- To get started, go to your Wedding Website Dashboard.
- Click on "Settings". Then click on the link "Personalize your website by purchasing a custom website URL".
- Search for a domain you'd like to use and we'll let you know if it's available and if not, we'll suggest similar domains.
- Once you've found the domain you'd like to use, select "continue" and then enter your credit card information.
1. I chose a free address but I want to upgrade to a personal domain now! Can I still purchase one?
Yes, you can upgrade anytime. From your dashboard, click “Settings” and click on the Personalize your website by purchasing a custom website URL link.
2. What can I do with my personal domain?
Share all your details regarding your wedding with your personal domain – tell your story, upload pictures, give wedding details, link to your registries, email your personal domain to friends and family, share it on your Twitter or Facebook, or even include it on your save the dates and invitations.
3. How much does a personal domain cost?
Each personal domain costs $19.99 per year. (This is a non-refundable amount and even if you quickly change your mind after purchase, we cannot refund the purchase price.)
**All purchases are final. We now offer the ability to purchase for 1-5 years, so check it twice before checking out as we are not able to refund any accidental purchases.**
4. What do I get when I purchase a personal domain for my wedding website?
When you purchase a domain through us, we'll take care of all of the technical details for you. Don't worry, YOU own your domain. We'll handle the purchase, domain registration and set up process. There are no fees past the initial $19.99 purchase fee.
5. Can I have more than one personal domain link to my wedding website?
No, each wedding website can only have one personal domain at a time. If there's a problem with your domain, please contact Customer Service.
6. I've already sent my free wedding website address to my friends and family. If I buy a personal domain, will that link still work?
Yes, your free URL will continue to point your guests to your new purchased domain. No worries!
7. I searched for a domain, but the domain name I want is taken! Is there any way to get it?
Sorry! If the search says it's already registered, then it's not available. Try searching for another domain.
8: I already own a domain that I'd like to use with my personal wedding website. Can you set that up for me?
If you registered your domain through a third party registrar such as GoDaddy or Register.com, you'll need to set up domain name forwarding through your registrar. To do so, you will need to contact or log into your registrar's domain management tool to redirect your own domain to your Personal wedding website free address. You can find your website's free address at the top of the “Settings” page.
Please note: When a domain is purchased from another wedding website host, we won't be able to mask the customized domain name, but we do allow for domain redirect. Unfortunately we cannot advise on domain support as each registrar instructions are different. For most, you will need to change the settings with the domain you own to land on the Knot URL that your guests will see when viewing your page.
See example below:
You would direct your domain to: https://www.theknot.com/us/jeff-and-donna-Dec-2020
9. The domain I registered isn't the one I want! Can I get my money back?
Sorry, we are unable to give refunds once a domain has been registered. If you have any problems with your domain and want to remove it, or you want to purchase another one, please contact Customer Service.
10. I spelled something wrong while registering my domain, or I want to change my domain for any reason after purchase. What can I do?
If you have spelled the domain incorrectly or would like to choose a new one we can “park" the domain and email our IT Department to unlink the domain from your account. Once the domain is unlinked, you can then purchase the new domain. Please be advised that we will not issue a refund for the domain you had originally purchased.
If you wish to unlink your domain, please contact Customer Service and advise if you want us to “park" the domain.
Renewing a personal domain
1. How do I renew my domain? From your dashboard, click “Settings” and click on the Renew link to renew your domain for another year.
2. Do these domains renew automatically after the first year? Will I ever be charged again without my consent? Domains purchased for your wedding website will not renew automatically. We will give you warning before it expires and you'll have plenty of time to renew! We will never charge your card without your consent.
3. How much does it cost to renew? How long do renewals last? The cost of renewing your domain is the same as your initial purchase: $19.99 per year. Renewals last at least one year.
(This is a non-refundable amount and even if you quickly change your mind after purchase, we cannot refund the purchase price.)
4. I accidentally let my domain expire! What will happen to my wedding website? If your domain expires, your wedding website will revert back to its original free address. You won't lose any information and your wedding website will remain intact. You can see the address of your wedding website on the “Settings” page.