What's your idea for The Knot?

Online RSVP Issue

Hi there!

Thank you so much for checking in.

We are in the process of making some new enhancements to our RSVP & Guest List Manager. We are aware there are a few kinks to work out as this rolls out by the end of April. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience while we work through these changes. We definitely appreciate any feedback that we can pass along to our product team. I do apologize for any inconvenience and hope to have updates very soon!

If you don't mind, please help us track down the root cause of this issue by emailing us the following details (see below).

Please email this portion to Help@theknot.com, so we can send your feedback to our Tech team, as they continue to investigate the current issue.

1. Your website URL:
2. What browser & version are you using?:
3. Where did it happened - desktop/mobile/app:
4. Specific issue/error and the steps you took when you received it:
5. Screenshot of the issue/error:

Thank you so much for your time and patience!

XOXO,
Your Customer Experience Team

330 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
AdminMeuy (Business Analyst, The Knot) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

44 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Gina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There doesn't appear to be any way to add meals to the updated RSVP form? Would like to have our guests do a digital RSVP but need them to be able to select meal options or there's no point. PLease update.

• MlleLeman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new RSVP is absolutely terrible - it has not been working for a month or almost a month now giving continuous error messages. We have sent out the invitations encouraging people to RSVP online by end of May 2019, but nothing is working properly! This is TERRIBLE and not acceptable to make such a change, and not to fix issues for a whole month. This is one of the most important events for people and it is careless to make such a mess with an update. PLEASE FIX IT ASAP.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is so much feature parity lacking between the web and iOS mobile app. Why is it that I can add guests to multiple events on my phone, but I can't do it on the web? But it's also worth noting that the mobile version is really buggy and hangs sometimes when I try to add guests from one event to another.

The new update for RSVP is extremely confusing. I liked the old version of the RSVP better. Guests have told me that they have RSVPed recently with the new updated version, and I have not received an email confirmation, nor do they appear on my confirmed guest list. The previous version, guests could check if they are coming to the ceremony, reception, or both. The new version does not allow for this option. I asked guests to RSVP by end of May 2019. Now, I am trying to track people down to see if they actually RSVPed through the new updated version-which I did not receive through email confirmation.
    Please just change it back to the previous version to make everyone's life easier. PLEASE
    The old version was STRAIGHT FORWARD and EASY!

The way that guests are asked to RSVP with the update is confusing. We have had multiple people RSVP that they were coming, but inform us in the note that they were not able to make it. The checkmark next to the name makes it look like the guest is confirming that it is the right guest, not that they are RSVPing for our wedding. As a result, we have had to go back through and check all of the notes from the RSVP emails and exported spreadsheet to double check the count is account. With the summer coming up, I agree that this issue either needs to be resolved ASAP or revert back to the previous version to make it easier for guests to RSVP. Please revert back to the clear options of "accept" and "regret/decline", it was so much more clear than the unlabeled responses that are on there right now. Thank you!

The “updated” RSVP needs serious work ASAP... The old version was much more straightforward for guests to use. First, there used to be clear options for “accept” or “decline” instead of the currently unlabeled (and possibly confusing) check or x options. Also, multiple events used to be listed on a single page for guests to easily view all at once. Now, every step of each event, including meal selections, is on a separate page making things possibly even more cumbersome. And even worse, the RSVP pages display awkwardly using Safari on iOS 12, not centering properly for the entire page to be viewed. These issues (among others) need to be fixed ASAP as prime wedding season is upon us, and many couples are counting on a smooth, straightforward, and functional online RSVP experience for their guests. Or please consider reverting the RSVP back to the old version until the “updated” version is truly ready for roll out. Thanks for your time.

• Brandi MArtin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My guests are calling me left and right because they either can't add their plus one. or simply they cannot add members to their family rsvp as it is only allowing them to add 2 people going even when it is a family of lets say 6 that we invited.

• Javiera commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

when guests go to rsvp through the website the wording we provided keeps putting " " in the middle of sentences. Please fix this issue.

