The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

What's your idea for The Knot?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I need a place to consolidate all of my notes. I was hoping that I could save notes for categories you already have, e.g. cake, music, etc

Make the checklist more customizable with space for notes within each category...
    So I can consolidate all of my notes into one place.
    Wouldn't you like The Knot to be that place?????

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
      XOXO,
      Meuy

• Would like to see option to import checklist due dates into Google calendar...

Along the lines of one poster-with an interactive calendar app, it may be useful to have an option to import directly into an existing platform, if possible. I use Google calendar/gmail for everything, so this would be a nice addition.

8 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
        XOXO,
        Meuy

• Moving / Duplicating / Dragging Pre-made Sub-Sections to a Different Page during Wedding Website Creation

I would like to move the "Things to Do" section with all of it's functionality to a new Wedding Website page I made, "Learn more about the venue," since I don't think it really belongs under "Details" and it is making my "Details" page insanely long, because all of our accommodation suggestions are on that page too.

Along the same lines, this would allow users to be able to duplicate the Things to Do page in order to create a Places to Eat page with the same functionality.

I believe this change was suggested before and was incorrectly marked as…

55 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          12 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I really appreciate you checking on this idea. Yes, we do have the ability to move the sections within each sub-section, but moving the different types of sections to the different tabs is still something our Product team is working on. They know this is something that would help a lot of our members and we are eager to get this free website creator just the way it should be. It just takes time and I really appreciate you bringing them back to the front.

I have sent a note to our Product team to find out when they anticipate this being a live feature and if it is within the next few months, I will keep you posted.

XOXO,
          Keri

• Mobile friendly

I think some reconfiguration would really benefit your users. I don't see a mobile friendly link that adjusts your site to fit a smaller screen. I'm having to scroll sideways to be able to see all the content that is posted. I love the stuff you have available but I'm getting frustrated with not being able to see it all in the same frame.

4 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
            XO,
            Meuy

• Hair Styles for African American Women

Hello,

I think it would be a great idea to post wedding hair styles for African American brides who have natural hair. So many of us wear our hair in its natural state and we would love to have ideas on how we can style our hair on our special day. I have looked through the hairstyles that you have an none of them work for African American women who have natural hair...it sort of makes us feel left out or unimportant as it relates to your target audience.

13 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              1 comment  ·  Real Weddings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for bringing this topic to us. We will be sure our editorial staff sees this request so as they look at the styles and beauty treatments moving forward we can keep this in mind. I will say that some of our models do come from the vendors and manufacturers, but they know our brand should talk to all men and all women and keeping up with each community is key.

Thank you again – I hope that we will start seeing more models in their natural hair soon.

XOXO,
              Keri

• More complete registries

I think that if you add a registry manually, guests should be able to see all items in their entirety not just the websites that sponsor the knot. I added restoration hardware today and it just shows up at the bottom like the other ones I have. No one looks at these unless they are tech savvy. the ones that are tech savvy cannot afford to buy us a rug on restoration hardware. I would like for a complete list to be added and new items should be at the top. The logos of the places were we are registered…

10 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I truly appreciate you sending in this feedback. Right now our partnered retailers do have a contract with The Knot that allows us to show their logo, put their placement above other retailers and link directly to their site items. The manually added registries do not have this connection and yes, it is a bit more daunting for guests to see them as ‘equal’. We continue to work with retailers to ask them to partner with The Knot and we will definitely use this feedback as we continue to offer this to retailers.

If you want all registries to have equal weight, there is a way to unlink everyone and just add the URLs in the registry page. This does not look as clean overall, as there are no logos, but it does put all registries on equal ground. Let us know if you choose to do this (newtools@theknot.com

• Please add keyboard shortcuts when entering guest information

It is hard to manually enter a lot of guests' information because the interface is very reliant on mouse clicks, when it would be pretty easy to make it more keyboard friendly.

When entering a new guest, the window should auto focus on the First Name text box so you can start typing immediately, you should be able to fill out/select every option using Tab, arrow keys, and space bar. You should be able to add a new guest (same party or different party) without having to touch the mouse. This would make it a lot easier to keep up…

6 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We really appreciate you taking time to send in this feedback and suggestion. I have already forwarded this on to our Guest List team for their review. They continue to work on updates and improvements for this tool and hopefully this will make it into our road map in the near future.

Enjoy the rest of your planning!
                  XOXO,
                  Keri

• Marking a gift as "fulfilled" when previously noted as "unavailable"

I bought a gift listed on one of your couple's website gift registry as "unavailable" by calling the store listed directly and finding it was NOT available online but was at that point a clearance item and I bought it directly from the store and had it sent. However, there doesn't seem to be a way to notate that on your website so it reads they still need the item when they don't. Is there a way to correct this?

4 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for sending in this feedback. Since we are just a holding place for the retailer information, we actually do not have a way to mark this on The Knot/The Bump without the retailer being involved. Some retailers are starting to add a feature to their sites where you can mark a registry item as purchased even when it didn’t go directly through the registry links. Amazon and Walmart are two examples of this. Please send us a quick email at newtools@theknot.com to let me know which retailer you went through and the couple that this was purchased for and we will see if we can get this corrected for you.

