What's your idea for The Knot?

[Collaborative Account] Allowing fiance and/or parents to also access wedding website and all planning resources.

From what I can tell, the Knot does not really support a co-planning experience with your fiance. While I am a woman and so know more about the existence of site like the Knot, my fiance is extremely involved in our wedding planning, unlike the "old days," I guess, and it is really annoying that we can't have "couple" knot access. You should allow us to link our accounts so we can share some things, like the checklist and the wedding website, but not all things (like I can hide my groom gift inspiration board from him). Otherwise this feels very antiquated that he can't update our wedding website (without just logging into my account) or see our checklist and budget. And while obviously it could be anyone in a couple who has the main account, it seems like it seems to reinforce traditional gender norms and is not considerate of gay couples as well.

269 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Krista P. responded  · 

Hi and thanks so much for writing in! This is great feedback. We’ve heard similar feedback from others. Moving forward we are thinking about designing collaborative account for our couples.

Thanks again!

Krista

36 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Amada commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make collaborative accounts! My fiance and I are both working on the wedding and we find The Knot helpful but it is annoying that we can't both work on things at the same time. Thanks for considering this soon!

• Ronnie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Weddingwire.com allows this. We just hired a wedding planner, and gave us two sites to look at... this one and wedding wire..... and I'm shocked more and more reading all the ideas and comments that has been posted and voted on and still over a year later some tiny very low risk changes to your code/website haven't been implemented.

• kelsey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this functionality available yet? Seems like its been over a year since first posted??

• Michelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm just starting the process now was well. We have picked out rings, but my boyfriend is waiting for the perfect time to propose. I get emails from the knot with useful information I think he could use (ring insurance, how to purpose, who pays for pre-parties...). It would be nice if he could get the same emails and be involved in the planning process with me as he has a more flexible work schedule and will be doing a lot of the ground work for us.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please!! Why isn't this standard for all wedding planning sites? My (same-***) partner and I are planning our wedding together, and it feels incredibly antiquated for us not to be able to collaborate on the same wedding without sharing passwords. We are going to keep looking for a wedding planning tool that will actually let us plan the wedding together.

• Kevin Asbell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah. Having separate accounts and having people be able to have approved assigned roles would be outstanding.

Imagine how well you would be able to have more directed marketing to the bride and groom specifically if they have separate accounts. As an example, have the grooms section include the tux/suit selection and you can tie that to Men's Wearhouse or something. And then that information could be separately accessible by groomsmen.

Your site could be endlessly more effective and profitable.

• Olive commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be awesome if MOHs could be granted access to some of the planning stuff that the bride has access to (this could be a checkbox for them to mark if they'd WANT to grant access) to help her out!

• Olive commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has The Knot ever considered adding a section for Bridesmaids/MOHs? I'm the MOH in my friend's upcoming wedding, and I have ZERO idea of what my responsibilities are, or resources I can use -- really I have no idea how to go about any of the planning for bridal shower/bachelorette/etc. because I've never been in any other wedding!

Let there be a join category for PARENTS of the couple...a lot of us do the research!! The only choice is "Bride" or "Groom". Also I have used this site to find vendors for parties..not just weddings.

Being that a wedding is for both the bride and groom, there should be a way to have two email address/passwords. So my fiancé/groom can get on and look at it too. I gave him mine, but it would be nice if he would be able to look as well.

• AdminKrista (Admin, The Knot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi and thanks for sending in your feedback!

We are definitely considering this for our future product road map, we’re just not quite there with building it yet. We will keep you updated here as we make progress on this collaborative feature.

Thanks for your patience!
        Krista

• Ranjan Banerji commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What's the status on this request? Seems a big deal to have to use/share one account to collaborate on a wedding site. To say nothing of not being able to use the site to set up separate events for brides/grooms parties before the event...

• J F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

... and it's silly that we shouldn't be able to have separate accounts, much like the best wedding registry sites. Sharing a login does not cut it.

• Nathan T Nesbitt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do the same as wedding registries do - each person has their own account, and both accounts have admin privileges to their wedding event. I agree it is horrible to discover that this is not an option at the knot!

• Laura commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! My fiance should have access to certain favorite boards (if I choose to share), the checklist, the budget tool, the guest list and the website. He is my partner in this and we want to share the responsibility. Right now, I've given him my access info just so he can view it with STRICT rules to NOT look at my favorites where I've liked dresses! Thankfully I can trust him, but it's still not ideal. And that way I can know who marked things complete (name listed). There should be a way to each create an account and link them OR where I create the account and then grant access to the areas he needs with his own information. Thanks for researching this possibility! :)

• Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The first thing I wanted to do when I created my account was to invite my fiancee to create an account so we could collaborate on our wedding planning... For some insane reason there doesn't look like an option to do this!!! Given that weddings are planned collaboratively, why don't you allow brides and grooms to separately access the website and collaborate together (your suggestion that we 'share' an account name and password goes against all security advice). Until you recognise that wedding planning is a shared experience, I can't use or recommend your website.

← Previous 1 2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base