What's your idea for The Knot?

Please change the Guest back to when you click on 'declined' 'accepted' or 'no response' it only shows that category not just highlights

Honestly this new way is terrible and I'm going to miss someone who has declined or not RSVPs.

147 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jessica shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  AdminMeuy (Business Analyst, The Knot) responded  · 

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
XOXO,
Your Customer Experience Team

38 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • kelleyfaulkner3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is adding a lot more stress to people.. Why would we change this? People will leave this site and not recommend it to others now? Please make this change ASAP.

• kelleyfaulkner3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, It should not just highlight them! This makes it a lot more stressful and harder to find people!!!

• Ahmed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! I have no idea who made the call to modify searches so they only highlight the matching text instead of filtering out what you see. Please bring this back!

• Heather Greene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE bring back the search feature on the Guest List manager! That is one of the most useful tools when doing invitations and thank-you notes, especially if you have a large wedding invite list.

• Haley Beets commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Previously, I was able to search the Guest List by name and the guest list results were filtered down only to people with that name. Now in the most recent 2019 version of the feature, people with the searched name are simply highlighted in black with the other names greyed out. They are not filtered and I have to manually scroll to see which name is highlighted. I'd like a return to the old filtering behavior, please! It was much more usable to quickly add info. Thank you!

• Tiffani T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously why did you guys make an update to the guestlist? this was a terrible update. I literally have to scroll through for the declines and no response to find out who (bolding it makes absolutely no sense) it's supposed to be a search feature not hide and seek.

• Bentley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish that when I type in to find a guests name, it would make all the other names disappear. When im searching someone to edit their name, it just bolds it but then i have to scroll through and find it. If im typing in the person's name, why won;t it take out the rest? Doesn't seem very productive.

• Maureen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're getting RSVPs back now and it's annoying to search through the whole list to find the guests we need to mark. It doesn't even seem to be in any particular order and it's not sortable either which would be easier. Please fix the search feature! It's been broken for a long time!

• Bryan Wallace commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. This is a terrible new way to do it. Why was there a change? When I organize tables, it's hard to look at who's accepted and who hasn't. When I was following up with ppl for RSVPs, I just wanted to see the list of ppl I needed to contact, not have to scroll through 190 names.

• KDS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix this. It is so frustrating especially when you are searching through more than 100 people trying to figure out who has not responded. It makes it like trying to find a needle in the haystack. The search option doesn't even work the way it used to. You still have to scroll down through all the different names and look for the highlighted name.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please go Back to the original way it was sometimes updates on not always affective! The term is if it’s not broken don’t fix it!

Please fix this asap. The inability to search by decline or no response is making it nearly impossible to use my guest list. I also don't like that I can no longer just search a name and have it come up. The guest list feature really isn't that helpful to me anymore with these changes

• BWE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you please fix this immediately? It is adding immense stress. Seriously.
    There's no good reason to not correct this and aim for positive experiences
    for those who think the Knot will serve useful purposes, which I'm sure is our shared value.
    Please escalate this beyond the "we'll take this into consideration" level and make this right.
    Thank you.

• Breahna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was using the Knot as my go-to wedding tool for tracking RSVPs. This new change makes the guest list no longer functional. My RSVP deadline is getting close so this is super inconvenient. I can no longer filter by who has accepted, declined, or given no response. The Knot, why would you change this feature? I don't see who your update could be helpful to anyone. Can you please change it back as soon as you can?

• Tanner KN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This change made it essentially unusable. Instead of filtering and sorting based on [Accepted/Declined] etc, it just bolds those selections, so you have to go through your entire wedding guest list and write down everyone in a given category to see who is in it, and potentially cross reference a separate spreadsheet to see who is left. I can't imagine why making the filtered/sorted selections bold would help anyone. If the Knot wants that function, add a sort to the "All Guests" tab/filter.

As well, it makes no sense that when you search for someone, it bolds their name. Why would that help me? I still need to scroll through every single name to find them. A "cmd" + "f" is more effective.

Also, in response to the great suggestion below about exporting as a CSV, my export button isn't functioning either.

I really hope this was just a mistake that's being fixed, but based on the response it sounds like it was something they are trying out, which really reduces my confidence in The Knot.

Actually, we've checked across Firefox and Chrome, and are having the same issue across browsers, OS's, and incognito tabs, etc. Just seems to be broken.

Yes, this is very frustrating. I'm glad you figured out that it was browser-based, but I agree that it's essentially unusable in Firefox because instead of filtering and sorting based on [Accepted/Declined] etc, it just bolds those selections, so you have to go through your entire wedding guest list and write down everyone in a given category to see who is in it, and cross reference a separate spreadsheet to see who is left.

Hello - I use firefox as my primary browser and it appears your guest list search box does not work when viewed in firefox. I confirmed this across multiple PCs. It works fine in Chrome.

If your engineering team is anything like mine, all your developers use Chrome to build and test so things slip through the cracks on firefox. It would be great to have this functionality work across both browsers!

• Margarita commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The guest list manager is no longer working as previously about 1 month ago. You can no longer search for a household or individual. At times, more than often, you cannot scroll down your list. You only have access to what is on the screen at the time (only a few households show) This is frustrating since the guest manager I use as a secondary back-up and can barely use!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base