What's your idea for The Knot?

Have page section location flexibility

"Our Story" section of the Our Wedding page on the Wedding Website can be lengthy. Our Story is nice to know, but it's not the must know part of the page. Please allow us to reorder the sections of the page, and or move a section to another page. If that is too much to ask, please just move the "Our Story" below the "The Wedding" section on the "Our Wedding" page. Thank you!

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Bruce DennisBruce Dennis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  MeuyAdminMeuy (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bruce DennisBruce Dennis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have since discovered that most of what I asked is already available, just not easy to find.
        1. go to theknot.com and login
        2. from the dashboard page go to "wedding website" from left menu
        3. Then on the left menu click the arrow to expand the "website pages" menu then click on "our wedding" in the expanded menu
        4. Each section of the "Our Wedding" page is listed, and each section has 3 hash marks. Mouse over the has marks.
        5. The mouse changes to a 4 arrow directional icon, click and hold the directional icon on the 3 has marks and you can drag a section title down or up
        6. Once the section is dragged to the desired location then release the mouse.

I was able to move the "Our Story" to the last section of the "Our Wedding" page of the wedding website. You can reorder the 4 sections in any order that you like.

Also below the page sections with the 3 hash marks there is a "Add a new section", plus you have the ability to hide sections on a page. However I'm not sure if you hide the "Wedding Party" section on the "Our Wedding" page, and add a new "Wedding Party" section to the details page if the same prebuilt functionality can be used in the newly created section. That would be the last piece that other's have asked for. But my primary issue is already addressed in my bullet points above.

Feedback and Knowledge Base