TheKnot.com Ideas + Feedback

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

What's your idea for The Knot?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Wedding Website

I have seen a couple of different times about the photo uploader for the wedding website and I am having the same issue with photos not uploading. I see that this has been a known issue since May of this year and is still not fixed. For those of us brides who have our weddings coming up next year and need to get our websites changed over, this is very inconvenient and is adding extra stress to our wedding planning. What is going on? So far I am not impressed with the website updates.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Yes, this is still in process… change is hard and takes time sometimes, but we haven’t forgotten about this. Photos are being worked on as a current tech project and we hope to start seeing a few improvements in the next 2-4 weeks. We try to provide a great product for our free websites, but sometimes these things just get pushed back so we can tackle bigger issues. But it doesn’t mean it is less important in the long run.

Thanks for your continued patience.
      Keri

• Guest Name for +1 (plus 1)

Add an area to RSVP for guests to add the name of their Plus 1 (+1).

78 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        8 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is something our team is working on. We hope to have many new features in our Guest List Manager pushed out before the end of 2016. Including being able to add your guests +1 names when they RSVP.

XOXO,
        Keri

• Vendor List

Hello,

I love the new "vendor list" feature but am having trouble adding vendors who do not have existing Knot accounts. I believe this is a very strong attribute for The Knot to gain data from bride clients. Whenever I type in a vendor who does not have a Knot account already, it says "Can't find vendor? Google Search". Then when you click on that, it does nothing. Am I missing something, is this still being fixed, or is there a way around this?

Thanks,

68 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          11 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We have heard from a few other members that the vendors not on Google are not able to be added. This is an urgent ask in our Tech department and they are working on getting this added within the next 30-45 days. I know that is a lot of time when you are planning now, but we want to make sure we add it right the first time. We really do want to make sure we are providing what you need and want from our free membership sites.

Enjoy your planning!
          XO,
          Meuy

• Providing Vendors with my email

Hello,
          I used your site to contact three vendors for more information. I am now receiving emails back from several vendors that I did not contact - my personal email is being filled with information from vendors that I am not interested in using. I've heard a lot of great feedback about your site but am very disappointed in this "feature". Very frustrating.

7 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for sending in your feedback. We do have a box, that is often overlooked, that tells the couple we are going to also have 5 other vendors reach out to you. You can opt out of this, but many forget in the hurry of sending in their request for information.

That being said – we are reviewing this process and it will be improved in early January so it isn’t overlooked and you are just hearing from vendors that you choose. Sorry this wasn’t the best experience right now, but we are listening and it will be fixed.

Enjoy your planning!
            Keri

• can you PLEASE make a way to close that little "take our venue quiz" pop-up?

That popup on the venue page is extremely annoying, and won't go away. It is even still showing as I am typing this feedback! Not everyone wants to take the quiz, it shouldn't be forced on us!

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              3 comments  ·  Concierge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sending this feedback over. I have already passed this along to the venue team for them to review if this is intended (if yes, how can we tone it down) and if it is not intended, how can we get it fixed.

Thanks for your patience with us!

XOXO,
              Keri

• It's weird that registry partners automatically give The Knot registry information

I get that it might be convenient for Knot users to have their registries automatically added to The Knot, but it would be really nice if it's something where you very visibly opt-in, rather than having it be a default. It feels invasive and, frankly, a bit creepy.

18 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                4 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We really thank you for taking the time to send this over. All of our registry partners put this information in a different place to let members know they are going to publicly share your information with The Knot. We are working with each partner to make sure this is clear moving forward. We are also looking at how we can make this more private even when it is shared with us so you, as the member, can opt in when you choose.

We hope to see changes in this field later this summer.

XO,
                Keri

• Make theknot.com HTTPS compliant

Make theknot.com HTTPS compliant. It is the standard and an expected level of security for websites these days.

3 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  0 comments  ·  Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reaching out. Most of our site has been updated to be https compliant. If you find a page that is not, feel free to send me an example and I will ask our SEO team to look into this.

XOXO,
                  Keri

• What defines a "party" or "party leader" under the GLM page? Nowhere is it explained.

Please define what is meant by the terms "party" and "party leader" in the GLM. And what does the statement that all +1 invites need to be a party leader. Totally confused.

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for asking this question. I also agree it can be a bit confusing. We are looking forward to actually changing this in our new Guest List update this summer – so I can tell you to watch for that.