XOXO,
                    Keri

• Inspiration board

I used your site to plan my first wedding, and on your old site, there was something that was called an inspiration board or something of the likes. Anyways, what it did was call out all the major elements of the wedding, such as the dress, the bouquet, bridesmaid bouquets, ect. For each category it let you pick one photo to keep there as your ultimate inspiration photo for that element. At the time I found this function EXTREMELY helpful to ensure everything was coordinated, and easily keep track of exactly what I had picked for each piece of my…

4 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      1 comment  ·  Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
                      XO,
                      Meuy

• RSVP

I'd like to see another RSVP option for site admins to add choices to the section. For example, if a guest wants beer instead of wine or vice versa, they can choose it in the RSVP and furthermore, it gives the site admin an idea of how much of what to get. Same thing with food. If someone chooses vegetarian over meat, I'd like to see that option.

24 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        3 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
                        XO,
                        Meuy

• Editing font (add underline functionality) within text boxes for descriptions

For wedding website editing/creation, please add the ability to change the font and font size of the text within the text boxes for descriptions. From what I can tell you can only make text bold or italicized and change the alignment. Why isn't underline an option?

I'm not requesting to change the font of headers, sub-headers, overall theme of the website, etc. When you have the text box of a description open it only allows you to bold or italicize your text, so why aren't there more options here like underlining certain points, modifying the font and font size, creating…

26 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          2 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
                          XO,
                          Meuy

• Make it easier to navigate your Wedding Website creation and editing site

Make it easier to navigate the editing page by including all of the subsections in the sidebar under "Website Pages".

Right now if I'm editing the Travel subsection and want to start editing the Accommodations section next I have to click back on "Details" on the sidebar then click on "Accommodations".

It would be much easier if all of the subsections were just including in the side bar on the left. At the least, the left sidebar should include a collapsable drop-down of all of the sub-sections under each main page so you can quickly jump to editing different sub-sections.

6 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
                            XO,
                            Meuy

• Add a text box for guests to insert "and guest" names when RSVPing

We would like to have names of guests that were listed "and guest" on the invitation envelope to make creating seating arrangements easier. Could a text box be added to the RSVP box that allows a first and last name to be entered.

This will make name plates easier :)

10 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
                              XO,
                              Meuy

• Ability to add more than one photo under a section instead of using the photo album in the Photos section

Please add the functionality to add more than one photo under a section instead of using the photo album under the Photos section. People are less likely to go through your several photo albums on a wedding website, I would rather just add a couple of photos to the applicable section. We should at least be able to sandwich the section's text with photos.

21 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                2 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
                                XO,
                                Meuy

• RSVP put the name of the guest on the email

When a RSVP email is sent it would be great to have the guests first name and last name on the email and that is the name they should use when finding their invitation.
                                So basically it is like a mail merge and you can add fields to the emails.
                                Even better if the RSVP email being sent out could have user defined fields eg {email} {firstname} and those details are taken from the guest manager information.

8 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
                                  XO,
                                  Meuy

• 11 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    5 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Unfortunately there’s no way to reorganize the photo album once it’s been uploaded. Your only option at this time is to re-upload the albums in the correct order. We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.  We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
                                    XO,
                                    Meuy

• Ability to respond to RSVP notes from guests

When guests RSVP, they also send beautiful notes, but there is no way to respond to those. Please add that feature

15 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are so glad you are seeing the notes coming in from your guests. Right now there is not an automatic way to reply, but we do look forward to adding this in the future. Since we assume most couples have a way to contact their guests, you can use the SHARE feature in your website builder to send them an email, but if you do not have their email address then this would not work yet. This is the part we will be working on for a future update.

Enjoy your planning!
                                      Keri

• Decor Designer/Room Sketcher

Being able to have a blue print/sketcher to actually draw the dimensions of the floor and place the tables in and tablecloths and table runners and centerpieces to see your reception and/or ceremony venue come to life before you purchase everything and then not like it

1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        2 comments  ·  Ideas + Etiquette  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a great idea. We are continuing to work on a seating chart for our guest list manager, but I agree that being able to see the colors and decor would be lovely. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our product designers for them to take into consideration in the future.

XO,
                                        Keri

• Customizing the Notes section of RSVPs

I'd love to be able to customize the categories for how guests RSVP, like changing "Notes" to something more relevant ("If you're bringing kids, let us know here!" type things).

103 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          15 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are definitely working on this new feature and hope to have a way for you to personalize the ‘ask’ of your guests in the future. So glad you like having it there.

• Vendor List

Hello,

I love the new "vendor list" feature but am having trouble adding vendors who do not have existing Knot accounts. I believe this is a very strong attribute for The Knot to gain data from bride clients. Whenever I type in a vendor who does not have a Knot account already, it says "Can't find vendor? Google Search". Then when you click on that, it does nothing. Am I missing something, is this still being fixed, or is there a way around this?

Thanks,

71 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            11 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have heard from a few other members that the vendors not on Google are not able to be added. This is an urgent ask in our Tech department and they are working on getting this added within the next 30-45 days. I know that is a lot of time when you are planning now, but we want to make sure we add it right the first time. We really do want to make sure we are providing what you need and want from our free membership sites.

Enjoy your planning!
                                            XO,
                                            Meuy

• Don't see your idea?

The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Feedback and Knowledge Base