The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Affiliate programs

I love your site and promote it to ANYONE that is even thinking of getting married. i used it myself ten years ago! Still married BTW. Its awesome.

These days with everyone trying to monetize their own sites it would be awesome to direct traffic to the knot from lets say the florist web site I am designing right now.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

2. Add Prefix and suffix fields for Guest List Manager

It would be great to have an additional field before the first name and after the last name to denote any formal headings/suffix for the guest (like Dr. or Honorable). This will be great when using this list to address my own invites, so I don't forget!

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

3. Veteran Charity

Y'all do not have a single charity on your list that supports veterans. Very disappointed that I cannot use this feature to support those who sacrifice life and limb for my freedom.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

5. Make Site more inclusive for men

Hi!

I am a groom and have been using the knot for about 6 months now, and it has been really great. However, I notice that most of the articles, emails I get, and things on the checklist are geared towards the bride. I understand that there is a common idea that men just want to let the women handle things and show up the day of, but there are many men who love to be involved in the process as well (I use the site WAY more than she does). Maybe have two lists for men and women? More…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

7. Already home owners

In today's society many people are living together and buying homes before spending thousands of dollars on weddings. Understanding this is not the traditional way, it's still extremely common. My fiancé and myself already have purchased a home as well as combined our two previous homes so we have 2-3 of everything that most traditional brides may not have and need. Us on the other hand are working on our first home and Lowe's has become our most commonly shopped at store. It would be a great idea for the knot to add an option for couples like myself whose…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

8. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow for flexible "Find my invitation" searching

AFAIK, there are currently two options when allowing guests to RSVP - secure and unsecure.

If I choose unsecure, then if a guest named "Michael Smith" searches for his invitation as "Mike Smith", it will create a new guest.

If I choose secure RSVP, the above scenario would result in the guest being alerted that their invitation couldn't be found.

It would be great if you could "search" for an invitation by simply supplying a last name and allowing the user to select the relevant invitation. I understand there are potential privacy concerns, but it could easily be a configurable…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

10. Vendors- photographers

I contacted a good number of photographers in your website and the majority were higher in price than listed in your website. Quite frustrating to be excited about a photographers work only to realize they're outside of your price range.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Local Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sending in this feedback. We continue to work with our vendors, asking them to provide updated pricing information for their storefronts. Unfortunately, we are beholden to them providing this information. I will make sure our Vendor team is aware that this is a pain point for our couples.

XOXO,
    Keri

11. (Wedding Website)

I'd like the option to make the wedding party another page on the website. The way it is set up now it seems like the first page just gets long with all the scrolling. Also the option to skip to sections on the first page would be nice if my guests want to skip straight to the details

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is definitely already on our radar and our Product team for wedding websites has heard from other members that they would love this ability as well. We hope that in the future it is something we can bring to our sites so you can continue to personalize the pages just the way you want. In the meantime, we hope you are able to find a way to work with the site and pages the way they are formatted so your information can stay complete for your guests.

Enjoy your planning!
    Keri

12. Please update your valid email checker to allow the "+" in the email address, as this is a valid character.

Please update your email validation rules to allow the "+" which is a valid character within email addresses.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

13. Need a way to Change Theme for Links

We need a way to Change Theme for Links — the font and color of hyperlinks.

Ours looks like ComicSans in light blue, with no way to change it...

We are currently using the theme "Written in the Stars" by Hayley Paige, and the Details > Accommodations page is where we needed to put a Link, but the hyperlink's font and color doesn't match our customized theme at all.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add an availability calendar for venues

A searchable availability calendar for brides to use when looking for their perfect venue.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Filters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

15. Disability Inclusive

Articles including tips and ideas for disabled brides and grooms would be incredibly helpful. As someone who is not able bodied, wedding planning has been stressful from can I wear a full length dress, what if I have to use my walker down the aisle, to what if my energy won't last the entire day. I know I can't be the only one. Including disabilities from having Autism, being deaf or blind, along with physical and other mental disabilities would be great.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

16. Please include more of the LGBTQ community

Hello! I love your website/Instagram. It genuinely bothers me that you don't show more LGBTQ marriages, especially trans people. I'm a ******** woman. I want to see more inspiration for my own wedding where a woman is marrying a woman. Or a wedding where someone that might not be "passing" for the gender they identify with is getting married. We can't all have the money for full transitional therapy like Caitlyn Jenner. I also would love to see more handicapped weddings. I think it would mean a lot to a lot of people. Thanks, Davinica

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

17. email acknowledgement of feedback

Provide a copy of any email "Feedback" message sent to The Knot.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Integrate with iNeedYourAddress.com

Please consider integrating with iNeedYourAddress.com by allowing addresses entered into an address list to be pushed to theknot.com.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

19. Budgeter Changes

the new budgeter page makes it difficult to keep track of and sort total budget.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Budgeter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

20. Change the website

I do not like the new website. It looks unfinished and too minimal. Please go back to the old site or update this new one. Also please update your mobile app. I deleted it after 1 month because it did not do anything. In todays society everyone likes to have that access via the phone so I think updating your app would make your website more useful.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base