The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Custom option for wedding party

On wedding website, create a custom option for wedding party. I have a dog of honor, best dog and puppy person (they walk the dogs) as well as officiant. So if there was a custom option that would be great

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Got toaster from another site how do I take it off Rinder registry

How do you take off item bought else where if your stores don’t have or can’t it!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Wedding Website is not working

When guests try to search for our wedding website on theknot.com or by using the website URL, the error message "Oops!
    We're having trouble finding that page" is displayed. This is the ONLY method my guests can RSVP and access wedding information. I need this fixed ASAP! If I had known this was going to be an ongoing issue, I would have gone with a different planning website altogether!

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Unreliable wedding website

My wedding invites are OUT AND GUESTS CANT ACCESS MY WEBSITE!! Says oops page cannot be found since WEDNESDAY OR THURSDAY!!!

This is very upsetting.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Wedding Website "Page Not Found"

We JUST sent out our Save the Dates and we're already getting feedback from guests that they can't access our site! I tried to view it myself and I can't access it either. I saw so many posts in forums warning against using The Knot for their wedding website and I am beyond disappointed that they were right.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Guest cannot access my wedding website erroe

My guest gets a " Oops! We're having trouble finding that page" error whenever they try to access my website. Its soo close to my wedding and this cannot be happening now.

Please fix it.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Links to Events to RSVP?

I'd love to send a private link to the people just in the rehearsal dinner for them to RSVP to. I don't want to leave it open to everyone...

Is this possible?

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. banner picture

why do the couple's names and the date of the wedding automatically populate in only center alignment on the site banner picture without the option to 'hide' them-- an option found on almost every other section of the site?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Provide separate RSVP titles for other event RSVP. Other event RSVPs should not state Wedding above the form.

When clicking an RSVP button for “other event” (whatever it may be) the new page should state the tile of the evnt and not Wedding. Also there should be a way to collect, contacts into other events and not just Wedding. It’s confusing for all guests.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Wedding Website URL Expiration

There are some nice wedding website URLs using my fiancé's last name, Brown, but unfortunately, many are taken. More frustrating is the fact that many of the funny/cute ones are attached to weddings that were 1200 days ago.
    I think it would be nice if they could be used by other couples in the future.
    Thank you

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Your Customer Experience Team

11. Provide the ability to respond to guest book comments on the website, not through a personal email.

I would like to reply with a note to the people that post on the wedding guestbook, NOT via email. Some of them might be asking questions and sending best wishes, and instead of replying through email, it would be nice to reply right there, so other guests that might be having the same questions, can ready through.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!

XOXO,

12. Please make custom website urls HTTPS COMPLIANT

The last post about this is from 2017 and the follow-up comments in the last 2 years have not been responded to. Please make the custom URLs HTTPS! We have paid extra to customize the URL and it literally costs nothing to add HTTPS. (I added it to my personal work website for free!)

Please advise!

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

13. The Guest

Under the "Photos" option on my wedding website, I would like a link to download the app "The Guest", along with my hashtag for my wedding.

This would be lovely to provide this reminder, if anything, to the top of the photos website page to better promote.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add a spot for The Guest so guests can learn about it and direct link to your event

I added my wedding to The Guest but had to steal the Travel & Transportation section to post the link and Event Name to my site. Unless I am missing something?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We really appreciate this feedback. The Guest team is eager to find more ways so you can connect your guests with your event code. Your notes here will help as they continue to look at ways to make this a smooth connection.

xoxo,
    Customer Experience

15. choice

It would be great if the Meal Choices (Optional) could be a free form field. We don't have meal choices, but we will have multiple shuttles. I wish I could enter in Shuttle Time for a title and list the options. This way we have a better understanding of how many shuttles and when. It's a pretty simple back-end change.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make RSVP customisable please

Please allow us to edit the "do you have any additional notes" at point of RSVP - I feel that it is really vague and not helpful.
    I specifically want to know about dietary requirements, but many guests may not think to include that there if not prompted.
    Some others may want to use it for a different question, or delete it altogether. Please let us customise it..
    I would love to use theknot for our wedding website but this is the one thing holding me back.

78 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!

17. Option for no cover photo

Hi there, I am wondering if it is possible for any of these templates to be formatted such that no cover photo is required.
    Thanks!

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

18. Instagram Update - Hashtag Albums No Longer Working

On December 11, 2018, Instagram will stop auto-importing photos into Wedding Websites. You'll still be able to upload your Instagram photos directly to your site. If you created an album with a hashtag, it will instead appear as a link for guests to view your photos on Instagram.

We are very sorry for if this causes issue on how your website is already set up. Unfortunately, we were just informed that Instagram is making this change on their side and we do not have a way to work around this.

If you are still looking for a way to gather…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Limited Options to Customize Website

These are issues/problems I feel should be addressed, preferably sooner than later:

1. Ability to actually customize our website like you advertise, because as of right now, the only real option for customization is to whether to show or hide pages/sections. What would truly make the website customizable is allowing us to decide/change where sections, pages, information, etc. is on the website navigation, and how it is displayed on the page. (Like separate "Home" and "Wedding" pages, as opposed to making the "Home" page show all of the details; AND on the "Guest Accommodations" page, I wish I could show…

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

20. Rearrange Photo Album Order

Please PLEASE make the option available to rearrange photo albums once they are uploaded. I spent so much time arranging photos in the three albums that I uploaded so that they were order of preference. The first album I did was our engagement photos and then I uploaded two more so now our engagement photo album is last and I would really love for that to be first. I don't want to delete it and have to redo everything again. If we can rearrange photos in the albums, why can we rearrange the actual albums? Please address this as I…

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base