The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

What's your idea for The Knot?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Newlywed Fund in Canada

Please make the Newlywed Fund available for Canadian residents!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for contacting us!

We have heard similar feedback from other couples. We do plan to add this option in the future.

Enjoy your planning!
      XOXO,
      Meuy

• Equality

I understand historical a marriage has been between a man and a woman. However times or evolving and I find it very disappointing that The Knot has little to no representation of LGBTQ+ weddings. I ordered the book and everything is labeled as "Bride and Groom". I should have listened to other LGBTQ+ friends who decided to not use your website or book for this reason. You need to be inclusive and consider updating your website and book in order to include all. Its disappointing to say the least.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for getting in touch about this! It is feedback we’ve heard before and have plans to address the language issue.

We do want to be inclusive and make all of our users happy! We are continually making improvements and really appreciate you taking the time to send your feedback!

I will be in touch with updates!

Enjoy your planning!
        XOXO,
        Meuy

• Day-of transportation plan should be on the checklist.

Day-of transportation plan should be on the checklist.

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a great addition! The team has this on the list and we will hopefully see this added in our next round of additional items.

XOXO,
          Keri

• App freezes / closes every time I use a filter

We have heard from a few members that their Planner app continues to freeze and close down any time you use the venue filter feature. We are very sorry that is happening and we are definitely continuing to investigate so we can get a fix pushed out as soon as possible. We will keep you posted in our Forum page as soon as a fix has been released.

Talk soon,
          Keri

0 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Same Gender Marriage

In addition to what others have said and voted with regards to offering same gender marriages customization, the language and ideas received in emails should reflect the same or be more specific to the users' profile.

7 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a great suggestion! We will definitely pass this along to our Product Design team for consideration.

Enjoy the site!
              XO,
              Meuy

• Please include more of the LGBTQ community

Hello! I love your website/Instagram. It genuinely bothers me that you don't show more LGBTQ marriages, especially trans people. I'm a ******** woman. I want to see more inspiration for my own wedding where a woman is marrying a woman. Or a wedding where someone that might not be "passing" for the gender they identify with is getting married. We can't all have the money for full transitional therapy like Caitlyn Jenner. I also would love to see more handicapped weddings. I think it would mean a lot to a lot of people. Thanks, Davinica

4 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
                XOXO,
                Meuy

• Add an option to make your own free wedding site

Currently all the wedding "themes" are boring. They're all floral / black and white or just too classic.

Add an option to let us upload our own pictures and use our own scrolling wallpaper as well as picture widgets / GIFs

3 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We definitely keep looking at adding new themes. We will have almost 200 choices by the end of February for you to choose from in a variety of colors and options. That being said, we are not in the place yet to allow you to have your own photo or design as the background on your site. The Developers are working toward this in the future, but until that is something we can offer we do hope you find a good variety in what is offered.

XOXO,
                  Keri

• Your search/filter feature on wedding venues could be much better

Your search/filter feature on wedding venues could be much better. On the website i enter the number of guests i'm approximating and the filter never works to only give the number I enter. It would be nice if i could choose multiple approximate guest numbers as well since my numbers aren't set in stone. This feature works on the app on my phone, but then it doesn't allow me to restrict to within so many miles of the city i have entered. This is very frustrating when searching through hundreds of venues.

7 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Filters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Adding vendors manually

Hi,

I know it lets you search vendors through Google. But I have a friend who is a planner and does not ave a website. Also, your Google search shows my church's school, not parish, so I had to choose that. You should allow manual entry of details to fix issues like this.

13 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      0 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing this feedback. We are continuing to work on our Vendor list abilities so that more vendors are available and the right vendors are able to be added to your lists. Right now, you are correct, that we cannot manually add in vendors, but we are listening. We know this is something that could be very helpful in many planning lists, and the team is trying to find the best way to make this work.

We will definitely keep you posted if this comes up in our design road map early in 2017.

