The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

What's your idea for The Knot?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Another Column

I think that on the budgeter you should have 3 columns.

Column 1: The Knot's recommended budget based upon your total budget. This way people can have an idea of where they should be spending money. This column wouldn't change from what you guys already have and I found it super helpful when I was first making my budget because I had no idea of where I wanted my money to go!

Column 2: The user's ideal budget. This is where they hope to be spending that money and it might change as they look around, find deals, decide they…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Budgeter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for taking time to send in this feedback. We have passed this along to our Product Design team that handles the Budgeter as they are always looking for direct feedback on how we can make this product better.

We hope you enjoy your planning!
      Keri

• No place to add Bridal party and contact info for them

Would be nice to list bridal party and email address for them.

12 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Please add back the Guest List Manager summary feature.

Please add back the Guest List Manager summary feature. Being able to view how many bride vs groom parties were there, number of invitations would need to be sent (parties rather than individuals), etc. was very helpful. As of right now, I'd have to go down my wedding guest list and manually count the unique addresses when trying to determine how many invitations, stamps, etc need to be ordered.

81 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          5 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We truly appreciate all the feedback we have been getting on the new Guest List Manager. We know that the old manager had a few more features and we are continuing to work on improving the GLM and the RSVP features on our new site builder. Your feedback is being considered and we truly hope you see some improvements in the next few weeks/months to come. If you have a specific question that we can help you with now, please email our team at help@theknot.com. We are happy to look at your specific account and see if we can help at all.

Thanks everyone – for your patience and understanding.
          Keri

• Pre-nup information

Hello, I have been using the knot for all my wedding planning and I love it. One thing I feel is missing is the (sometimes uncomfortable) topic of pre-nup agreements. In an age where 50% of marriage end in divorce and divorces cost over $20,000, every couple should plan for this event that they hope will never happen. It would be great to add "discuss possibility of prenup" on your checklist and also provide tips on how to bring up this sensitive topic with you fiance, how to go about getting a prenup, the benefits of binding arbitration instead of…

7 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • power tools in registry

Power tools or normal tools at home to be listed in the wedding registry tools. How do you not have any hand or power tools in here? You have 10 different categories for the kitchen. You even have "Kitchen Tools". I realize the person reading this isn't to blame, but this is really really sad. I really hope I missed something, and if I did I hope I get a reply about how awful I am for being so critical.

4 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • What's New on The Knot" section

Have a "What's New on The Knot" section so that we are updated on planned improvements

10 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Customer Service  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • The guest list manager should have more options to export guest list.

It should give options like download list by party, name, gender, etc. Right now when I export it only shows my total list but there are husband/wive that live at the same address so would be sharing an invite. That means I have to go through and manually count the number of households to figure out how many invites I need to order. I think there were options like that on the old version of the website but not the new?

19 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  7 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We truly appreciate all the feedback we have been getting on the new Guest List Manager. We know that the old manager had a few more features and we are continuing to work on improving the GLM and the RSVP features on our new site builder. Your feedback is being considered and we truly hope you see some improvements in the next few weeks/months to come. If you have a specific question that we can help you with now, please email our team at help@theknot.com. We are happy to look at your specific account and see if we can help at all.

Thanks everyone – for your patience and understanding.
                  Keri

• Guest List Manager Capabilities (like the old version)

I am attempting to export my guest list for the calligrapher, but it seems to be exporting the list as individuals. In other words, the individuals that should be grouped together as one party, are being separated. If I attempt to sort the list according to the Party Leader's Last name, it doesn't help because a number of parties have the same last name. So even though all the "Smith's" are together, the individuals are scrambled amongst different parties with that last name. I then attempted to sort the "Smith's" according to the Party Leader's First Name, to see if…

12 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I really appreciate you taking time to send in this feedback and to list the experiences you have had. In moving to our new technology, some of our functionalities were delayed. We are still looking at updating the Guest List Manager as we move into 2016. I will say those things you aren’t finding right now were not being used by most of the members using the tool, and this is why they were not in the priority list.

It is good to hear you would like more of this to be in the new version and we are listening.

Stay tuned and we will both see how these updates over the next few months land.

Keri

• Postage stamps

I decided to use postcard save the dates and got them all ordered - only to realize that USPS only offers one kind of postcard stamp! It might be a good idea to include postage selection and purchasing as a line item on the checklist, around the time that people are ordering the save the dates, so if they opt for custom postage it will be there when things are ready to go in the mail.

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      0 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
                      XO,
                      Meuy

• Link blog or personal website

I would love to have an easier and more aesthetically pleasing way to link my personal blog to our wedding website.

7 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Can you make bullet points when typing in the description text boxes?

