TheKnot.com Ideas + Feedback

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

What's your idea for The Knot?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Vendor List

Hello,

I love the new "vendor list" feature but am having trouble adding vendors who do not have existing Knot accounts. I believe this is a very strong attribute for The Knot to gain data from bride clients. Whenever I type in a vendor who does not have a Knot account already, it says "Can't find vendor? Google Search". Then when you click on that, it does nothing. Am I missing something, is this still being fixed, or is there a way around this?

Thanks,

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      11 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We have heard from a few other members that the vendors not on Google are not able to be added. This is an urgent ask in our Tech department and they are working on getting this added within the next 30-45 days. I know that is a lot of time when you are planning now, but we want to make sure we add it right the first time. We really do want to make sure we are providing what you need and want from our free membership sites.

Enjoy your planning!
      XO,
      Meuy

• LGBT Friendly Vendors - Add icon and filter for Vendor Search

I am not asking for more inclusive same-*** language like the other planned suggestion, I am asking for your vendor pages to have an icon, like a rainbow heart or flag, in the Details section where the prices are mentioned showing that the vendor is LGBT friendly. There should also be a LGBTQA+ friendly filter for any vendor search that automatically brings up vendors that are LGBT friendly.

Thank you.

11 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        4 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
        XOXO,
        Meuy

• I'd like the option to block venues from my search list that I've ruled-out

I would like having the option to basically cross off vendors I have looked into and have decided are not right for me. It's overwhelming to come back later and have to scroll through the same vendors every time.

9 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • I would *love* it if I could bookmark venues for easier review on future site visits.

I am very slowly planning the event and have logged in a few times to look at venues. The problem is, I basically have to start almost from scratch each time. The filters are good, but I'd like to be able to bookmark and return to select listings.

A comparison feature that allowed for side by side review of venue amenities would also be very helpful.

Thank you for your wonderful site!

7 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
            XOXO,
            Meuy

• Same *** wedding Officiants searchable by zip code

Same *** wedding officiants searchable by zip code. This option should be available for all wedding vendors, by zip code , to search by those who are gay friendly.

6 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
              XOXO,
              Meuy

• [Vendors] I would like to be able to send an image in my messages when replying back to inquiries.

I would like to be able to send photos or pages/images to people who are inquiring about my services. Is there not a way to do this?

4 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! This feature is on our roadmap and we are planning to support it by the beginning of next year.

Have a great weekend!

Krista

• Providing Vendors with my email

Hello,
                I used your site to contact three vendors for more information. I am now receiving emails back from several vendors that I did not contact - my personal email is being filled with information from vendors that I am not interested in using. I've heard a lot of great feedback about your site but am very disappointed in this "feature". Very frustrating.

4 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sending in your feedback. We do have a box, that is often overlooked, that tells the couple we are going to also have 5 other vendors reach out to you. You can opt out of this, but many forget in the hurry of sending in their request for information.

That being said – we are reviewing this process and it will be improved in early January so it isn’t overlooked and you are just hearing from vendors that you choose. Sorry this wasn’t the best experience right now, but we are listening and it will be fixed.

Enjoy your planning!
                  Keri

• Adding vendors manually

Hi,

I know it lets you search vendors through Google. But I have a friend who is a planner and does not ave a website. Also, your Google search shows my church's school, not parish, so I had to choose that. You should allow manual entry of details to fix issues like this.

4 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for sharing this feedback. We are continuing to work on our Vendor list abilities so that more vendors are available and the right vendors are able to be added to your lists. Right now, you are correct, that we cannot manually add in vendors, but we are listening. We know this is something that could be very helpful in many planning lists, and the team is trying to find the best way to make this work.

We will definitely keep you posted if this comes up in our design road map early in 2017.

XOXO,
                    Keri

• Real wedding quotes from real brides

Right now, you allow the venue to describe their affordability. You should allow women to post the rates they were given. Glassdoor does this with salaries and it's a HUGE reason I go to that site. I thought of this because your site said that harvard art museum was "moderate" while it actually requires a $10k donation in addition to a $5k venue fee...Was kind of awkward to ask them the price after reading here. Thanks so much!!

3 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
                      XOXO,
                      Meuy

• I just tried the "request quote" button for several venues and found a bug.

The prepopulated value in the datepicker is not valid.

Steps to reproduce:

Open TheKnot while signed into account.
                      Go To Venues + Receptions -> Wedding Reception Venues.
                      Open a venue.
                      Click request quote.
                      Click in the "Wedding Date" box
                      Click outside the wedding date box (but still in the popup so that the Send Message popup does not go away).

Expected results: Date is confirmed, everything works, and messages can be sent.

Actual Results: Red error saying "Wedding Date is required" and an inability to Send Message

Workaround:
                      Click "My Knot"
                      Click Edit Date
                      Select date
                      Copy Date to clip…

2 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the step-by-step explanation! It helps us us replicate and fix the issue. This is one we are working on and will have an update soon.

Hope you had a great weekend!

Krista

• Not of fan of the "contact 5 additional vendors" feature

I have been very careful to make sure I am not checking the box that sends me quotes from "5 similar vendors." Yet, somehow I keep getting messages from vendors I did not wish to speak with. This has happened over and over. I am only one month in to planning and that "feature" is causing me more headache. I am getting bombarded with emails from unwanted vendors. And they are rarely actually "similar" to what I selected anyway. Vendors from outside my location I set, it's truly ridiculous. For brides who really are trying to plan their whole wedding…

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

We are really close on having this go away and a new portal will be launched so you can more accurately track your interactions with your vendors. We appreciate your feedback and definitely have heard this from others as well.

Be watching in the next few weeks for a big improvement here.

XO,
                          Keri

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base