The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Website Editing Issues

I just joined the site and am starting to work on my wedding website. I'm having the following issues and I'm not sure if there are currently fixes in the works or if the site is just temporarily glitchy. Are others having similar issues?

- When I try to add a wedding event (under "Our Wedding") for a date in June, the date on the website shows as May 31st.

- When I try to add pictures in two separate albums (on either the website or app), on my personal wedding webpage the pictures just come up on one page…

96 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    30 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there!

Thank you for reaching out to us and thank you for your patience and we truly appreciate you taking time to send us your feedback, your frustration and your suggestions.

We have a number of Tech related issues on our wedding website and guest list manager right now. These issues are mainly a result of a database transition that, when completed, will make our products more stable and easier to use. We recognize it doesn’t feel that way right now, but we’re fortunately nearing the end of this transition, and our teams are working urgently to make sure all of you are able to properly manager and edit your event information.

While I don’t have an exact date/time for the fixes, we are working on the following:

The Wedding – this section can now only be edited from your main Website Dashboard, not within your Manage Pages (on…

2. Wedding Website Does Not Save Changes

I cannot update my venue location. It keeps saying my wedding is being held in a different country and when I try to change it -- doesn't update it to the new address. I hope this is fixed before guests visit the site.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bugs with saving and dates changing

I am having issues with my venue name and address not saving and our wedding date keeps changing on the site and it will not let me edit. I am really frustrated with all of the issue I have encountered with my site, but it is all ready on all my invitations so I have to keep it...

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Links to Events to RSVP?

I'd love to send a private link to the people just in the rehearsal dinner for them to RSVP to. I don't want to leave it open to everyone...

Is this possible?

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please make custom website urls HTTPS COMPLIANT

The last post about this is from 2017 and the follow-up comments in the last 2 years have not been responded to. Please make the custom URLs HTTPS! We have paid extra to customize the URL and it literally costs nothing to add HTTPS. (I added it to my personal work website for free!)

Please advise!

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Your Customer Experience Team

6. Make RSVP customisable please

Please allow us to edit the "do you have any additional notes" at point of RSVP - I feel that it is really vague and not helpful.
    I specifically want to know about dietary requirements, but many guests may not think to include that there if not prompted.
    Some others may want to use it for a different question, or delete it altogether. Please let us customise it..
    I would love to use theknot for our wedding website but this is the one thing holding me back.

78 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!

7. Provide separate RSVP titles for other event RSVP. Other event RSVPs should not state Wedding above the form.

When clicking an RSVP button for “other event” (whatever it may be) the new page should state the tile of the evnt and not Wedding. Also there should be a way to collect, contacts into other events and not just Wedding. It’s confusing for all guests.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The website does not save changes

Any time I make changes it does not save them. Even after logging out and trying different browsers. Please fix this.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Rearrange Photo Album Order

Please PLEASE make the option available to rearrange photo albums once they are uploaded. I spent so much time arranging photos in the three albums that I uploaded so that they were order of preference. The first album I did was our engagement photos and then I uploaded two more so now our engagement photo album is last and I would really love for that to be first. I don't want to delete it and have to redo everything again. If we can rearrange photos in the albums, why can we rearrange the actual albums? Please address this as I…

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

10. banner picture

why do the couple's names and the date of the wedding automatically populate in only center alignment on the site banner picture without the option to 'hide' them-- an option found on almost every other section of the site?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Registry Not Working

I typed my fiancé’s name and I into the Find a Couple to make sure it was working before sending out our invites. I was then greeted with an error 404 message saying it eloped.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Option for no cover photo

Hi there, I am wondering if it is possible for any of these templates to be formatted such that no cover photo is required.
    Thanks!

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

14. Limited Options to Customize Website

These are issues/problems I feel should be addressed, preferably sooner than later:

1. Ability to actually customize our website like you advertise, because as of right now, the only real option for customization is to whether to show or hide pages/sections. What would truly make the website customizable is allowing us to decide/change where sections, pages, information, etc. is on the website navigation, and how it is displayed on the page. (Like separate "Home" and "Wedding" pages, as opposed to making the "Home" page show all of the details; AND on the "Guest Accommodations" page, I wish I could show…

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

15. Provide the ability to respond to guest book comments on the website, not through a personal email.

I would like to reply with a note to the people that post on the wedding guestbook, NOT via email. Some of them might be asking questions and sending best wishes, and instead of replying through email, it would be nice to reply right there, so other guests that might be having the same questions, can ready through.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!

XOXO,

16. choice

It would be great if the Meal Choices (Optional) could be a free form field. We don't have meal choices, but we will have multiple shuttles. I wish I could enter in Shuttle Time for a title and list the options. This way we have a better understanding of how many shuttles and when. It's a pretty simple back-end change.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. The Guest

Under the "Photos" option on my wedding website, I would like a link to download the app "The Guest", along with my hashtag for my wedding.

This would be lovely to provide this reminder, if anything, to the top of the photos website page to better promote.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Wedding Website URL Expiration

There are some nice wedding website URLs using my fiancé's last name, Brown, but unfortunately, many are taken. More frustrating is the fact that many of the funny/cute ones are attached to weddings that were 1200 days ago.
    I think it would be nice if they could be used by other couples in the future.
    Thank you

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

19. RSVP form, Email Address Optional

Eliminate "email address" from the RSVP form OR state (optional) in the slot. Some guests do not have email addresses and it appears this info has to be filled out in order to find invite.

PLUS, there is no 'privacy policy' info to protect guests when prompted for their personal email address.

Also, guests may want to opt out of what may be an annoying email 'reminder' of a wedding.

125 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    36 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

20. Better quality images for the Photo tab please!

Currently when adding to the Photo Albums, images are auto downsized so much that they appear blurry on the mobile version of our wedding website. Even though I resized the pictures to the optimal size listed, the quality is reduced when uploading to the site. Please do not reduce the pictures to such low quality and optimize better for mobile. If I'm missing something. please let me know. Thank you!

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base