The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Expired Personalized Domain

There is an issue when renewing personalized domains. The site gets stuck on the purchase page. Any card I used I'd get an error stating that payment didn't process. This has caused big issues with the personalized domain already being sent to guests and printed on invites.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. PLEASE ALLOW CUSTOM HTML / CSS / GRAPHICS!!! YOUR PREMADE WEBSITE THEMES ARE NOT EVEN CLOSE TO WHAT PEOPLE EXPECT FOR WEDDING DESIGNS.

The ability to add custom CSS to our website. I paid extra for the custom domain, but still can't add custom CSS or graphics. Most of your themes are not very professional at all and not a single one of them reflects the elegance or design people look for in a wedding design. (Sorry to be harsh) But at the very least, allowing custom css and graphics would be a MASSIVE improvement. Just adding photos to any of the designs you offer is still very messy and unprofessional at best. I emailed weeks ago asking if I could submit some…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Being able to make the seating chart as guests rsvp

Wanting to make seating chart for guests as they rsvp. Other wedding websites offer that feature and it’s very handy

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. do not allow venues to hide negative reviews

Unfortunately, I had to leave a negative review for the Riviera Waterfront in Massapequa and it is not showing on the site. It is unconscionable for reviews to be hidden by venue. It should be honest and unfiltered.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. budgeter assignments

It would be helpful to be able to assign different budget items to knot users within my account, such as assigning the venue budget item to a parent and the wedding dress budget item to myself. This would give a much better breakdown of who is responsible for which portions of the wedding.

Possibly an easier way to do this is allow users to download budgeter data into a spreadsheet so they can add assignments themselves.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Budgeter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Create an HTML editor on the templates

The templates are so clunky. I can't do anything I want to do - it appears so differently when you preview it on the front-end. Please add an HTML editor and give people a little flexibility.

Also, for the design I chose, the placement of the homepage photo looks so weird on mobile. :(

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please add the ability to add intro text to the RSVP page

I would like the ability to add intro text to the RSVP page. I have a very important notice I want to put there and the only option was to add an announcement site-wide. Seems crazy this basic piece wouldn't be there.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to allow guests to add free form text (i.e. Favorite Memory of Couple)

I would love to include a "favorite memory" page where guests can submit free text to let us know what favorite memory with my partner and I. This could be either public on the website of private for only the couple to see.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Cropping and editing photos in a gallery DOES NOT WORK

I'm not able to edit the aspect ratio or the cropping on ANY photos. I edit and then it does not save!! Very dissappointed.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The external partners for registeries' registeries are not updating

I removed items from the registry on the outside site but they are still there on the knot registery?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Assignment Help

Hi, I am David Willy and I have been a part time academic researcher at myassignmenthelpau.com. We have both full time and part time professionals working onboard to help students across universities attain Assignment Help. We offer reliable and cost effective academic services for multiple assignments, such as dissertations, case study and more.

Visit us:
    https://www.myassignmenthelpau.com/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Guests in a "family" should be able to RSVP for themselves

Guests listed as part of a family should be able to RSVP for themselves without having to fill out all of the information for their family... All of my siblings are part of the same "family" (so that I can keep everything organized), but in order for them to RSVP to any of my events, they have to know if everyone else in the family can or cannot attend. I wish they could submit their response even if some of the other family members' RSVPs are blank.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow for font color change on wedding website

I am really bothered that I cannot change the font color of the links on our wedding website. Some of them blend in with the background - "RSVP" and "Home" are impossible to see on our website and RSVP is clearly an important link to show. Even simply allowing for black or white links would help to fix this problem but I don't see why other colors cannot be included.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. More flexible checklists for better usability

Please provide a way to edit default categories of checklist items as well as a way to filter by category to make planning easier. This will be the only reason I don't use The Knot for planning

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Your Customer Experience Team

16. Embed Map

It would be appreciated if there was a 'code block' option so I could embed a custom google map with locations relevant to our wedding.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

17. Wedding Party Page - Format of Members

I was disappointed to see that you no longer allow wedding party members to be formatted so the bridesmaids and groomsmen are listed next to each other. I have many bridesmaids and groomsmen and now their pictures and bios are so long. You have to scroll down to see them all. I would prefer if I can have my maid of honor next to the best man, have bridesmaids line up with groomsmen.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

18. Update “points for your videographer”

https://www.theknot.com/content/wedding-videography-contract-checklist

I’ve been wondering why so many of my clients are asking for RAW footage from my wedding video business. Finally one of them pointed me to this article. I’ve talked with several people in the wedding videography/photography business and no one I’ve talked to gives RAW’s as a part of the package. If the client does want them (which we feel violates our artistic vision that we were hired to have) then we would charge and exorbitant price. I’d suggest removing that portion from your checklist as it seems to be causing issues between the videographer and the client.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We really do appreciate the feedback as it is timely and valuable. Our Editorial team has received your comments and are working on how we can better update articles and provide more timely direction in our future communications.

XOXO,

19. Cooper Stallion Media - Response From The Knot Worldwide

Copper Stallion Media is a videography company that was hired by Justin Montney and Alexis-Athena Wyatt for their wedding. Due to his fiance’s death, Justin Montney has requested that Copper Stallion Media refund to him the money that he paid Copper Stallion Media as a deposit for services for their wedding ceremony. It recently became known to us that the Copper Stallion Media account on The Knot and WeddingWire was created under a false identity. This violates our Terms of Use. As soon as we became aware, we took immediate action and removed Copper Stallion Media from our marketplaces on…

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please bring back 'frozen' headers feature on website

The Knot used to have an amazing wedding website feature, where even if you scrolled to the bottom on the page, the headers for your different website sections would still appear at the top of them page. I do not understand why you removed this feature with your 2020 product release, can you please, please bring this feature back?

This was such a great feature! Please consider bringing this back!

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!

XOXO,

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base