The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Online RSVP Issue

Hi there!

Thank you so much for checking in.

We are in the process of making some new enhancements to our RSVP & Guest List Manager. We are aware there are a few kinks to work out as this rolls out by the end of April. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience while we work through these changes. We definitely appreciate any feedback that we can pass along to our product team. I do apologize for any inconvenience and hope to have updates very soon!

If you don't mind, please help us track down the root cause of this…

391 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    planned  ·  98 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Guest List | Household splitting into individuals

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are currently experiencing some issues with our household splitting into individuals after our latest App update. Our Tech team is working urgently to find a resolution. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

For now, I would recommend updating your guest list from a desktop, until we see a fix on the App.

Once the issue is resolved, we will notify you via email.

XOXO
    Your Customer Experience Team

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a spot for The Guest so guests can learn about it and direct link to your event

I added my wedding to The Guest but had to steal the Travel & Transportation section to post the link and Event Name to my site. Unless I am missing something?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We really appreciate this feedback. The Guest team is eager to find more ways so you can connect your guests with your event code. Your notes here will help as they continue to look at ways to make this a smooth connection.

xoxo,
    Customer Experience

4. On the desktop version VS Mobile App

For some reason I cant add my guests to groups on the desktop its only available through the mobile version. Also, on the mobile I have to input everyone all over? seems silly

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Right now, this is how the system is set up. Our mobile app is moving forward and testing out different advancements so we know what will work and get that added to desktop in the future. I know it is frustrating, but we appreciate your patience as we make sure our product is working for all couples.

xoxo,
    Keri

5. Add Canadian Vendors

When I search in vendors, it gives me all US Vendors. I am in Canada. In Victoria, BC to be exact. When I click to search venders there, it comes up with Vendors in Ontario? So frustrating because I want to use your wedding planner, but I can't if certain features don't work. I'm hoping maybe this is a simple fix?

Thank you

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

6. Changes to the Budgeter

It's been stated already, but I would like to second the idea of being able to add categories that need budgets. There are several things that I will be spending money on that aren't included in this budget.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Budgeter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I really appreciate you sending this over. We are looking at the Budgeter and Checklist this year – intensely – to make sure we can give you what you need in these tools. It will take a bit more time, but I will be sure the team knows this is still a very needed addition. Feel free to let us know what types of things you are adding to your budgeter on your own that we don’t include in the list already.

xoxo,
    Keri

7. Conscience protection

My suggestion would be concerning the knot's promotion of LGBTQ+ values for June. I found it to be problematic for my wedding pages, since I am a conscientious objector to such a promotion.

Let me just say that yes, we absolutely must treat every person with dignity and courtesy, regardless of their orientation, feelings, state in life, etc. The personal dignity and happiness of each unique individual is, however, best honored and safeguarded by the traditional teaching on marriage, and this is both a philosophically probative and religiously binding conviction. LGBTQ+ agendas do not stop at asking that such individuals…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Customer Service  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for getting in touch about this! It is feedback we’ve heard before and have plans to address the language issue.

We do want to be inclusive and make all of our users happy! We are continually making improvements and really appreciate you taking the time to send your feedback!

I will be in touch with updates!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

8. Moving / Duplicating / Dragging Pre-made Sub-Sections to a Different Page during Wedding Website Creation

I would like to move the "Things to Do" section with all of it's functionality to a new Wedding Website page I made, "Learn more about the venue," since I don't think it really belongs under "Details" and it is making my "Details" page insanely long, because all of our accommodation suggestions are on that page too.

Along the same lines, this would allow users to be able to duplicate the Things to Do page in order to create a Places to Eat page with the same functionality.

I believe this change was suggested before and was incorrectly marked as…

99 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  19 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Couples' Log In

I think that it would be great if there was a way that both my fiance and myself could have separate logins with our own email address, but could collaborate on the same account.

This would be great for the wedding website or themes!

Thanks,
    Jo

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We hope to be able to tell you this is coming soon – and soon we will tell you this very thing. Right now one of our amazing product design teams is working on a way we can open the memberships to be collaborative and you could share two logins for one account. We know that although you can share the same login right now that is not always ideal.

Thanks again for sending this over! We are listening and really hope to provide some great news when this is live.

XOXO,
    Keri

10. Ability to respond to RSVP notes from guests

When guests RSVP, they also send beautiful notes, but there is no way to respond to those. Please add that feature

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are so glad you are seeing the notes coming in from your guests. Right now there is not an automatic way to reply, but we do look forward to adding this in the future. Since we assume most couples have a way to contact their guests, you can use the SHARE feature in your website builder to send them an email, but if you do not have their email address then this would not work yet. This is the part we will be working on for a future update.

