The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Wedding Website is not working

When guests try to search for our wedding website on theknot.com or by using the website URL, the error message "Oops!
    We're having trouble finding that page" is displayed. This is the ONLY method my guests can RSVP and access wedding information. I need this fixed ASAP! If I had known this was going to be an ongoing issue, I would have gone with a different planning website altogether!

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    9 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for contacting us!

I am seeing that this has been fixed/updated already. Please make sure to clear your cache and cookies before attempting to access your wedding website.

We do recommend using either Google Chrome or Firefox to make any edits to your account. Please disable all pop up blockers. Also, make sure that your browser is updated to its most current version.

If you’re still encountering an error please email Customer Experience Team at Help@theknot.com

XOXO
    Your Customer Experience Team

2. Unreliable wedding website

My wedding invites are OUT AND GUESTS CANT ACCESS MY WEBSITE!! Says oops page cannot be found since WEDNESDAY OR THURSDAY!!!

This is very upsetting.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am seeing that this has been fixed/updated already. Please make sure to clear your cache and cookies before attempting to access your wedding website.

We do recommend using either Google Chrome or Firefox to make any edits to your account. Please disable all pop up blockers. Also, make sure that your browser is updated to its most current version.

If you’re still encountering an error please email Customer Experience Team at Help@theknot.com

XOXO

3. Wedding Website "Page Not Found"

We JUST sent out our Save the Dates and we're already getting feedback from guests that they can't access our site! I tried to view it myself and I can't access it either. I saw so many posts in forums warning against using The Knot for their wedding website and I am beyond disappointed that they were right.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

XOXO

4. Guest cannot access my wedding website erroe

My guest gets a " Oops! We're having trouble finding that page" error whenever they try to access my website. Its soo close to my wedding and this cannot be happening now.

Please fix it.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

XOXO

5. can not make the web site

I have been trying to create a website and the website won't work.

Congrats! You’ve created your wedding website....but the botton "set my URL" is never work

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Thank you for your patience!

Our Tech team just deployed a fixed about an hour ago. You should be able to create your wedding website from a desktop. Our mobile team is still investigating the issue with our App. For now, please proceed with creating your wedding website from a desktop using the following recommended browsers. 

Before you log in again can you please clear cache and cookies and restart your browser. We do recommend using either Google Chrome or Firefox when accessing your wedding website and to make any edits to your account. Please disable all pop up blockers. Also, make sure that your browser is updated to its most current version. If you are finding you are still having issues accessing or editing your Membership Features, please try an Incognito Window within Chrome.

XOXO

6. Link to website broken in The Knot's couple search feature

When we type in the URL for our website into our search engine, we are able to access our website just fine. When we search "the knot kyle baldwin hannah kraus" on Google, we can access the link to our website just fine. HOWEVER, when we try to search our website through The Knot's couple search database, we are given a 404 error message saying that the page has eloped. It appears that it is just the link to our website in The Knot's couple search that is broken, not the website itself. What would the issue be for this?

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you so much for your patience!

Tech has given us the all clear; you should be able to access your wedding website via our couple search tool. Your guests should be able to access your wedding website as well. We really appreciate your patience while they worked through that.

XOXO

7. Wedding Details editing not working

Cannot edit the details for the Wedding Event Information or Ceremony and Reception sub-items. Every time I try to save a change nothing happens. Also, the ceremony and reception venues keep getting switched when trying to edit and then auto changing the overall event detail when I didn't want it to, but even so can't save any of it anyway, clicking "Save" does nothing

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    25 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there!

In order to continue to offer the best product to our users, we have made some changes to the way you can edit your wedding website. We apologize for the temporary inconvenience, but hope you’ll find the new formatting easy and useful.

Previously, you may have used the options listed on the left side of your page to locate and edit the various sections and tabs of your website. Moving forward, you can now make all of those changes directly from the Wedding Website dashboard. You no longer need to go into separate sections of the dashboard. Yay!

Simply locate the page topic you’d like to edit on the main dashboard page (Registry, Our Wedding, Accommodations, etc…), and click on the section of interest. You should see the editing option appear on the right side of your page.

Please take some time to explore our new changes and…

8. RSVP reminder text doesn’t work

Having an issue. The RSVP reminder text is not working. It hasn’t sent a single text out (I entered myself as a guest so I could see when they were being texted). Not one text has gone out, half my guest list hasn’t responded and I set the deadline for today.

Guess I have to manually text 60+ people now?