XOXO,
                      Keri

• Not able to add all of my Vendors to my Checklist or Budgeter.

From The Knot:

Right now our Checklist/Budgeter is undergoing an amazing transformation. Instead of having 2-3 lists to track we are getting them put into one place so you can easily keep your checklist alive with all your details. Most of the time you are going to find your vendor on our list to add them into the details and check that to-do off your list.

We do know there are some vendors that are not on our list yet. Many times you will find them through our Google search, but there are a few that are not going to…

0 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

From The Knot:

Right now our Checklist/Budgeter is undergoing an amazing transformation. Instead of having 2-3 lists to track we are getting them put into one place so you can easily keep your checklist alive with all your details. Most of the time you are going to find your vendor on our list to add them into the details and check that to-do off your list.

We do know there are some vendors that are not on our list yet. Many times you will find them through our Google search, but there are a few that are not going to come up in either way. We do not have a way for you to manually add these Vendor names – yet. This is definitely something we are looking at for 2017 and we hope to get your feedback – and votes – here in the forum so we can let…

• Couples' Log In

I think that it would be great if there was a way that both my fiance and myself could have separate logins with our own email address, but could collaborate on the same account.

This would be great for the wedding website or themes!

Thanks,
                        Jo

7 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          0 comments  ·  My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We hope to be able to tell you this is coming soon – and soon we will tell you this very thing. Right now one of our amazing product design teams is working on a way we can open the memberships to be collaborative and you could share two logins for one account. We know that although you can share the same login right now that is not always ideal.

Thanks again for sending this over! We are listening and really hope to provide some great news when this is live.

XOXO,
                          Keri

• Filter-sleeves

I would like to view dresses with a filter that allows you to look at sleeve length.

10 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a great suggestion. Our team is looking at the search filters this year to give them some refreshed options and I will be sure to send this along so they are aware it is an extra filter that would be useful.

XOXO,
                            Keri

• Target Registry is not linking to my account

My Target registry is not linking to my account on The Knot or The Bump. Please help!

0 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Right now we are working with Target and their team, as we have found that many registries are not coming over to our system and linking to your individual accounts, as they should have done already.  We are very sorry for the frustration this is causing.  

We are looking at this urgently and hope to have a fix in place no later than the first week of October. Thank you again for your understanding and patience.

XOXO,
                              Keri

• Couple stories-Weddings on a Budget

I love reading the stories of couples and seeing their wedding pictures but do you ever have couple stories from couples on a budget? Always lots of pictures of fancy china and elaborately decorated venues...yes, these are the things we dream about. Our wedding budget is $7,000 and will be 30-40 people. It's a pretty indoor park venue, banquet room decorated with linens, chair covers and sashes. Yet we did lots of DIY. Plus I'm 45. It would be nice to see couple stories from lower budget weddings and maybe throw in some stories that are not your traditional 25…

4 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                0 comments  ·  Real Weddings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reaching out. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. and Thank you for being a representative for so many other couples. Yes, your story is the same as so many other couples. DIY, everyday budget, older (than the 20 somethings) and still wanting to have a grand celebration. We do hear you and see where you are coming from.

We are definitely making an effort to broaden the scope of our diversity on the site in many ways. The diverse nature of our couples from their race to finances to style and much more. Our Marketing team is taking this seriously and we hope that in the future you will see more stories that talk to a couple – just like you.

I encourage you to submit your photos to our Real Weddings section. This is truly where we get a lot…

• Discontinuing Use

Hello,

My fiance and I recently signed up to use your website as a helpful guide to planning our wedding. After going through several of the different guides and tools, we realized that there are no services tailored to an LGBTQ wedding. It is quite unfortunate that you have decided not to include our community in your services. It became most obvious when we were looking at cake toppers and noticed that you do not have a single wedding cake topper for same *** couples.

