The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adding to app

Add an option for guest to request songs when they rsvp

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

2. "Save the Date" cards should have a place on the guest list to check that you've sent that families card.

You have invitation and thank you but you also send out save the date cards/magnets. There should be a place on the guest list so you can check this item.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

3. Babies on a guest list

It would be great if there were an option for a guest list to mark guests that are under a certain age and you can keep track of every head without needing to budget for meals or seats.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Ciera responded

Enjoy your planning!

4. Allow for flexible "Find my invitation" searching

AFAIK, there are currently two options when allowing guests to RSVP - secure and unsecure.

If I choose unsecure, then if a guest named "Michael Smith" searches for his invitation as "Mike Smith", it will create a new guest.

If I choose secure RSVP, the above scenario would result in the guest being alerted that their invitation couldn't be found.

It would be great if you could "search" for an invitation by simply supplying a last name and allowing the user to select the relevant invitation. I understand there are potential privacy concerns, but it could easily be a configurable…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

5. Larger windows for menu choices

It's really great that you can add additional choices for meal options, however when RSVP'ing the guests can only see about 4 words of the meal description. It would be great if you could either show the whole description on the screen, have it scroll, or at least have it show when the mouse hovers over it.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!

6. RSVP Optional Email

When a guest RSVPs through the website, it looks as if they have to put their email. This may be off-putting for some guests who might not want to provide their email. They don't actually have to put their email, but it is not indicated on the form, so they may stop RSVPing altogether.
    Could you please put an "(optional)" next to the "Email"? This should be just a simple text change for one of your engineers!

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

7. Fix bugs in the online RSVP

The online RSVP has a few holes in it: 1) It only works intermittently on mobile. Some guests just get an error message that their invitation can't be found. But when trying on a computer, it shows up. Customer service has since told us there is no fix to this and no clear reason why some guests can use mobile and others can't. 2) Certain browsers (I've learned by contacting for help) like Microsoft Edge/Windows 10 won't work. This needs to be clearly stated on the online RSVP form somewhere so people know what to expect and how to use…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!

8. Secure RSVP Not Default Setting

I think it is 100% unacceptable that a Secure RSVP (where random, uninvited people can't just type in their information and RSVP to your wedding) isn't the default setting. I discovered this today after sharing a link to my engagement photos on my site and discovering upon my return home at the end of the day that a bunch of new guests- who I hadn't invited, mind you- had RSVPed to my wedding. It took me YouTube videos and Google searches to finally figure out how to turn it off. Absolutely unacceptable that an open RSVP is the DEFAULT setting…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

9. Allow import of CSV

You should allow import of CSVs in the same format that you export. I had imported all guests in before getting their addresses and figured I could re-import them after putting their addresses into my excel doc. Instead, I now have the choice to either manually input all of the addresses I've gathered or delete and reimport the guests who's addresses I've gathered. The first is a lot of work, the second is even more work because I'll then have to re-sort them into households, re-enter their RSVPs, etc. If I could simply export my guest list as a CSV,…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

10. Sort lists consistently

The guest list does not consistently sort the results. For example, sorting a column by 'RSVP' multiple times returns differently ordered results based on UI state. As a corollary, the filter input can update this state as well, returning a new order on change. To resolve this issue, I have found that on every .sort(), first sorting data sets by create time (or any UID) then sorting by the user assigned column fixes this issue.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!

11. Improvements for the guest list

The guest list information is a nightmare. If there is a guest, and that guest's plus one has a known name, and we enter it, those two names should be the only two allowed to be "searched for" and RSVP'd for instead of me having to check and recheck the guest list every time someone RSVPs. It just accepts everyone's RSVP and adds them as new guests instead of going off the list you have already created. Double, no, TRIPLE the work and a lot of frustration. Also, on the website, you cannot see the comments people make to us…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!

12. There needs to be a search bar for guest list

Please include a search bar in the guest management app. If I am trying to look for a specific guest, I do not want to scroll through them all and try to find one. I'd like to be able to type in the name to find it.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

13. A notification when guests with duplicate names are being imported into the guest list.

A "detected" notification for when guests with duplicate names are being imported into the guest list. It took me a while to figured out why 3 guests were missing in the GLM from my csv sheet. Allow guests with duplicate names.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

14. It would be nice to easily see who has RSVP Yes and No (I can only find it on my phone not)as well as separate who is coming to the ceremony

It would be nice to easily see who has RSVP Yes and No (I can only find it on my phone not) as well as separate who is coming to the ceremony vs reception

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

15. Consistency across platforms

Managing my guest list with both the website and the mobile app has been a challenge since some features work differently online and on the app. Example: "+1" vs "Plus One" Grouping house holds and adding multiple people in the app is much more clear than on the web page.

Thanks!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

16. Guest List Manager Personal Notes

Allow the RSVP Personal notes on the website. It's frustrating to only get them via email and very hard to track. Especially since only I have my email linked and not the groom. I almost missed them because I thought these were only notification emails not knowing they were the only place I would see the notes.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Your Customer Experience Team

17. RSVP put the name of the guest on the email

When a RSVP email is sent it would be great to have the guests first name and last name on the email and that is the name they should use when finding their invitation.
    So basically it is like a mail merge and you can add fields to the emails.
    Even better if the RSVP email being sent out could have user defined fields eg {email} {firstname} and those details are taken from the guest manager information.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XO,
    Meuy

18. Add Prefix and suffix fields for Guest List Manager

It would be great to have an additional field before the first name and after the last name to denote any formal headings/suffix for the guest (like Dr. or Honorable). This will be great when using this list to address my own invites, so I don't forget!

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

19. I need your address

There is a website call ineedyouraddress.com It allows you to use a link to your personal wedding page so that people can put in their address and information! It was a life saver when it came to combining addresses! I have suggested it to everyone I know. However, I would have loved to take the list from that website and be able to convert it into a guest list in theknot! Or be able to take the guest from the knot and put it in ineedyouraddress because they will create a PDF so you can print the labels for your…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

20. allow me to add all household guests at once

I know you probably dont have enough incentive to provide keyboard shortcuts (though that would be fantastic...) but PLEASE just make it so i can add all guests at once!

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base