The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Reviews] I'd like a way for couples to easily write reviews.

will there be a link on the new site for couples to easily write reviews?

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Reviews  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [Navigation] Wedding Cakes should be easier to find in the navigation.

I think wedding cakes and desserts should be easier to find. I was looking for it in the drop downs and didnt see it.I had to go to local vendors...Its a pretty important category not to list.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Destination wedding photo page not working

The link to go to destination wedding photos comes up with 404 and cant find the page. Just a heads up

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Ideas + Etiquette  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. [Local Vendors, Real Weddings] Add Real Weddings to Local Vendor storefronts.

I think each storefront when clicked on, should show links to their real wedding stories that are published. This allows couples to see what real weddings look like from that vendor when landing on their page.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Real Weddings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Krista P. responded

Real weddings now appear on storefronts! If we have photos of a wedding that took place at a certain venue, it will appear on the storefront.

Thanks for the great feedback!

Krista

6. [Vendors] All contact information should follow user down the page.

vendor phone number and address, especially for venues, should be in the call to action box on the right that follows you down the page.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your feedback! We heard this feedback from plenty of brides and decided to add a “phone” link to the call to action box on storefronts that anchors to the contact details on the page to make them easier to access.

Check out an example (https://beta.theknot.com/marketplace/lexoria-wedding-films-new-york-ny-600995) and let us know what you think!

Thanks again for taking the time to send your feedback!

Krista

7. [Checklist] I really liked the tile layout of the planner! It helped to see the timeline in chunks represented with a picture.

Why don't you think about giving the groom a time bar on the bride's website (and vice versa) so they can check in with each other. I don't know but I like it

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. [My Account] I think you should have an icon next to "My Knot".

It kind of blends in too much with the top-level navigation!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Cathy responded

Hi and thank you so much for the feedback! We are taking all great ideas into consideration and prioritizing updates on The Knot Beta.

We recently made a change to this this layout that should make the MY KNOT TOOLS option stand out more so that it will not blend in with the other options listed on the top.

We really appreciate your feedback with this and if you have any more suggestions, please share them with us.

Thanks so much!

Danny

9. Have we considered making the planner carousel on the user dashboard context sensitive for a session. It reverts back to start of carousel.

When I look ahead into planner and find an article and then come back to the dashboard, it reverts back to start of home. Perhaps carousel links should open in a new tab or the carousel should store state within a session?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Can you make it easier to sort wedding ideas?

When I search for things, I'm having a hard time finding what I'm looking for. I'm having a winter wedding and I think seasons should be a category or theme when searching. It's hard to use the site for ideas when every idea seems to be for a summer or spring outdoor wedding.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The Knot Planning Features - Maintenance Outage Planned

To our Couples:

Please note that we have scheduled/required maintenance that will happen on our sites tonight/tomorrow morning. Starting around 12 midnight (10/25) until about 4am, eastern time. We hope that this will continue to push great planning features forward for you and your guests. Thanks for your patience as we get this done as soon as possible.

yours. truly.
    Customer Experience Team

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Website & Guest List Down for Maintenance - 10/18/18 - 1am-4am/EDT

Our Website and Guest List systems are scheduled to be down for maintenance on Oct. 18 from 1am-4am/eastern time. This will help make sure our sites run better in the future. Thanks for your understanding.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - FEEDBACK ON NEW FEATURES

We are rolling out The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner & Registry. It is a very exciting upgrade to our product lines and we really want to hear from you. What do you love about it? What questions do you have? We love hearing from all of our couples and hope you can tell us a bit about how you are enjoying this new upgrade.

xoxo,
    Keri - Customer Experience Manager

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Wedding Paper Divas - UPDATE FROM THE KNOT

Many members received notice that Wedding Paper Divas (WPD) is having a 'going out of business' sale. I wanted to just take a minute to let you know how this is actually working and how it affects the Wedding Website themes on The Knot.

WPD is owned by Shutterfly.com and they are being moved to the main website, instead of being a separate brand. So thankfully, Shutterfly is still going to maintain their product offerings in many ways.

As you know, The Knot has many wedding website themes that match the WPD designs. These are NOT going away from your…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Not able to add all of my Vendors to my Checklist or Budgeter.

From The Knot:

Right now our Checklist/Budgeter is undergoing an amazing transformation. Instead of having 2-3 lists to track we are getting them put into one place so you can easily keep your checklist alive with all your details. Most of the time you are going to find your vendor on our list to add them into the details and check that to-do off your list.

We do know there are some vendors that are not on our list yet. Many times you will find them through our Google search, but there are a few that are not going to…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Old Guest List Managers (prior to 2015) - Last date to get info - 1/1/2017

If you had a guest list manager on our old wedding website admin panel (theknot.com/wedding/ or *.ourwedding.com), then your guest list will only be available to email to you until January 1, 2017. Please email us at newtools@theknot.com if you need this list pulled so you can save the downloaded Excel file for your records.

Our system update in 2015 is now complete and our extra year window has come to an end to pull this information. Thank you for reaching out now if you need to save this information for future use.

Talk soon,
    The Customer Experience Team

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. [Checklist] Transition to the New Wedding Checklist.

Hello Everyone,

As you may have heard we are currently making a transition to an awesome new Checklist. The old version of our Wedding Checklist is one of the last remaining parts of the older version of the site. It’s no longer being actively improved or supported by our development team. Our newest version of the checklist is more interactive and will elevate your entire wedding planning experience on The Knot. It will provide the best experience across TheKnot.com as well as within The Knot's Wedding Planner mobile application. We know you will love it!!

Your old checklist can still…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. [Membership] Why is my information still showing on Google after 30 days from having it removed from the site.

Hello everyone!

We have heard reports that some users are still having their information on Google after 30 days of having their information deleted from their site. We just got word from our team that Google doesn't crawl on sites that are either password protected or have its content removed. If you remove the password protection on your site and leave the content intact then it should be much faster for Google to crawl on your site and remove the information from their search engines.

We understand that many of you put a pin or remove content to protect your…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Cathy responded

Hello,

Thanks for your patience.

We were able to put out a fix for this issue and your names should be displaying correctly on your site.

Thanks,
    Danny

1 2 21 22 23 25 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base