When typing information about the hotel accommodations i wish to add bullet points to lay out the different information

9 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a great suggestion and we will be sure to pass it along to our team for review. In the meantime are you able to use * to indicate your different choices? Send us an email at help@theknot.com if you still need someone to look at this with you.

XO,
                          Keri

• [Collaborative Account] Allowing fiance and/or parents to also access wedding website and all planning resources.

From what I can tell, the Knot does not really support a co-planning experience with your fiance. While I am a woman and so know more about the existence of site like the Knot, my fiance is extremely involved in our wedding planning, unlike the "old days," I guess, and it is really annoying that we can't have "couple" knot access. You should allow us to link our accounts so we can share some things, like the checklist and the wedding website, but not all things (like I can hide my groom gift inspiration board from him). Otherwise this feels…

269 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            36 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            under review  ·  Krista P. responded

Hi and thanks so much for writing in! This is great feedback. We’ve heard similar feedback from others. Moving forward we are thinking about designing collaborative account for our couples.

Thanks again!

Krista

• Registers in Canada

Your website has been recommended to me by a number of people and I know it is being used in Canada. I don't know what rules and regulations go with this but nothing like the knot exists. I see that some places have registered with your company here but not all. I highly recommend speaking to major companies such as "Hundson's Bay" to build a Canadian connection and registry.

Thank you

5 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              1 comment  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I really appreciate you taking time to leave your feedback. Right now we are still focused in the US, but we are always looking at opening the areas in Canada our brides need the most. I will make sure our team has your feedback as they continue to plan for the future.

On your registry, however, you can still add any retailer to your list even if they are not on our partnered retailer list. Enjoy your planning!

Keri

• 1 vote
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Edit posts

I will be a guest for a wedding and am looking forward to the event and seeing the venue which looks lovely. However the write up leaves some room for improvement. The grammar, sentence structure and proper word choices need attention if you wish to present a professional appearance. The bride and groom, as well as their families are well educated and I can imagine that they cringed as much as I did! Nonetheless, looking forward to the event!

1 vote
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  planned  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Passcode for select pages, but not all

I want my site to be public, I would like all of our friends to be able to see the general details, photos and other pages that we have created, however I would like to be able to have certain pages require a passcode so that we can post information specific to the event/topic, that only those which we give the code to can see.

Suggested functionality is that in the builder where there is the ability to "hide" a page, give the ability to make the page passcode at that level.

18 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website

experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
                                    XOXO,
                                    Meuy

• Editing Due Dates on Checklist

It would be wonderful if we were able to add items, and also change the due dates on pre-existing items. For example, due to scheduling my bridal showers won't be until a month before my wedding, but the checklist tells me that it needs to be completed a few months before. It's not a huge deal or anything, it would just really improve the tool!

28 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      2 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Our Checklist/Budgeter team is working on the flexibility portion of the Checklist feature. We hope you will continue to see improvements over the next few months as more features, like adjusting dates and adding your own list items, are made available.

Keri

• Suggestion for filter options

It would be really helpful to have color as one of the filter criteria. Many brides are specifically looking for dresses that are NOT white or ivory.

Also, it would be nice to have filters/sorting options for Favorites, allowing for comparison. Thanks!

1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Not of fan of the "contact 5 additional vendors" feature

I have been very careful to make sure I am not checking the box that sends me quotes from "5 similar vendors." Yet, somehow I keep getting messages from vendors I did not wish to speak with. This has happened over and over. I am only one month in to planning and that "feature" is causing me more headache. I am getting bombarded with emails from unwanted vendors. And they are rarely actually "similar" to what I selected anyway. Vendors from outside my location I set, it's truly ridiculous. For brides who really are trying to plan their whole wedding…

1 vote
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          0 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are really close on having this go away and a new portal will be launched so you can more accurately track your interactions with your vendors. We appreciate your feedback and definitely have heard this from others as well.

Be watching in the next few weeks for a big improvement here.

XO,
                                          Keri

• Budgeter

I love the Budgeter but two things:
                                          1) I had to create my own excel spreadsheet based on the Budgeter because some items I was overbudget and other items I was underbudget - so I need to calculate how much in total I was over/under.
                                          2) I think it would be great if you could find local vendors based on the budget. For example, my photographer budget is around $2K so I think it would be great if we could click on Photographers and it would take us to photographers that are within $2K budget.

39 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            2 comments  ·  Budgeter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

These are great suggestions! I have passed them along to our Budgeting team for their review and we hope to see additional features added in our next update. Thanks for taking time to send your feedback.

Keri

• Don't see your idea?

The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Feedback and Knowledge Base