The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Mobile] My Planner App (IOS/Apple) is crashing frequently.

Hello Everyone,

Our Tech team is aware that the Planner-IOS App is crashing frequently, as of 10/19. We are urgently looking at a correction and we trust you will see it back up and running well later today. Once we have any updates we will get back in touch with you.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Danny

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11/23/15 – UPDATE

This weekend we were able to push another update to the Plannier-iOS app. Thanks so much for your patience. You may need to request an update from the AppStore on your mobile device, but please do let us know if you have any feedback as we move forward.

Enjoy your planning!
    Keri

2. RSVP notes not showing in the guest manager

When a guest responds using the guest manager and also adds a note it doesn't save the note anywhere and is only seen in the email.

It would be great if the note was saved in the note section of the guest in the guest manager so everything is in one place rather than having information in emails and guest manager.

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  55 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Help! I can't reset my password - error says 'not included in the list'

So sorry you are not able to reset your password. We are aware that this is an issue on a few of our member accounts. Please send us a quick email at help@theknot.com to let us know you are getting this error and we will make sure the Tech team reviews your account. Right now it looks like we will have a fix in place by early next week.

Thanks for your patience!
    XOXO,
    Keri

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Favorites - not showing up in my account on desktop (or mobile)

Hey Everyone! Our Favorites team is working on fixing the issue with the missing favorites. We were able to restore your favorites to your mobile apps but we are still having some struggles with the desktop version. I promise you are not forgotten. As soon as we have a solution in place, or another update, I will send you all an update.

Thanks for your patience!
    XOXO,
    Keri

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I just received a great update from Tech. The Favorites that were missing on desktop are likely to return to your accounts either today or tomorrow. They are working on migrating the fix over our whole database, and it just takes time to catch everyone. All favorited items from 2015 and forward will be back in your accounts. Please let us know this weekend if you are still not seeing any in your accounts and we will look into that specifically.

You have been so patient and the team truly appreciates this. It took longer to find out why this was broken than we expected. Thank you all.

XOXO,
    Keri

5. Add The Trevor Project to the list of approved charities

The Trevor Project is the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, ********, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) young people ages 13-24.

Please consider adding the Trevor Project during the next review of the charity line up.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Meuy responded

Thank you for reaching out about our program, The Knot Gives Back. We are very excited to be able to offer charity partners to our couples so that all purchases can qualify for a donation being made. Right now we partner with JustGive.org and they provide us with the 100 charities currently offered. We are hoping that in the months to come we will be able to open up this portal to include many more charities, as so many are available and our couples each want one that speaks just to them.We have put your charity on The Knot’s list for future consideration and will reach out if it’s selected to be added.

Thank you!

6. Scroll down RSVP page

I have tried to contact The Knot regarding this issue but have not as yet received a reply. When my guests click RSVP they cannot scroll down to accept all invites for all events. The page does not move. Please help!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

The issues has been reported to our Tech team they are actively working on this issue. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

XOXO,
    Meuy

7. Customer Service - Phone is currently down

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Unfortunately our phones are down. Tech is working urgently to get them fixed. In the meantime please send all of your inquiries to newtools@theknot.com.

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding!

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Customer Service  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding! Our phone has been restored.

8. Is it possible to enter multiple languages for the site

Hello,

We are English/Spanish bilingual. Is there a way to translate or have our site in two languages?

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Our application should support Spanish typing input, so you should be able to type in your native language and have it appear on your wedding website. While most section titles can be edited, there are certain sections that you will not be able to customize (such as RSVP).

Please let us know if there’s anything else we can assist you with.

Enjoy your planning!
    XO,
    Meuy

9. Select the order of how my registries display on my registry page

I would love the ability to decide which registries are displayed first, second, third, etc. on my registry page. I would prefer that my favorite vendors are displayed at the top of the page, and the others go beneath that. I worry that my guests aren't going to see my favorite store's registry because it has automatically fallen to the bottom of the page.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

Unfortunately that is not an option we offer at this time. All registries are automatically displayed in the order of our partnership. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We are always adding new options and hopefully this will be one that will be added in the near future.

10. Adding vendors manually

Hi,

I know it lets you search vendors through Google. But I have a friend who is a planner and does not ave a website. Also, your Google search shows my church's school, not parish, so I had to choose that. You should allow manual entry of details to fix issues like this.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow Guests to upload photos to our site

I saw someone asked this back in July of 2015 and it was marked complete but I still do not see it on the website.

I’d like for my guests to be able to upload photos to an album via desktop or mobile. All they would need to do is go to our wedding website, click the photos tab and upload from there. Then, on our end, we would approve what was allowed to be made public or not. This would stop irrelevant/inappropriate photos from being shown on our site.

