The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

What's your idea for The Knot?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The Website was so easy to navigate before you updated the site.

The update is horrible, it is so different to sort by meal, sort by first or last name. Not user friendly at all. Bring back the old website immediately! It was so great when we first started planning our wedding and having it change just prior to our wedding made it very difficult to get final counts....

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      2 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
      XOXO,
      Meuy

• Get a better website builder

Your website builder is the worst I have seen. Whenever you want to add a new section, if you accidentally click outside of the window that pops up where you add the new information, the window disappears and so does all of the information that you entered in. That makes no sense and hasn't been an issue on any stock website builders for years. It is such a waste of time and terrible frustrating.

5 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
        XOXO,
        Meuy

• Guestbook Application

I would like to manage the #hashtag album through the knot application. Since the Guestbook application has been deleted there is no way to do this anymore

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
          XOXO,
          Meuy

• Add dropdown menu personalization

I love that you can hide or show or even add any pages to your website under "Manage Pages." However, I wish you could somehow personalize the dropdown menu that automatically is pulled down when you scroll over any page link at the top. For example, I have a registry page on my website and I wish it had no dropdown menu. I have a specific note that I want all my visitors to read at the top of the page, but nobody sees that because they don't click on "Registry." Instead hey scroll over "Registry" and see that there's…

6 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
            XOXO,
            Meuy

• Subtle moving graphic/compatibility with all common devices

I saw that other websites or emails have moving images and graphics. Would it be possible for future wedding websites to have moving images compatible from any smartphone or laptop? (i.e a plane flying across the page for a destination website when you first enter the site, simple twinkles for some the New Years weddings. It doesn’t have to be cheesy, just subtle and VERY simple. Not so flashy it gives people a headache or distracting. There are so many wonderful ideas and possibilities. When guests open up the website, it’s something unique that they may not have seen with…

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
              XOXO,
              Meuy

• Links for Wedding Venue & Reception

No matter how many times I attempt to add the link to my venue under "Wedding Details" it will not work in a way that displays nicely (off to the left on the bottom, throwing off whole page). Additionally I see that "Google Maps" is connected to my ceremony & reception locations, but I'd like for the guests to be able to actually click on it to open up "maps" for directions from their locations. I know I've seen this on other wedding websites, so know it's possible.

7 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Photos showing as white boxes

Currently reported bug on wedding websites: Photo preview squares showing as white boxes instead of photo previews.

We are aware that for some accounts the photo albums are coming up and only showing white boxes, rather than a preview of the photo. I am very sorry this is affecting your account. Our Tech team is working on this urgently and we hope to see a solution early this week. We have seen that if you refresh the page/URL a few times it may start showing the pictures as expected. We know this is not ideal, and not all of your…

0 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Guest email update through RSVP section

I like that guests can enter their email when RSVP-ing and get reminders. It would be even better if I can see who selected the option for a reminder and also have their email populate in the Guest entry in the Guest List Manager.

5 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    3 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Additional photos added to website

Under the Wedding section on the website, it would be nice to be able to upload more than one more photo (1 for ceremony, 1 for reception). And an option for a photo of a map. Is this possible?

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
                      XOXO,
                      Meuy

• RSVP

I would like to see The Knot implement an automatic cut off option for the RSVP. Once the date has been set that option would work wonders. It will also encourage the guests to confirm attendance within the allotted time. Another reason, most if not all weddings require a head count for the services being requested for that day. A disclaimer should also be added as well.

16 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
                        XOXO,
                        Meuy

• Email sent from the website

I like that we can send an email to our guest list however it's really hard to know that the email has actually been sent! A confirmation page would be great!

7 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Would it be possible to add an additional wedding website theme to your page from Zazzle?

Would it be possible to add an additional wedding website theme to your page from Zazzle?

I found the perfect wedding invitations from Zazzle, and I would love to have this as my theme for my wedding website on theknot. With the marsala, navy, and gold theme being very popular fall colors, I think this would be an excellent and popular addition to your themes. Here is the link to the invitation!

https://www.zazzle.com/burgundy_red_marsala_floral_chic_fall_wedding_card-256466565140879227

Thank you!

3 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
                            XOXO,
                            Meuy

• Change text editing features in the accommodation/transportation modules

The area where you edit the text in the accommodations/transportation modules when creating wedding website has got to be the most frustrating task that I've encountered in all of my wedding planning. You cannot highlight a block of text and delete it easily. Instead you have to put your cursor in front or behind the text and delete/backspace each character which is so time consuming. You cannot highlight certain words and apply the bold/italics format to them. You have to select the bold/italic icon and type the text that you want to be bold/italicized. It also seems like the website…

1 vote
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
                              XOXO,
                              Meuy

• Accommodation details from guest

Along with the food choice during RSVP, I would like to see a required comment section where guest is asked to provide the name of their hotel and the dates of their stay. This would help me organize my destination wedding but would also be useful in distribution of welcome bags, etc.

2 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
                                XOXO,
                                Meuy

• Ability to change the font and spacing in the email when sharing the website

Hi there. It would be nice to be able to change the font and spacing in the email subject box when sharing the website via email.

7 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
                                  XOXO,
                                  Meuy

• Guest List

It would be great if the Guest List Manager could be sorted by RSVP status, so you can see who has RSVPed and who hasn't.

29 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
                                    XOXO,
                                    Meuy

• Wedding Party - "Shared" Members

The website now allows to design custom titles, however, every wedding party member must part of either side of the wedding, but not both. (Ours is a gay wedding, so it has to be either me or my partner, but the same would be for any wedding). Sometimes a wedding party member is a "shared" responsibility or part of both sides of the wedding. The website forces every wedding party member (including, for example, the Officiant) to one side or other of the couple. Our Officiant is the first friend we met mutually, so it should go to "both sides"…

9 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
                                      XOXO,
                                      Meuy

• Add picture sharing to the knot

I think that it would be a great idea to add picture sharing to the knot. This will allow the wedding attendees to share picture directly to the wedding website giving the bride and groom a chance to see the pictures immediately.

5 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
                                        XOXO,
                                        Meuy

• Site settings

We should be able to choose from an actual font size to dictate sizes throughout the customized wedding website – using a slider to adjust the sizes mean that we must guess, and the text looks sloppy, since there's seemingly no way to match up font sizes. I also don't like that capitalization is removed; that should be a choice and not a forced default. I'm putting effort into making this website both attractive and helpful, and the settings in place mean that there are elements that look like errors for those of us wanting something grammatically and stylistically correct.

1 vote
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
                                          XOXO,
                                          Meuy

• Editting the top menu for RSVP

I like the choice to have an RSVP option, but I only want the option to RSVP to a Sunday brunch. When guests go onto my website, I wish the Top menu could say "Brunch RSVP" or be able to change it to that rather than just "RSVP". I am worried my guests will get confused and try to RSVP to the wedding on the website when I prefer for them to mail it in.

1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
                                            XOXO,
                                            Meuy

← Previous 1 3 4
                                          • Don't see your idea?

The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Feedback and Knowledge Base