What's your idea for The Knot?

Vendor List

Hello,

I love the new "vendor list" feature but am having trouble adding vendors who do not have existing Knot accounts. I believe this is a very strong attribute for The Knot to gain data from bride clients. Whenever I type in a vendor who does not have a Knot account already, it says "Can't find vendor? Google Search". Then when you click on that, it does nothing. Am I missing something, is this still being fixed, or is there a way around this?

Thanks,

50 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Rachel DoeRachel Doe shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  MeuyAdminMeuy (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We have heard from a few other members that the vendors not on Google are not able to be added. This is an urgent ask in our Tech department and they are working on getting this added within the next 30-45 days. I know that is a lot of time when you are planning now, but we want to make sure we add it right the first time. We really do want to make sure we are providing what you need and want from our free membership sites.

Enjoy your planning!
    XO,
    Meuy

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DinalaDinala commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My vendor comes up if I go to Google.com and search from them but not if I type them in here and select search Google. In fact they are the first results on the page at Google.com

• Katy HunterKaty Hunter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if we could add our own vendors, people that aren't listed. I have a woman doing my makeup but it won't allow me to add her to my vendors list.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In fact, I see that there are numerous complaints about this. I can only conclude that TheKnot doesn't care what users want, since such a basic function is being ignored. I'm going to look elsewhere.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So, it's been 180 days since Meuy posted that it would be 30-45 days. I'm not able to add custom vendors that The Knot can't find on Google. This is making me question whether this app is useful enough for me to use. It's a pretty big issue!

• Amanda DAmanda D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This still is not resolved. A simple text entry only option would suffice. Just to be able to list vendors all in one place regardless of whether they appear on Google.

• WandraWandra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Vendor issue has still not been resolved. Cannot add new vendors. I feel that you should not put the option on the website until the glitch has been corrected. It waste a lot of time trying to figure it out just to find out later that it's the system that not working instead of user error.

• MeganMegan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has this been resolved yet? We are well beyond the 30-45 days. It's frustrating not being able to actually put your vendors in the vendor section. The planning aspect of the website is somewhat obsolete without that capability.

• GINAGINA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I Agree! Self-entry on the vendor list is a must, not just if the are members or a Google storefront.

• BrooklynBrooklyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! I think it would be best to have an option to manually enter information.

For businesses like catering, music & photography many people opt to use a friend of a friend to save money. Many of these businesses don't necessarily have websites and many work from their homes. There definitely needs to be more flexibility with this aspect of the wedding planner!

• AmandaAmanda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I am feeling frustrated with this problem as well. My photographer and my coordinator are not on the Knot's current list and I am unable to add their information. Would love to see this feature fixed soon! Thanks :)

Feedback and Knowledge Base