The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve household grouping

It's great that this website is free. It would just be a lot easier if I could select all the names in a household and click a 'group' button. Similarly, I made a bunch of changes, exported my list so that I could add my fiance's info in the same format and the import list format is different. You should be able to import in the same format as the export.
    Also, when my guests provide their info via link, it adds them as a new guest, so when I delete the guest without the info (to keep track of…

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    6 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

2. Add a "maybe" option for invites

It would be great if we could organize our guest list into "definitely invited" and "maybe invited." Our venue can only fit 130 people, but our guest list is 150 people, so we are planning on sending rolling invitations. I would be great to add everyone all at once to keep track, but section off the people who won't be invited unless others decline. Thanks!

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

3. guest list organization website too

The Android app allows you to categorize/group the guest list. It would be nice if this is option was also available on the website.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

4. Merge Feature for guest list

When you are gathering info from your guests and you want to add it to the existing list. There should be a merge contacts feature so that you don't have to erase duplicates manually.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

5. Allow guest to RSVP with their Mobile number instead of name.

Hi, I would love to use the Knot website to allow my guest to RSVP. Of course I only want the people that are on my guest list to RSVP. But the problem is when guest do not type their name like it is on the guest list they will not be able to RSVP.

I was wondering if "The Knot" can add a feature to where it can verify the guest by phone number? That would make it a lot more accurate and we would not have to worry about misspellings.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

6. adding RSVP function to transport

Would be awesome if you could add the option for guests to confirm whether they will be using the bus provided.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

7. Guest List Organizing

Hey I love the new Guest List, but there are some simple functions that are lacking/annoying.

1. It automatically sorts by 1st name. Coming from a person who use to file for a living this is annoying. I know you can switch if but every time you refresh the page or add a new person you have to re-sort it.

2. When you refresh any columns you had hidden automatically reappear. It can be really annoying when you are checking information.

3. For household can there be an accept all button. That way if everyone in a household accepted you…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

8. Accept/Regret Colors

It would be great for the accept to show as a green background and regret as a different color so as you are scrolling through the guest list I can easily tell that the guest is unable to attend.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

9. I would love to be able to export my bridal shower guest list separate from my wedding guest list.

My maid of honor is throwing my bridal shower for women only and she wants it to be a surprise so she's mailing themed bridal shower invitations to my guests but instead of sending her a exported list of 59 guests I have to send her a list of my total guest count for my wedding.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

10. Address Auto-Fill for Members of Same Household

Collecting and Inputting 250+ people's addresses has become my top stressor in planning my wedding. Here are some ideas on how The Knot can improve their services:
    1) Allow all members of one household to be entered in the same window.
    -Entry can by in the same window. Add a button labeled "add another member to this household" (or something to that effect). When it is pressed, another field can appear available for entry
    -After all members are added and info is saved, these members can be displayed separately in the guest list manager. I believe you already have the…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

11. Guest List Tweaks

I would love it if you could search households when adding guests instead of having to scroll through the whole list to add a new person. It would also be great to have the ability to color-code guests with customizable categories. (e.g. wedding party is pink, out-of-town guests are blue, etc.)

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

12. Printing option for guest list

First of all I LOVE this app and how helpful it's been in organizing my wedding details! My mother-in-law is planning the Rehearsal dinner but she's not as tech Savvy as this app requires. I do also believe that it would save a lot more time as well by having an option to print the guest list out without having to download the entire spreadsheet on Excel and having to work on the cosmetics for it. I hope to see this feature soon! I know it will be very effective! Keep up the great work!

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

13. Guest Manager

The Guest List Manager should allow you to seen when (date and time) as well as how (online vs. manually entered). I'm allowing guests to RSVP online but also provided paper response cards. It is VERY easy on the app to accidentally enter a response when trying to scroll down the list. I don't have any way to double check if that person RSVP-ed on their own or if I accidentally entered an RSVP when I scrolled.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

14. Date of RSVP

The guest list should indicate the date of RSVP, or should provide an option to organize the list by date of response. Under the current format, while there is a talley of responses, it is impossible to tell WHO the most recent response is from.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

15. allows meal options to be ordered in a specific way

I would love to be able to choose the order meal options are listed. For example, I am offering a chicken finger kids meal option but I don't want that to be listed first and make it seems like I'm having chicken fingers as the first option at my wedding. Also, it would be great if the drop downs were wider because i listed all food options as a lot of people have allergies and i would love if they could see it all before selecting.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

16. Children Guests

Add some way to differentiate guests that are children (checkbox?)

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Ciera responded

Enjoy your planning!

17. [Guest List Manager] I want to export my guest list with only the accepted guests on it.

I am attempting to export our accepted guest list but it keeps exporting
    our entire guest list instead....ideas? Thoughts? Help please! I need to be
    able to email just those attending.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Guest List Manager Capabilities (like the old version)

I am attempting to export my guest list for the calligrapher, but it seems to be exporting the list as individuals. In other words, the individuals that should be grouped together as one party, are being separated. If I attempt to sort the list according to the Party Leader's Last name, it doesn't help because a number of parties have the same last name. So even though all the "Smith's" are together, the individuals are scrambled amongst different parties with that last name. I then attempted to sort the "Smith's" according to the Party Leader's First Name, to see if…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I really appreciate you taking time to send in this feedback and to list the experiences you have had. In moving to our new technology, some of our functionalities were delayed. We are still looking at updating the Guest List Manager as we move into 2016. I will say those things you aren’t finding right now were not being used by most of the members using the tool, and this is why they were not in the priority list.

It is good to hear you would like more of this to be in the new version and we are listening.

Stay tuned and we will both see how these updates over the next few months land.

Keri

19. Guest List Manager Settings

Right now, I have to set that I want to see guests displayed in Households, and that I want the names displayed A-Z by Last Name EVERY TIME I login. This is really clunky. There needs to be a way to set these choices and have them saved.

Also, there needs to be a way to print out a certain event's list of guests.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

20. Guest Manager is cool, but could be awesome.

Your guest list manager (the new version) is already pretty good, but there are a few things that could make it amazing:

1. When I imported my guests with addresses (so that they'd group together easily), everything went well for parties of 2. However, any household over 2 people had the 3rd-Nth guests split off into their own household. I could fix things manually after the fact, but that was annoying.

2. You should give the ability to specify more than just plus 1's. For example, I should be able to list the parents I'm inviting, and then specify that…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base