What's your idea for The Knot?

[Favorites] I'm unable to remove Favorites

With your new design, it seems we can no longer edit (i.e. remove items) our favorites or boards. There is no option to edit on the page, hovering over the thumbnail does not generate an option, and many of the favorites have web addresses that no longer exist.

Please make a more intuitive system for deleting favorite-ed items.

Also, you may already be aware, but your new site does not have full functionality in Chrome. Pages are cut off in the middle, so you can't view a whole board, and can't post any discussions.

Thank you for your attention.

56 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Emily shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminKrista (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

Hi and we’re sorry for the delay. Thank you for sending your feedback though!

You should be able to un-click the heart on the product detail pages to remove Favorites. We are working on an optimized experience for this though. Stay tuned for updates!

And the layout problem you mentioned is also a known issue. It’s being looked into.

Feel free to send over any other feedback/suggestions.

Katie

21 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An issue that has been a problem from two years ago is still not fixed and is very frustrating when trying to plan a wedding. I used to love this app but it's only getting more frustrating. In my favorites I can not remove an archived item that is no longer available on the website and that I no longer want on my favorites list. What do I do to get rid of these so I can narrow down my favorites list correctly. Also, how can I create a new board? Someone asked this over two years ago and it said it was being worked on and it's still not working. Lastly, the guest list manager is very confusing I can no figure out how to erase a guest I accidentally put in there twice. Please help!!!!

I would like to delete some of my favorites but it won't show a heart next to it because the item has been "archived" by the Knot. This is very frustrating when trying to narrow down my searches because it shows items I no longer wish to have. How can I fix this?!

• Sarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have also been having many issues with unfavoriting items. Even though I have unclicked the heart on the vendor page they still show up on the favorites page. This is quite frustrating. Also the labels don't properly appear with the pictures on the favorites page.

• Mitzi Thorpe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm unable to remove vendors that I've marked as "Favorite". For example, I have the Breakers West Country Club in West Palm Beach, FL marked as a "Favorite", when I click on the picture IE attempts to take me to their website but there's an error "This page can’t be displayed".

Then I search for the vendor under "Reception Venues" & when I find what I'm looking for the "Favorited" option is not highlighted so I do not have the option to un-favorite & remove it from my board. This is not the only vendor... I can't remove Eden Roc (Miami), The Biltmore Hotel (Coral Gables), W Miami, The Cruz Building (Miami)...

As others have reported, this is time consuming & frustrating trying to remove these 1 by 1.

• Cameron Hudson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks Krista, but clicking on the items listed in my Favorites almost always takes me to the vendor's own website, not the Knot's product detail page. In order to unfavorite these things, I would have to search for each one individually on the Knot's website in order to find the Knot's product detail page. With >100 unnecessary items favorited, this is a huge burden!

• Patti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also have been "unclicking" the hearts on favorites, but they will not disappear. Even when I click on the venue after it is still in my favorites, it says it is unclicked yet it remains. I am also getting fed up with this ridiculous formatting issue. How is this still happening when it was brought up a year ago?

• Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is over a year later and all of these issues still exist. I am not impressed. This website does not seem to be all that user friendly whatsoever. I was really enjoying the checklist, budgeter, and vendor list. However, if I cannot store and update my ideas for potential vendors in my favorites board I will be severely disappointed. I am also struggling with the personal wedding website as it does not seem to save some of my changes and the guest list is also confusing....not worth it.

• Ali commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having the same issues as Dianna. A large amount of my old links that aren't on the site, and even some that are, aren't loading at all in my favorites. It makes it very difficult to tell what is saved. Plus, when I un-favorite some things, it doesn't work, and I don't even have the ability to remove old links because they seem to be archived. I'm taken to a completely different page for those than the links I originally saved. This site used to be awesome, but not it's just not intuitive any more. Please help! :(

• Dianna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still an ongoing issue, which is disappointing as it's been going on for so long. I want to remove the old links that are no longer on the site (as in, either the companies or their web sites no longer even exist!), but are just there as blank links in my favorites. Very difficult to narrow things down, and I really detest having to go into each favorite individually to un-heart them...when that actually even works. And still waiting on having multiple boards, and don't even get me started on the cluster that is my old inspiration board...this is just the most difficult to navigate web page, which is so sad because I love some of the other features (like the budgeter!) so much...does anyone have suggestions for alternatives? I'm even thinking I'll finally bite the bullet and join Pinterest, just to be able to organize my ideas...would just be nice to have it all in one place. :(

I do not see the "Heart" to unclick on any of the favorites I have saved. I have hovered over, right clicked, gone to the page itself and still can not delete favorites I have added. Any help would be greatly appreciated

• Amy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many of the items that I've tried to un-favorite are still showing up in my favorites folder. Also, it seems like it would be helpful to have a delete or edit button so that I don't have to go to each individual page to un-favorite something. Hope this issue is going to be resolved soon. I see that it's almost been a year since the initial problem commented on.

• Holly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't see a heart next to my favorites at all. I've tried compatibility view settings, using different browsers, etc and can't remove vendors that I no longer need. Please help! This is not productive.

• Jake Beth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is also an issue when the product has been archived and is no longer available. Why rollout a half-baked favoriting/album system? It's really confusing.

• Dee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Emily is right. There is no button to unfavorite an item. It's very frustrating, and I want to delete the whole board, but there is no way to edit anything. You have a great website idea but there so many things to fix... very frustrated bride.

• Denise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's August 2015 and it seems the problem mentioned from March is still a problem. I can't edit anything either and I don't want to have to email in and have someone manually update my favorites all the time - that's a huge hassle. Weddingwire.com doesn't have this issue so I'm using them to help with my wedding organization and favorites boards.

• Zemar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Continuing on Emily's idea. I tried clicking the favorite heart again to remove an item and its not working. some items seem stuck there. im trying to slim down to ideas i dont need anymore and this is making it counterproductive for me. Please fix this! and the thing with the inspiration boards too. i have that problem as well.

i noticed you replied to Emily on March 2015. It is now late July. Please, please get this resolved. I love your website but this issue is frustrating.

• leslie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I got married in 2009, and a lot of my favorites are from 2007-2008... Now, I'm getting married for the second time and all my favorites are still listed, but I get a 404 when I click on them, they are no longer in your system but I still get the thumbnail. Is there anyway for someone on your end to physically remove them for me? I have 98 things there that I no longer want to see...

Thank you.

• AdminKrista (Admin, The Knot) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you are able to unclude the heart or are having issues removing old favorites, we can help by manually updating your favorites.

Hi Emily! Are there specific favorites you would like removed?

Thanks so much!

Krista

• Emily commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hope this issue will be improved soon, because what I've just realized while trying your suggestion of un-clicking the heart on the product detail page, is that anything that I "favorited" before the website change is not "clicked" on the product detail page. So essentially, it's impossible to remove favorites that existed before the site change, because they show as "un-clicked" already on the detail page.

Also, there is the issue that many older favorites have web addresses that no longer exist, and therefore could not be removed in this way even if they were showing as "clicked".

Thank you for your attention.

• Ashley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also having the same issue. Clicking on the favorite button does nothing.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base