TheKnot.com Ideas + Feedback

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

What's your idea for The Knot?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Guestbook] I'd like to see a Guestbook feature added to Wedding Websites.

I would love to be able to use a guestbook like on the old websites. If this is not currently possible, when will it be available? If not soon, can I change my site to the older version so I can still use that feature? Thanks!

833 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      190 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I know this Guest Book is a much needed feature and we were really hoping to see it released in early 2016, however, it is still being worked on. The ability to have a Guest Book in our new builder sites is a priority for our Tech team and we really do hope to see it now released later this summer. In the meantime you will continue to see many functionality issues being fixed and added that make your wedding websites great for your event and all your guests.

Thanks for your continued patience! We will get there and your attention and voting here in the forum really does help push this to the front of the line.

Talk soon,
      Keri

• [Wedding Website] Ability to embed video and more.

It seems ridiculous that there is no possibility of embedding items into the wedding website. It would be so much easier to embed a small flight search engine, a box from my RSVP site, or video (I KNOW you've already gotten complaints re: Vimeo) from an engagement or wedding.

Creates such a nicer experience for guests and makes the linking of all these different pieces of information MUCH easier for me (the bride). Please add this soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

356 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        76 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • [Wedding Website] Add basic analytics to Wedding Websites.

It would be really helpful if you offered basic analytics for the wedding websites you offer. Other than guests RSVPing through the site, there is no way of knowing if it is getting any traffic. The tracking wouldn't need to be extensive, even visits and geo traffic would be extremely helpful.

206 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          24 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your analytics idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Katie

• [General] The Knot should be more conducive to same-sex weddings.

I am in a lesbian relationship and getting married in May. I have been using your checklist, budgeter, and other parts of your website, and for the most part it is very helpful. However, one complaint I have is that I have to modify everything to remove the "groom" aspect and restructure it for two brides. It seems like this would be a fairly simple fix of having an alternative checklist for same-*** couples, probably one for men and one for women. I know The Knot tries to be inclusive but this is a pretty big oversight in terms of…

147 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            34 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for getting in touch about this! It is feedback we’ve heard before and have plans to address the language issue.

We do want to be inclusive and make all of our users happy! We are continually making improvements and really appreciate you taking the time to send your feedback!

I will be in touch with updates!

Krista

• Music playing on website

I think it would be nice if we had the option to have a song playing in the background of our wedding website for when guests visit our site.

132 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              24 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a great suggestion and our team is always looking at what our couples would like the most. There are some licensing issues to consider when adding music to a site, but I will make sure they know this is still a valid suggestion. We hope to see many user suggestions added to the site in the next year.

Enjoy your planning!
              Keri

• [Budgeter] I have ideas for the future Budgeter.

I think the new look of the site is great. It feels more organized and the design is cleaner and easier to understand. This makes for a much better user experience. I would just like to comment on some functionality when you do update the Budgeter tool. It would be great if once you put in an "actual" amount, it would re-calculate and recommend how to re-organize the budget. For example, the Budgeter is recommending spending $500 on my wedding band. However, I know my wedding band is going to cost at least $1000. It would be great if I…

122 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                12 comments  ·  Budgeter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for taking the time to send your feedback! We really appreciate the thoughtful feedback on the future Budgeter.

We’d love to hear more of your thoughts on the Budgeter and other future tool improvements. If you would be interested in scheduling a 30 minute feedback session, please contact me directly at ideas@xogrp.com.

If you’d like to access your old budgeter, please make sure you are logged in to The Knot. Then, go directly to: http://planning.theknot.com/wedding-budget.

Thanks again!

Krista

• [Collaborative Account] Allowing fiance and/or parents to also access wedding website and all planning resources.

From what I can tell, the Knot does not really support a co-planning experience with your fiance. While I am a woman and so know more about the existence of site like the Knot, my fiance is extremely involved in our wedding planning, unlike the "old days," I guess, and it is really annoying that we can't have "couple" knot access. You should allow us to link our accounts so we can share some things, like the checklist and the wedding website, but not all things (like I can hide my groom gift inspiration board from him). Otherwise this feels…

120 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  19 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thanks so much for writing in! This is great feedback. We’ve heard similar feedback from others. Moving forward we are thinking about designing collaborative account for our couples.

Thanks again!

Krista

• [Wedding Website] I'd still like the option for side navigation on my wedding website.

I really dislike the new way that the wedding websites are laid out. It seems silly to have to scroll through the information, rather than click the sections. Why did you take away the side sections (or at least have an option to select the layout)? The headers at the top that have the drop down menus are hard to read with the layout designs there are. The old websites were much better organized and easier to read. I'm seriously considering julding my own site and abandoning this one.

111 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    12 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for contacting us!

We have heard similar feedback from other couples. We do plan to add this option in the future.

Thanks,
                    Katie

• 76 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      38 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thanks for writing in! There is no seating chart on the new site but new features are coming in 2016.

Thanks!

Krista

• [Favorites] I'd like to be able to organize favorites into specific boards.

At this time on all Favorites are added to one board. The ability to create specific boards and add Favorites is a feature is coming soon.

