The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Local Vendors] "Allows outside caterers" filter isn't working.

Although there is an filtering option for searching venues to check for "allows outside caterers" it isn't working. I checked it, and still most of the venues listed did not allow outside caterers. You should fix this; what good is having a filter if it doesn't actually, you know, filter?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Filters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [Checklist] Proposed task dates are off in the new checklist.

The dates of tasks are still not correct for my upcoming 2015 September wedding. It at least has updated to show things to do before the wedding date, but all the timing seems to be off. Example - Mail out Invites is in August currently on the list. For a September wedding.

I was expecting a patch to fix the logic of this app by now, but I have all but given up hope to use The Knot checklist (phone or website lists). It is very disappointing as the site was very helpful prior to the upgrade.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. [Wedding Website] Switching from "new" to the "old" format.

I created my wedding website on the "new". Is there any way I can go backwards and re-do it in the "old" format??

The old format notified non-guests that they were not on the guest list and then asked the non-guest if they would like to e-mail the host. The "new" format does not tell the non-guest that they were not found on the guest list!

I would like the non-guests to at least know they were not invited instead of them just being added.

Even though I've already created an account under the "new", how can a create a…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Krista P. responded

Hello and thanks for contacting us!

We will no longer be switching any new wedding websites back to old since old wedding websites will be deprecated at the end of 2015.

Users with old wedding websites will be made well aware of this plan and will have options to switch to the new tool.

Thanks!

Krista

4. [Checklist] A few suggestions for the new checklist.

The new wedding check list is not bad. I feel like there a ton of options to cover all different types of wedding. It would be easy if there were still check boxes or something similar to make marking things off the list a little quicker. I would like to recommend that purchasing the brides shoes and purchasing wedding bands be moved out more than 2 months before the wedding. I think that it is cutting it a little close. Also, it seems like some other things are not in the right order or time frame for when they need…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. [Guest List] It would be great to track gifts received/thank-you cards sent.

I would love it if there was a way to record the gifts received and if I have written a thank you card and/or sent it. It seems like it could be a simple addition to the guest list portion of the website.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Meuy responded

Thank you for your feedback!

The tool you’re inquiring about is provided to you in your Guest List Manager.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

6. Warning on new site that NOTHING WILL WORK

No, seriously. Nothing works. Everything is broken. Had I known the guest list I spent hours inputting would've been totally useless and unable to be exported (to ANYTHING--powerpoint, email, just some sort of basic LIST)...I would've just written in down on paper and saved myself the time. Just WARN people. Do the right thing. None of us have time to deal with this. There had to have been a better way, guys.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. [Local Vendors] Unable to submit a review for a vendor.

I tried several times to review our vendors and the website never let me. I have been trying to leave a review but I keep getting an "Oops. Your review wasn't submitted. Try again later. I keep trying and I keep getting the same error message"

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Reviews  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone!

We’re working toward a fix for members who are having trouble submitting a vendor review. We’ll contact everyone once this is fixed.

If you’re trying to submit these vendor ratings & reviews for the free Shutterfly book, we can definitely make sure you are given access to this prize.

Thanks so much for your patience.

Thanks!
    Katie

8. Save the DATE Cards - Should be Save the DATES

Please do not use "Save-The-Date" cards/announcements with ONE day (usually the wedding date) if there are numerous events guests may be required or asked to attend. For example: Out of state/country guests plan for a one-day event, book travel arrangements only to find out there is a rehearsal dinner on Day #1, wedding on Day #2 and a brunch on Day #3. Obviously, communication should be happening in advance, but it isn't and " in advance" is subjective. The goal is to participate and support the couple if able to do so. The earlier guests are aware of an event,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Ideas + Etiquette  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Generally Bad Programming

This site takes longer to load than anything else on the entire internet! I can't get anything done when it freezes, and that happens practically immediately once the website finally loads. It is so frustrating to use this for managing my guest list. I just hope my guests aren't as annoyed as I am when they RSVP. Website looks beautiful and has tons of good ideas. The tools would be great if they worked better.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. How come I can't look at wedding venues in Canada?