I will be deleting my account and moving on to a more inclusive service for…

4 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  0 comments  ·  My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are very sorry to see you go. We definitely are continuing to update our site and the features offered to be more inclusive and also give you the option to personalize your wedding website and information for any type of wedding.

We are also working with the vendor that manages TheKnotShop.com for us on their product selections. While you may have found that some of the cake toppers were bride/groom specific, we also offer a wide range of inclusive toppers that are not people related. It sounds like you were looking for two men or two women as the options available, and again, we are working on adding this in the future. A few years back we did have some ‘choose the couple’ types of cake toppers and they just did not sell. We are hoping that when we source a new product it will be something that is…

• Portrait themes/templates for Wedding Websites

It would be great if you could create some templates or "themes" that allow you to use a portrait photo instead of ONLY landscape. I can't even create a website or use my engagement photo bc you only have the option of using landscape photos. Very disappointing! Please fix this right away!

4 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for contacting us!

Unfortunately that is not an option we offer at this time. We have heard similar feedback from other couples. We do plan to add this option in the future.

Enjoy your planning!
                                    XOXO,
                                    Meuy

• Moving / Duplicating / Dragging Pre-made Sub-Sections to a Different Page during Wedding Website Creation

I would like to move the "Things to Do" section with all of it's functionality to a new Wedding Website page I made, "Learn more about the venue," since I don't think it really belongs under "Details" and it is making my "Details" page insanely long, because all of our accommodation suggestions are on that page too.

Along the same lines, this would allow users to be able to duplicate the Things to Do page in order to create a Places to Eat page with the same functionality.

I believe this change was suggested before and was incorrectly marked as…

55 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      12 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I really appreciate you checking on this idea. Yes, we do have the ability to move the sections within each sub-section, but moving the different types of sections to the different tabs is still something our Product team is working on. They know this is something that would help a lot of our members and we are eager to get this free website creator just the way it should be. It just takes time and I really appreciate you bringing them back to the front.

I have sent a note to our Product team to find out when they anticipate this being a live feature and if it is within the next few months, I will keep you posted.

XOXO,
                                      Keri

• Hair Styles for African American Women

Hello,

I think it would be a great idea to post wedding hair styles for African American brides who have natural hair. So many of us wear our hair in its natural state and we would love to have ideas on how we can style our hair on our special day. I have looked through the hairstyles that you have an none of them work for African American women who have natural hair...it sort of makes us feel left out or unimportant as it relates to your target audience.

13 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        1 comment  ·  Real Weddings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for bringing this topic to us. We will be sure our editorial staff sees this request so as they look at the styles and beauty treatments moving forward we can keep this in mind. I will say that some of our models do come from the vendors and manufacturers, but they know our brand should talk to all men and all women and keeping up with each community is key.

Thank you again – I hope that we will start seeing more models in their natural hair soon.

XOXO,
                                        Keri

• Editing font (add underline functionality) within text boxes for descriptions

For wedding website editing/creation, please add the ability to change the font and font size of the text within the text boxes for descriptions. From what I can tell you can only make text bold or italicized and change the alignment. Why isn't underline an option?

I'm not requesting to change the font of headers, sub-headers, overall theme of the website, etc. When you have the text box of a description open it only allows you to bold or italicize your text, so why aren't there more options here like underlining certain points, modifying the font and font size, creating…

26 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          2 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
                                          XO,
                                          Meuy

• Make it easier to navigate your Wedding Website creation and editing site

Make it easier to navigate the editing page by including all of the subsections in the sidebar under "Website Pages".

Right now if I'm editing the Travel subsection and want to start editing the Accommodations section next I have to click back on "Details" on the sidebar then click on "Accommodations".

It would be much easier if all of the subsections were just including in the side bar on the left. At the least, the left sidebar should include a collapsable drop-down of all of the sub-sections under each main page so you can quickly jump to editing different sub-sections.

6 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
                                            XO,
                                            Meuy

← Previous 1 3
                                          • Don't see your idea?

The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Feedback and Knowledge Base