• Ana Aponte-Berrios & William Lewis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wish I would have sent paper RSVP via mail instead of using the Knot to capture our 200+ guest list. We have multiple events over a 3-day span, so I MUST know which events each guest are planning on attending. I downloaded my guest list via your Excel spreadsheet and set RSVP to PUBLIC. RSVP are due by June 1st for our August 2019 wedding. I tried to RSVP my son. (1) it did not recognize him and I had to click ADD. (2) it did not give me the option to RSVP him for each event, not even the Ceremony (3) never received an email confirming his RSVP (4) checked my Guest List and he does not appear on the list, so his RSVP failed. Then, I tried to RSVP Mickey and Minnie Mouse (fake guests), who are NOT on my downloaded Excel sheet and the Knot allowed me to add them AND RSVP for them each event. Then I picked another guest that is on my Excel sheet and it recognized them, but ONLY let me RSVP them for the Ceremony only!! The other 2 day events NEVER appeared as an option!! I've tried this both on Edge and Chrome on 2 different Microsoft Surface Pros. PLEASE HELP! So extremely frustrated with the Knot RSVP.

• Linda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whatever change you made that now takes you back to the rsvp page STINKS. We are trying to rsvp for folks who did not do it on their own and when we go in and update one we cannot back out to search for another name as it takes us right back to the last person we updated. The only way to get to another person is to restart our phone or computer. Really inconsiderate update for the bride and groom those trying to manage the wedding list. I also do not like the new page format. This update is not good, please revert to the old one.

• Greg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Okay, I just found that you can add more than one additional guest but you have to click away from the entry field for a new field to appear. This is functional but unintuitive since some guests have already started working around by adding two people in one field.

• Greg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm using an external spreadsheet instead of TheKnot's internal guest list (which is a bit terrible) so our guests are adding themselves with the Public option, but this only permits one guest and a +1. Guests should be able to RSVP all members of their party. Right now I have to work around by leaving a note for them to RSVP each member individually.

• Lindsay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The RSVP function on our website has changed in the last few days. Has there been an update to the Knot RSVP function? Once you RSVP for one person, you can't go and RSVP for another person. I don't have the guest list by family, everyone are individual so you need to be able to go an RSVP for more than one person. This is a big issue, I tried it myself, I RSVP for someone, then tried to RSVP for another person and I can't, it just keeps showing me the first RSVP and letting me modify it. Can this be fixed?? The format is completely different from what it was originally. Why has it changed?

• Bailey Bennett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

or just have an option to remove having to put in all the guests manually. I will only be giving out this link to invited guests.

I love the RSVP privacy feature that allows only people on the guest list to RSVP. But I have a problem with some of my guests finding their invitation. Some problems have occurred due to improper spelling of their name in the guest list or missing punctuation such as a comma in a name like O'Brien. Is there any way you can improve the system so that the guests are able to have suggestions on their invitation when they submit? For example, if a guest types Jason O'Brien and it is listed as Jason OBrien in the guest list, can you allow the website to make the suggestion "Is this your invitation?" or something like that? That would clear up a lot of confusion and frustration.

• vlfleischer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We've had multiple guests struggle to RSVP for our wedding through the RSVP tool you have provided. This is a very important function on the site and has been problematic and embarrassing for us as we have to communicate to guests that they are in fact invited to the wedding.

If the RSVP function only required email and that asked to verify that the name was you, that would be better. Or some other function that didn't require three fields to be entered a certain way. I've had guests write exactly what I had written for them and it still hasn't worked, so this is clearly a big issue on your site.

Any updates on this feature?
    this will be a treamendous help so guest can put in the names of their +1's.

• alison.k.schultz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

The RSVP is VERY poorly designed on your website. Unless my guests type in their names exactly (i.e. Samantha instead of Sam), it creates a whole new entry for that person. This way, when I go look at my RSVP list, I saw 20 extra people were attending my wedding! I have to manually go in and change all those RSVPs, deleting the newly created ones and accepting and selecting a meal for the one I had originally created. This is incredibly frustrating, as the entire point of using your website to RSVP was to save time and effort, and it has backfired. It would be much better to have the guest type in their name as is already done, and then have them select from a list of possible attendees to ensure their name matches what I have already taken a lot of time to do.

• Ashley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If a guest RSVP's on our website it should be mandatory for them to fill out a first and last name. They should also have to select how many guests are coming with. If they select 3 guests coming then they should have to fill out the first and last names of 3 guests in order to submit the RSVP. I had two people RSVP with just their last name. I didn't know how many were coming with them. Luckily i didn't have anyone else invited with the same last name but if it had been someone who I had multiple people with the same last name it would have been a disaster trying to figure out who it was.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base