It would be nice if our guests did not have…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great news! You can create a shared photo album through The Knot GuestBook App. This is not quite available on our desktop versions, but if you (and your guests) download the app, you will be given a code to share with your guests so they can upload photos to your shared album. You still get other albums that are not shared so you can put what you choose in those buckets.

I know you mentioned it would be great if they didn’t have to upload the app – but this is a work in progress. We are testing out how our members enjoy and are using the app feature so we know how robust to make this feature on desktop in the future.

Thanks for your feedback. I will be sure to forward it along to our product team today for their consideration as well.

XOXO,
    Keri

12. How can I choose a charity/organization that is not listed?

I would like to donate to a Developmental Disabilities County Board. We should be able to nominate a charity.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your inquiry.

Unfortunately we don’t take requests to list specific charities. You will need to choose from our existing list, through our partner, JustGive.org. To learn more, please visit our Charity FAQ; https://www.theknot.com/registry/charity

Hopefully we’ll be able to make some changes to this in the future. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

13. [Guest List] The RSVP section should be more customizable.

We need to be able to customize the RSVPs way more on our wedding websites.

Here are some things I would like to see:
    - Customize the wording of "accept" and "regret" and ability to add more options (e.g. accept happily, regret with sorrow, not sure yet, etc.)
    - Ability to add additional customized parts of the RSVP form, like song requests or advice for the couple, etc.
    - Under no circumstances should people NOT on the guest list be able to RSVP. That's just a basic must-have that should have been implemented from the beginning.

I've read on this…

1,055 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    325 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It is truly like Christmas morning around here. The Secure RSVP feature is now in place for you to use on your wedding website and guest list manager. YAY!!

I know a number of you have events that are already passed – but please cheer along with us. Thanks to your feedback and voting here in our forum, this has been a major priority for 2016 and you made this happen.

For those of you still looking for a way to make your RSVP limited to only those on your guest list, check out this quick instruction video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txh2qwjcKMI

What else is new on the Guest List Manager/RSVP features?

*You can now limit the events each guest can RSVP for when you have them entered in your Guest List manager.

*Guests are now prompted to RSVP in their party leader groups – so families can RSVP at the…

14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Customer Service  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great news! We love hearing from new vendors.

If you’d like to become a local vendor that appears on The Knot website please start by signing up at The Knot for Local Businesses – https://partnerssignup.theknot.com/. This will walk you through the process of getting your business up on the site.

Or you can send us an email at localsales@theknot.com. Tell us a bit about your business, your service area, and how we can contact you (phone and email preferred). We will send you information that fits your local area.

If you have any other questions please let us know.

Have a great day!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

15. Planner App - sending out notifications

So sorry! We are aware the planner app is sending out multiple notifications this morning. Our team is already on this and we will send out a note as soon as this is fixed. We appreciate your patience as we fix this technology (that has a mind of its own some days!).

We will update you soon!
    XO,
    Keri

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to add to the Registry, a optional note

Instead of the note listing thats under the box, the bride and groom should be able to add a little note that says if they would like monetary gifts only. Or a box where they can add little message that suggest monetary gifts only with a nice poem, I think that if it was optional where the bride and groom could add a little nice poem or whatever they like to that section it would nice

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In our Wedding Websites you can share a note on your Registry page. We also have the new cash registry, Newlywed Fund, that will allow you to tell your guests exactly why you are asking for each item. ENJOY!

xoxo,
    Keri

17. Editing font (add underline functionality) within text boxes for descriptions

For wedding website editing/creation, please add the ability to change the font and font size of the text within the text boxes for descriptions. From what I can tell you can only make text bold or italicized and change the alignment. Why isn't underline an option?

I'm not requesting to change the font of headers, sub-headers, overall theme of the website, etc. When you have the text box of a description open it only allows you to bold or italicize your text, so why aren't there more options here like underlining certain points, modifying the font and font size, creating…

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I have three different meal options. It would be nice if I could filter out each option for my food count. I have to manually go through and

I have three different meal options. It would be nice if I could filter out each option for my food count. I have to manually go through and count. Not sure why I took the time to put that information in.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for contacting us!

We have heard similar feedback from other couples. We do plan to add this option in the future.

Enjoy your planning!
    XO,
    Meuy

19. Website landing on 404 error page - HELP!

We are finding that some members find their active website landing on a 404 error page - so sorry! Our Tech team is actively working on finding the solution for this issue. Please send us an email at newtools@theknot.com if this is affecting your site and we will be sure to update you as soon as the fix is in place for your site.

XOXO,
    Keri

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Online Chat

Things would be so much easier if there was 24 hour chat. I hate the fact that I have to send an email, and then wait who knows how long to get something accomplished. I planned on my whole day to get my wedding website and registry set up. Now I am not doing that, and I am going to have to wait to be sending out my invites until everything is et up. This if very frustrating.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    42 comments  ·  Customer Service  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base