But for now, Party Leader is basically the head of household for that group of guests. For example… If you invite Uncle Bob and Aunt Suzi and their two children, then Uncle Bob may be the Party Leader. This way you can sort the list (after you export the list) by the Party Leader to be reminded that he had 4 people in his party. This is helpful when you start looking at sending invitations and doing seating charts.

We hope that in the future we can use Household as our key word and I believe it will make much more sense.

XOXO,
                    Keri

• Location is incorrect in couple search

Reported Issue:
                    Location is not correct for my results in Couple Search

Issue/Bug Status:
                    Our Tech team has prioritized this bug and is working on a solution this week (week of March 13th). We know that the location being different causes many questions from your guests and we really want to get this fixed soon for you. Thank you for your patience. Please go ahead and leave a comment here if you want us to make sure your account is corrected once the fix is in place.

XOXO,
                    Keri

Customer Experience Team

0 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      started  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • [Favorites] I'd like to be able to share my favorites with others.

How in this age of social media is it possible that this website doesn't let you share with friends? And . . . what is the point of letting you search for engagement rings if you can't share them with your fiance?

8 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        0 comments  ·  Favorites + Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Check out WeddingWire.com

About Us. Welcome. Photo Album. Contact Us. Guest Book. RSVP. These are the links currently offered by your competitor, WeddingWire, as shown in the pictured file. I discovered WeddingWire and began building a beautiful free wedding website. Sadly and unfortunately, I forgot to change the reception cards and now must continue to use your boring outdated website since it's printed on the invitations. Not having a guestbook or contact us link, or other features, such as seating chart templates, is a real bummer. Moreover, the designs and options offered on WeddingWire are so much nicer and easier to work with.…

7 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sending your feedback over. The areas you mentioned are being looked at by our Product team. We continue to push improvements, updates, fresh new features to our wedding websites and I hope you will see some of these improvements before your celebration.

Your feedback has already been sent along to our teams. We do want to make sure our members have what they need and we continue to work hard to improve our offerings.

XOXO,
                          Keri

• I Do Foundation - archiving this charity

We're wanted to let you know that the I Do Foundation has officially married JustGive and is taking their last name. As a result, the I Do Foundation charities are no longer available for selection as part of The Knot Gifts Back program and will be removed from any account where it is currently active. If you would still like your registry to support a charity, please select a new organization by visiting The Knot Gifts Back page to edit your selection.

We wish you all the best.

Your Customer Experience Team

0 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Knotties!

We’re wanted to let you know that the I Do Foundation has officially married JustGive.org and is taking their last name. As a result, the I Do Foundation charities are no longer available for selection as part of The Knot Gifts Back program and will be removed from any account where it is currently active (your account is affected). If you would still like your registry to support a charity, please select a new organization by visiting The Knot Gifts Back page to edit your selection.

We wish you all the best.

Your Customer Experience Team

• Ability to add to the Registry, a optional note

Instead of the note listing thats under the box, the bride and groom should be able to add a little note that says if they would like monetary gifts only. Or a box where they can add little message that suggest monetary gifts only with a nice poem, I think that if it was optional where the bride and groom could add a little nice poem or whatever they like to that section it would nice

7 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              0 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

When you do create your registry page through your wedding website with us, it does give you the option to add your own note (email us at newtools@theknot.com if you need us to show you how).

That being said, the cash registry is something we are building right now. We are hoping to get it into testing in 2016 so we can push it out as soon as possible after the new year (or earlier if possible). Until then, many of our members use other cash registry portals and add them as a manual registry on their registry site. Let us know if you want assistance adding a link that you set up for this purpose.

Great feedback and we really are listening!

XOXO,
                              Keri

• More complete registries

I think that if you add a registry manually, guests should be able to see all items in their entirety not just the websites that sponsor the knot. I added restoration hardware today and it just shows up at the bottom like the other ones I have. No one looks at these unless they are tech savvy. the ones that are tech savvy cannot afford to buy us a rug on restoration hardware. I would like for a complete list to be added and new items should be at the top. The logos of the places were we are registered…

10 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                0 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I truly appreciate you sending in this feedback. Right now our partnered retailers do have a contract with The Knot that allows us to show their logo, put their placement above other retailers and link directly to their site items. The manually added registries do not have this connection and yes, it is a bit more daunting for guests to see them as ‘equal’. We continue to work with retailers to ask them to partner with The Knot and we will definitely use this feedback as we continue to offer this to retailers.

