The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Gift-Giver info for thank yous?

Is there a way to, or there should be a way to identify who sent what gifts from the registry...

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When you export a guest list to CSV, "Household Name" should be a column

What the title says. You should be able to name households and export that to your CSV.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Blog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Updating ring search to include more styles/gems/eliminate types of gems

So I realized your searching options are highly limited in terms of looking for rings. I absolutely despise diamonds and would love to have a category to filter those out. Additionally, I think a theme or style search would be great (IE: modern, simple, multi-gem, no gem, open, flexible, classic etc...)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

5. Be able to Customize Dashboard

Agreeing with a comment below that < I've already booked my venue and no longer need to focus on it > so it would be great if I could choose and move which blocks I want at the top at that particular time - let me choose what I am focusing on

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

6. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. choice

It would be great if the Meal Choices (Optional) could be a free form field. We don't have meal choices, but we will have multiple shuttles. I wish I could enter in Shuttle Time for a title and list the options. This way we have a better understanding of how many shuttles and when. It's a pretty simple back-end change.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Adding a wedding band to the vendor list

There is currently no spot to add a wedding band to the vendor list. I can add a DJ, or a soloist (there are actually two options for that), but I cannot add a wedding band to the vendors.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make RSVP customisable please

Please allow us to edit the "do you have any additional notes" at point of RSVP - I feel that it is really vague and not helpful.
    I specifically want to know about dietary requirements, but many guests may not think to include that there if not prompted.
    Some others may want to use it for a different question, or delete it altogether. Please let us customise it..
    I would love to use theknot for our wedding website but this is the one thing holding me back.

84 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!

10. Option to remove or edit the "Send a note to the couple (optional)" section

While this section may be useful for some couples there might be some who would rather not have this feature. Guests could potentially take advantage of this option to write in names of additional plus ones, change an invited plus one to someone else (a child/friend instead of a spouse), or add unwanted comments that they now expect to be honored, ex: music requests, seating requests, etc. It would be helpful to have the option to remove this feature or edit it to specify what information hosts are looking for, ex: any dietary restrictions/food allergies.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

11. Option for no cover photo

Hi there, I am wondering if it is possible for any of these templates to be formatted such that no cover photo is required.
    Thanks!

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

12. wishlist

Why can't I remove the "wishlist" section?????

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

13. Let people put in more than one Vendor for each category

For some categories, like Beauty, I have hired more than one person, but I am only able to input one vendor. For instance, I have separate hair and makeup people, but it does not allow me to put both in as hired vendors. Even on the Wedding Day Timeline, I try to put the makeup vendor in separately, and it always ends up changing it to my organist for some reason. Please fix this!

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

14. Instagram Update - Hashtag Albums No Longer Working

On December 11, 2018, Instagram will stop auto-importing photos into Wedding Websites. You'll still be able to upload your Instagram photos directly to your site. If you created an album with a hashtag, it will instead appear as a link for guests to view your photos on Instagram.

We are very sorry for if this causes issue on how your website is already set up. Unfortunately, we were just informed that Instagram is making this change on their side and we do not have a way to work around this.

If you are still looking for a way to gather…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Limited Options to Customize Website

These are issues/problems I feel should be addressed, preferably sooner than later:

1. Ability to actually customize our website like you advertise, because as of right now, the only real option for customization is to whether to show or hide pages/sections. What would truly make the website customizable is allowing us to decide/change where sections, pages, information, etc. is on the website navigation, and how it is displayed on the page. (Like separate "Home" and "Wedding" pages, as opposed to making the "Home" page show all of the details; AND on the "Guest Accommodations" page, I wish I could show the…

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

16. Rearrange Photo Album Order

Please PLEASE make the option available to rearrange photo albums once they are uploaded. I spent so much time arranging photos in the three albums that I uploaded so that they were order of preference. The first album I did was our engagement photos and then I uploaded two more so now our engagement photo album is last and I would really love for that to be first. I don't want to delete it and have to redo everything again. If we can rearrange photos in the albums, why can we rearrange the actual albums? Please address this as I…

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

17. Move the RSVP button BELOW the ceremony and reception section.

We need guests to read the details of ceremony and reception before clicking the button-- it's not always obvious that they need to scroll down to read the details.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

18. Ability to Block Vendors

I think it would be helpful to have the option to block vendors who keep sending messages despite being told they are sending them to the WRONG person. I originally sent an inquiry to Edgewood Country Club asking if they were available for my date. Mark Kennedy replied. SInce that time, he has sent an invoice, a demand for payment and now another invoice. I've called and left 2 voicemails for him, replied via theknot and am tired of receiving messages from him. I never booked any services with him or his establishment and certainly DO NOT owe him any…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

19. It would be nice if the knot eventually offered up multicultural style wedding planning

I am planning an Indian wedding and my use of the knot website is extremely limited in terms of decor, vendors, etc. I love the setup of the website but unfortunately will not be able to make use of all of the features as they only cater to a specific crowd. Also, in selection of wedding location, it would be nice just to be able to select a location not in the states, even if the knot is unable to provide suggestions for venues or vendors in that area.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

20. I would like to edit headers for the guest list when importing. I would also like to change the functions when guests RSVP from "email" to #

I would like to edit headers for the guest list when importing. I would also like to change the functions when guests RSVP from "email" to "phone number". You should be able to edit what the RSVP says to guests.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base