69 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        planned  ·  12 comments  ·  Favorites + Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Additional Theme Customizations

Several aspects of the website theme could be more customizable, such as font capitalization (instead of all caps), edit size/type of "and" between names (personally I'd prefer a fancy ampersand), edit size/type of countdown (the default is so tiny), and the option for social media icons on the home page (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc).

64 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          12 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I really appreciate this feedback. It helps our team push forward the items that are more important to our members. We are always making updates and I also hope to see a few of your suggestions in our future updates. You can adjust the font and size of fonts in the Change Theme Settings section of your website dashboard already. I hope this helps a little until a fully flexible site is developed in the future.

Enjoy!
                          Keri

• [Favorites] I'm unable to remove Favorites

With your new design, it seems we can no longer edit (i.e. remove items) our favorites or boards. There is no option to edit on the page, hovering over the thumbnail does not generate an option, and many of the favorites have web addresses that no longer exist.

Please make a more intuitive system for deleting favorite-ed items.

Also, you may already be aware, but your new site does not have full functionality in Chrome. Pages are cut off in the middle, so you can't view a whole board, and can't post any discussions.

Thank you for your attention.

53 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            16 comments  ·  Favorites + Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and we’re sorry for the delay. Thank you for sending your feedback though!

You should be able to un-click the heart on the product detail pages to remove Favorites. We are working on an optimized experience for this though. Stay tuned for updates!

And the layout problem you mentioned is also a known issue. It’s being looked into.

Feel free to send over any other feedback/suggestions.

Katie

• [Filters] When filtering, I want to select multiple options within a category.

For example, in browsing engagement rings, I should be able to select more than 1 stone shape, as well as the metal, and multiple designers. This makes the search more user friendly!

53 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              2 comments  ·  Filters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there!

We are working on improvements to the wedding dress section on The Knot and will be in touch with updates soon.

Thanks so much!

Krista

• I'd like to see a price legend for the venues.

It's impossible to determine what "affordable" vs "moderate" is.

51 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                5 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thanks for getting in touch about this!

We’ve heard this from many users and are planning to add “starting price range” to vendors. Let us know if you have any suggestions and if you would find a starting prices range more helpful.

Thanks!

Krista

• Please add back the Guest List Manager summary feature.

Please add back the Guest List Manager summary feature. Being able to view how many bride vs groom parties were there, number of invitations would need to be sent (parties rather than individuals), etc. was very helpful. As of right now, I'd have to go down my wedding guest list and manually count the unique addresses when trying to determine how many invitations, stamps, etc need to be ordered.

44 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  3 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We truly appreciate all the feedback we have been getting on the new Guest List Manager. We know that the old manager had a few more features and we are continuing to work on improving the GLM and the RSVP features on our new site builder. Your feedback is being considered and we truly hope you see some improvements in the next few weeks/months to come. If you have a specific question that we can help you with now, please email our team at help@theknot.com. We are happy to look at your specific account and see if we can help at all.

Thanks everyone – for your patience and understanding.
                                  Keri

• [Checklist] It would be awesome to have an interactive calendar app.

A calendar application would be great. We could merge the existing checklist items and add our own appointments to it. One for our phones so there is easy access to it.

44 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    1 comment  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your feedback on The Knot! We are working toward making this Checklist experience even better and more interactive. Keep an eye out for updates and keep the great feedback coming!

Thanks so much!

Krista

• [Wedding Websites] Text links should be styled to look more like links.

I've tried three different templates, and keep running into the issue that text links don't stand out. It would be great if they were styled in a different color or underlined (or both). As it is, you can't tell links are different from the other text.

41 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      4 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you for your feedback!

This is a great suggestion. Can you send over the template examples you are referring to so we can take a look and share with the team?

We appreciate it.

Thanks!
                                      Katie

• [Wedding Websites] Add "officiant" as a role for the wedding party.

Please add "officiant" to the categories for the "roles" of wedding party members on the website. We'd like to acknowledge our friends, who are officiating the wedding for us, but are unable to list their role as part of the wedding party.

38 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        6 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for contacting us!

We appreciate you sharing your idea about adding "officiant’ as a role for the wedding party. We will definitely be considering this and can keep you updated if this changes.

We’ll keep you posted. Thanks!

Katie

• You should have asked for feedback before changing the website.

You should have asked for feedback before changing the website feature. It's miserable to use now.

- None of my information from my previous website transferred over so I had to re-do the ENTIRE THING. Thank goodness for copy and paste, but you wasted a ton of my time I did not have.
                                        - The navigation bar at the top offers limited organization/layout opportunities and sometimes does not work. You need to offer multiple navigation bar layouts, not just the top.
                                        - The webpage crashed multiple times while I worked on it.
                                        - There is little editing ability within each…

34 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • [Guest List Manager] Some of my guests have the same name.

I have several occurrences of two guys on my guest list having the same name as each other, and no other distinguishing title (no Seniors/Juniors). When I type in their name on the website to RSVP, only one of the parties under that name comes up, meaning the other party under the same name - even with different guests - won't be able to RSVP.

33 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            7 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

HI and thanks for getting in touch! This is a unique issue. I will get in touch with the Guest Services team to discuss a fix and get back to you with an update.

Thanks so much for your patience!

Krista

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base