If you want all registries to have equal weight, there is a way to unlink everyone and just add the URLs in the registry page. This does not look as clean overall, as there are no logos, but it does put all registries on equal ground. Let us know if you choose to do this (newtools@theknot.com

• My Checklist is missing from the app! - Help!!

Many of our members have seen that their checklist either looks like it is missing or has reverted to an original place where nothing is checked off. So sorry for that! We did find a fix and here is how you can get your list back. Please delete the app from your mobile device and then find it fresh in the App Store. Download it and log back into your account. The original version of your checklist should now be restored. Let us know if you have questions.

Thanks for your patience!
                                XOXO,
                                Keri
                                Customer Experience Manager

0 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Many of our members have seen that their checklist either looks like it is missing or has reverted to an original place where nothing is checked off. So sorry for that! We did find a fix and here is how you can get your list back. Please delete the app from your mobile device and then find it fresh in the App Store. Download it and log back into your account. The original version of your checklist should now be restored. Let us know if you have questions.

Thanks for your patience!
                                  XOXO,
                                  Keri
                                  Customer Experience Manager

• I'm using a DJ that is not on your list, can you please add him?

http://www.jmnightlife.com/

He did one of my friend's weddings and was fantastic and we've booked him for ours. Thanks!

3 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    0 comments  ·  Local Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Be more supportive of "legal paperwork now, ceremony forthcoming" Brides.

I've never seen more vitriolic, self-important Brides anywhere else on the web than here on the Knot, spitting "expertise" at BRIDES who are in fact (for a number of reasons-- military, immigration, health, etc) finishing paperwork prior to the official ceremony. I find it disgusting and shocking that the Knot supports such exclusive, "mean girl attitudes" in a billion dollar industry where MANY brides are now having to do just that-- get the legality squared away before the sentimentality can occur. One such post was pinned at the top of the forum, belittling such necessities as "pretty princess days" as…

19 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I really appreciate you taking time to send over your thoughts and frustrations. While I am not familiar with the exact forum board you are referring to, I do understand that some of our boards are still a work in progress. We have made great strides this year to make sure our members are using the report button when they see things that are inappropriate or something that might violate our terms of service. It sounds like you are describing situations and user replies that might fall into that category.

We are trying to make sure the forum boards are open to all viewpoints, but if it has been pushed too far, please do report the action and we can at least investigate to make sure there are no violations in play.

I do hope you realize that while these are posted on our site through the Community page, The…

• Marking a gift as "fulfilled" when previously noted as "unavailable"

I bought a gift listed on one of your couple's website gift registry as "unavailable" by calling the store listed directly and finding it was NOT available online but was at that point a clearance item and I bought it directly from the store and had it sent. However, there doesn't seem to be a way to notate that on your website so it reads they still need the item when they don't. Is there a way to correct this?

4 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sending in this feedback. Since we are just a holding place for the retailer information, we actually do not have a way to mark this on The Knot/The Bump without the retailer being involved. Some retailers are starting to add a feature to their sites where you can mark a registry item as purchased even when it didn’t go directly through the registry links. Amazon and Walmart are two examples of this. Please send us a quick email at newtools@theknot.com to let me know which retailer you went through and the couple that this was purchased for and we will see if we can get this corrected for you.

XOXO,
                                        Keri

• Name Change Alteration

You need to add changing the name on the title of any vehicles to the list of things to do when changing your name
                                        https://www.theknot.com/content/name-change-101

1 vote
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          0 comments  ·  Blog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great feedback! I am sending this forward to our editorial team so they can review the article.
                                          Enjoy your day!
                                          XO,
                                          Keri

• Update your Tipping cheat sheet!!

Tipping reception Staff and anyone who works your wedding is not optional. It is protocol. This is false info.

When you see this on a contract it is only because catering companies, restaurants, rental companies, florists, planners, etc. do not pay their employees very much money. And they want you to pay the rest for them.

The Knot needs to make it known to people outside of the industry that it is industry protocol to tip all staff. Unless they ruined your day, gratuity is expected. It doesn't have to be a lot, but it needs to be something.

5 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            1 comment  ·  Ideas + Etiquette  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I really appreciate you taking time to send this over. Can you email us at help@theknot.com with the link where you found this reference? I would love to review with our Editorial team and make sure the right information is being displayed.

Thanks!
                                            Keri

← Previous 1
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base