommodations' tab should be a very simple technical task.

Hi

I agree with the below - right next to the "Guest Accommodations" tab I have a "Travel & Transportation" that contains the guest accommodations info that has already been provided. And if I try to hide the guest accommodations tab under "Travel" it hides the whole bloody thing! The website looks ridiculous and makes us (being the couple) look a bit incompetent considering it is not that difficult to create a website with TheKnot. Unfortunately, I do not have a choice but to stick with this vendor as the details of the site is being published on our invitations. If I knew about this issue, I don't think I would have used this vendor because it will confuse unnecessarily confuse our guests.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base