Enjoy your planning!
    Keri

11. Hair Styles for African American Women

Hello,

I think it would be a great idea to post wedding hair styles for African American brides who have natural hair. So many of us wear our hair in its natural state and we would love to have ideas on how we can style our hair on our special day. I have looked through the hairstyles that you have an none of them work for African American women who have natural hair...it sort of makes us feel left out or unimportant as it relates to your target audience.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Real Weddings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for bringing this topic to us. We will be sure our editorial staff sees this request so as they look at the styles and beauty treatments moving forward we can keep this in mind. I will say that some of our models do come from the vendors and manufacturers, but they know our brand should talk to all men and all women and keeping up with each community is key.

Thank you again – I hope that we will start seeing more models in their natural hair soon.

XOXO,
    Keri

12. Couple stories-Weddings on a Budget

I love reading the stories of couples and seeing their wedding pictures but do you ever have couple stories from couples on a budget? Always lots of pictures of fancy china and elaborately decorated venues...yes, these are the things we dream about. Our wedding budget is $7,000 and will be 30-40 people. It's a pretty indoor park venue, banquet room decorated with linens, chair covers and sashes. Yet we did lots of DIY. Plus I'm 45. It would be nice to see couple stories from lower budget weddings and maybe throw in some stories that are not your traditional 25…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Real Weddings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reaching out. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. and Thank you for being a representative for so many other couples. Yes, your story is the same as so many other couples. DIY, everyday budget, older (than the 20 somethings) and still wanting to have a grand celebration. We do hear you and see where you are coming from.

We are definitely making an effort to broaden the scope of our diversity on the site in many ways. The diverse nature of our couples from their race to finances to style and much more. Our Marketing team is taking this seriously and we hope that in the future you will see more stories that talk to a couple – just like you.

I encourage you to submit your photos to our Real Weddings section. This is truly where we get a lot…

13. Printable

I would like the checklist to be printable. :) It would be able to sit down with my bridesmaids and detail out who is doing what when.
    Thanks

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a great idea and we are very close to making this much more accessible for you. Right now you can print the checklist like you would print any webpage, using the print feature on your browser.

Enjoy your planning!
    XO,
    Keri

14. Target Registry is not linking to my account

My Target registry is not linking to my account on The Knot or The Bump. Please help!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Right now we are working with Target and their team, as we have found that many registries are not coming over to our system and linking to your individual accounts, as they should have done already.  We are very sorry for the frustration this is causing.  

We are looking at this urgently and hope to have a fix in place no later than the first week of October. Thank you again for your understanding and patience.

XOXO,
    Keri

15. Offer different date formats

Please could you give an option in settings for changing the format of your wedding date. For example the only option currently is to have it as August 29, 2016, however as I'm British I would like to show it the English way: 29 August 2016.
    Please could you add this feature?
    Thanks!

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  8 comments  ·  Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. The guest list manager should have more options to export guest list.

It should give options like download list by party, name, gender, etc. Right now when I export it only shows my total list but there are husband/wive that live at the same address so would be sharing an invite. That means I have to go through and manually count the number of households to figure out how many invites I need to order. I think there were options like that on the old version of the website but not the new?

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We truly appreciate all the feedback we have been getting on the new Guest List Manager. We know that the old manager had a few more features and we are continuing to work on improving the GLM and the RSVP features on our new site builder. Your feedback is being considered and we truly hope you see some improvements in the next few weeks/months to come. If you have a specific question that we can help you with now, please email our team at help@theknot.com. We are happy to look at your specific account and see if we can help at all.

Thanks everyone – for your patience and understanding.
    Keri

17. [Favorites + Boards] I want to be share my boards.

Be able to share a board with someone

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Favorites + Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Krista P. responded

Thanks for the feedback on boards! We will definitely be adding this feature in the future.

Krista

18. [Favorites] I want to favorite images that come in search results.

Why can't I like photos I come across in search???

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Favorites + Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for the feedback!

We are working on a solution that will allow brides to favorite images in more places across the site. Depending on what we learn about how brides engage with the Favorite button on images, will we start to add it in new places.

Thanks again and look out for updates and improvements!

Krista

19. Find a couples registry

Not all “save the date” cards have the the couples last name. Please allow someone to look them up using only their first names.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You are right – many times the couple doesn’t include all of their information. We are hoping to improve our couple’s search in the next few months and I will be sure to pass along this idea to our Development team. I will say that when looking just for first names, even if you have the date, there is going to be a lot of duplicates. We definitely want to make sure that our guests are finding the right couple the first time. We tend to assume that if you are invited to a wedding, the guest will know the last name of at least one member of the couple, but again, we will definitely revisit this logic when refreshing our search feature.

xoxo,
    Keri

20. Better guest count filters for venue search.

When I try to search for venues for 51-100 people, I get results for 51+, up to 300+. Because this the selection option is a radio button, it seems like I'm only searching in the selected range but based on the results, that isn't the case.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Filters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base