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there!

Thank you so much for reaching out!

We are in the process of making some new enhancements to our RSVP & Guest List Manager. We are aware there are a few kinks to work out. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience while we work through these changes. We definitely appreciate any feedback that we can pass along to our product team. I do apologize for any inconvenience and hope to have updates very soon!

If you don’t mind, please help us track down the root cause of this issue by emailing us the following details (see below).

Please email this portion to Help@theknot.com, so we can send your feedback to our Tech team, as they continue to investigate the current issue.

1.Confirm that you have the latest version of the app
    2.Mobile Device; iOS or Android? (i.e. iPhone6 or Samsung GS7)
    3.What was your Deadline Date?…

9. NOTHING WORKS

Can't even contact support because the "Contact Support" link on this page doesn't even work. Can't remove or add anyone on the guest list. Anyone else having these issues too? TheKnot Support Team, can you fix this ASAP?

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

We are so sorry that you were having issues with your changes in your guest list not saving. This issue has now been fixed, so you can continue to make edits.

Please make sure to clear your cache and cookies before attempting to access your wedding website. We do recommend using either Google Chrome or Firefox to make any edits to your account. Please disable all pop up blockers. Also, make sure that your browser is updated to its most current version.

If you’re still encountering an error please email us at help@theknot.com.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

10. custom URL shows redirect to: http://guest-api.guestservices.theknot.com/us

Customs URL just redirects you to the following URL: http://guest-api.guestservices.theknot.com/us/...............

Should the custom URL you pay for not be visible at all times as your navigate the webpage?

Custom URL also seem to cause issue with the RSVP function.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. More Gender inclusive

The Knot is a great tool--lots of details and having it electronic is very helpful. It is very heterosexual focused. There are wedding website templates with same *** couples, but when you get to other tools such as planning your timeline or day of events, it's all about "bridesmaids" and "groomsmen". I would work to be more aware of gendering people, especially in a wedding setting where everything is very gendered. For example, rather than "bride" or "groom" you could also include "spouse" as an option. Instead of "bridal party" it could be "wedding party".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reviews  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We definitely hear what you are saying. We hear this from Dad’s on The Bump as well, and we are actively looking at how we can adjust our systems in the future so that gender and role are taken into more consideration in the planning process for weddings and babies. Thanks for your patience while we work on this.

I hope you are still able to find a great amount of applicable information on the site in the meantime.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

12. Wedding Website Manager Not Working - Need to make time sensitive changes!

I keep trying to edit the accommodations section of my wedding website to add a link to my hotel room block and update my guests. The program will not save the changes. This is time sensitive and I already emailed the help line and have gotten no response. The phone line is down and a message says it will not be functioning for several days. Please respond ASAP!!! The customer service on TheKnot is severely lacking, to the point where I am considering closing my account and switching to a different company.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    52 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there!

Ohhh I am so glad to get to share some great news with you today. Our Tech team just confirmed that a fix was deployed this afternoon to fix the editing issue we are having with the Accommodations section of the wedding website admin. You should be able to add, edit and remove items in your accommodations and have these changes stick. We are so very sorry this took so long to get resolved, but you have been so patient – and we really appreciate you!

Please do let us know if you still notice any edits that are not saving and we will revisit this on your account.

XOXO,

13. I was disappointed to see that the wedding party options on your website creation page don’t allow you to create your own roles

We should be allowed to create our own wedding party roles instead of using the prepopulated option. Can you include a blank field? These are traditional roles and very gendered!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for submitting your idea! The wedding party title option is changeable if an option is not in the drop down window. All you have to do is remove the current title and type in a new title.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO

14. All of my vendors are not listed on here

None of the vendors I have hired are listed on this website. I would like to be able to add vendors, or request a vendor to put their information on the website. Super frusterating that I keep getting asked to add vendors, and yet there is no way to add who I want to add.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great news! We love hearing about other vendors.

If you’d like your vendor to become a local vendor that appears on The Knot website please ask them to sign up at The Knot for Local Businesses – https://partnerssignup.theknot.com/. The link will walk your vendor through the process of getting their business up on the site.

Or they can send us an email at theknotprohelp@theknot.com. Tell us a bit about the business, service area, and how we can contact them (phone and email preferred). A local sales rep will be contacting the vendor within 24-48 business hours.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

15. Bed Bath & Beyond is not updating

Hi there!

We’re sorry for the issues you’re having with your Bed Bath & Beyond registry. Our Tech team is aware of this issue, and they are currently working with the retailer to get it fixed as quickly as possible. We will reach out to you once we get the all clear from our Tech team. We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your patience.

Please email us at Help@theknot.com if you have any additional questions or issues regarding your account.

XOXO

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

We are happy to let you know that the issue with your Bed Bath & Beyond registry has been fixed. The individual items on your registry should be showing as expected now.

If you continue to have issues with this registry displaying correctly, please refresh your browser. By clearing cache and deleting cookies, you can ensure your browser is pulling in the most up to date details.

Also please make sure that your privacy setting is set to share with Third Party such as The Knot. If not, you will need to make that adjustment and wait 72 hours for our system to auto sync.

Let us know if you have any additional issues or questions. Thanks again for your continued patience!

XOXO

16. 24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Tech has given us the all clear; you should be able to see your Newlywed Fund within your wedding website. Your guests should be able to access your registry as well. We really appreciate your patience while they worked through that.

Before you reattempt to access your wedding website registry page, we do recommend using either Google Chrome or Firefox. Please clear cache and cookies and restart your browser and disable all pop up blockers. Also, make sure that your browser is updated to its most current version.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

XOXO

17. Make App available for International Users

Make App available for International Users

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are so sorry our App is not available in countries outside of the USA and Canada. You are still able to create and access our features through desktop. As an alternative, you have some options with one of our international partners.

Mexico – bodas.com.mx
    Chile/Argentina – matrimonios.cl
    Brasil – casamentos.com.br
    Colombia – matrimonio.com.co
    Peru – matrimonio.com.pe
    Uruguay – casamiento.com.uy
    France – mariages.net
    Italy – matrimonio.com
    UK – weddingwire.co.uk
    Portugal – casamentos.pt
    Spain/Asia – bodas.net

Let us know if you have questions. Thanks for your understanding.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

18. Domain Purchase | Error Processing Request

Hello,

We really appreciate you checking in. We are experiencing some issues with our site, which is affecting the ability to purchase a customized domain name; we do apologize for the inconvenience. The Tech team is working urgently to find the cause and solution.

We really appreciate your patience and understanding. We will notify you via email once the issue is resolved.

XOXO

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Tech has given us the all clear; you should be able to access your wedding website dashboard and continue with your domain purchase or renewal. We really appreciate your patience while they worked through that.

Before you log in again can you please clear cache and cookies and restart your browser. We do recommend using either Google Chrome or Firefox to make any edits to your account. Please disable all pop up blockers. Also, make sure that your browser is updated to its most current version.

Have a great day!

XOXO

19. Wedding website redirecting to ‘We’re sorry, but something went wrong”

Hello,

We really appreciate you checking in. We are experiencing some issues with our site, which is affecting our couples Wedding Website; we do apologize for the inconvenience. Our Tech team is working on this urgently and we look forward to updating you all very soon with the all clear notice. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

XOXO

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Tech has given us the all clear; you and your guests should be able to access your wedding website. We really appreciate your patience while they worked through that.

We do recommend using either Google Chrome or Firefox and make sure that your browser is updated to its most current version.

If you’re still encountering an error please let us know. Our email address is Help@theknot.com

XOXO

20. How can I make it so the "Honeymoon Fund" shows up at the top of my registry list for guests. I'm worried people won't see it!

How can I make it so the "Honeymoon Fund" shows up at the top of my registry list for guests. I'm worried people won't see it!

It does show up at the top on my end of the site, but when I view the "guest" or front-facing version of the site, it shows up at the bottom.

I think it makes more sense to have it at the top, as it's displayed on the back-end version for me.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there!

Unfortunately that is not an option we offer at this time. All registries are automatically displayed in the order of our partnership. Since Theknot.com owns the Newlywed/Cash Fund, it will always be displayed after our partner retailers. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We are always adding new options and hopefully this will be one that will be added in the near future.

However you can organize your items in a custom order on your wish list, by updating your Registry Settings: https://www.theknot.com/registry/manage/settings
    Please note; before moving forward with the options below. You have to have a wedding website with us. Otherwise you won’t be able to sort your gifts.

Steps below:
    1. Log into your membership www.theknot.com
    2. Once you’re logged in Click on this link: https://www.theknot.com/registry/manage/settings
    3. Scroll down to Your Gifts under ‘Gift Sort Order’ select ‘Arrange gifts in my preferred…

← Previous 1 3 4 5 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base