When I signed up for the Knot, I entered that I'm thinking about getting married in Montreal, Canada. The email I got had links to "Toronto/Ontario Wedding Venues", yet the link just brought me to Venues near where I live. When I try to edit the location, it won't let me input any city outside of the US. Is there a work around or does the Knot not do business outside the US?

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you so much for reaching out to us about finding vendors in your location. Currently, the focus of The Knot is on US vendors and locations. We continue to look at how we can expand into more of Canada and have started in the Ontario area as our first trial run. We look forward to expanding this as more vendors express interest in our company and services. We hope you are able to find many other ways to use The Knot as you continue your planning, even though the vendors are not in the system.

Thanks!

Meuy

11. [Guest List Manager + Facebook] I can no longer import guests from Facebook.

Unable to import guests from Facebook for my Guest List Manager.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. [General] I'd like to see better privacy settings for my information.

My idea is that if i sign ip with "the knot" i only want the knot to do what was intended. Just sign up to where i have chosen to register, and show me possible vendors. This does not mean to have our names plastered on all sesrch engines, with a wedding dste attached, things happen. Not upset at that, because we are still together, not ste date yet. Is a matter of principal and PRIVACY that is huge in our families. Thank you!! Not all of us enjoy to be on the public eye.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. [Seating Chart] Seating chart is glitchy.

The Seating Chart manager ALWAYS changes my tables from 8 (w/o ends) to 6 with 2 at the ends. it's SO frustrating, because it's also very slow and glitchy - so once i finally saved it and got everything/everyone in place it changes the whole thing and moves guests back into the inventory.

It's extremely frustrating - will not be using it again.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thanks for getting in touch!

The seating chart is part of our old tool set. We unfortunately have not designed a new one to replace it yet. Unfortunately, while we are working on improving the new site we are no longer making updates to the old tools.

Apologies for the inconvenience. Please let us know if we can help in any other way.

Krista

14. [Wedding Websites] Text links should be styled to look more like links.

I've tried three different templates, and keep running into the issue that text links don't stand out. It would be great if they were styled in a different color or underlined (or both). As it is, you can't tell links are different from the other text.

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. [Tablet] The Knot Magazine ipad app is not loading.

The Knot Magazine app shows nothing when I open it on my iPad. I've had previous issues loading your magazines in Newstand, please fix this!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All!

The Knot digital magazine is no longer available for iPad. Apple will refund or credit existing digital subscriptions and single-issue purchases.

Still need your wedding style fix? We’ve moved! Grab your (free) The Knot digital edition at issuu.com/theknot.

Thanks so much for your patience!

Krista

16. [General] The New Website is terrible.

The new website is terrible. I have had nothing but difficulty! The guest list manager is the absolute worst, and 90% of the time it doesn't even load. I met with my florist today, expecting to load all of my favorites on my phone, which I have easily done in the past with other vendors, but it kept saying that I don't have anything saved yet. This has been incredibly inconvenient. I am looking to begin using a different planning website. I really wish The Knot would go back to the old format. I agree with all of the other…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. [Guest List Manager] Improve button wording when RSVPing.

When guests try to RSVP "no" on wedding websites through theknot, they get confused because on the page where they are just SEARCHING their names, the button says "submit". This makes people who are not attending think that by clicking submit, they are RSVPing "yes" and that there is, therefore, no option to RSVP no online. I would suggest that you change the button that says "Submit" to say something along the lines of "Search" or "Search Name" to make that more clear to wedding guests who are not accustomed to using theknot.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Cathy responded

Hi and thanks for contacting us on The Knot Forum!

Thanks so much for your feedback. We have made changes to the RSVP display making it more clear what the options are. Now when guests RSVP they will have an option to Accept/Reject and to either Cancel out of the window or Send RSVP.

Thanks!
    Danny

18. The website automatic charity function goes to special interests group there are only a few real charities

I think that you need at least give brides a larger choice on for the registry charity function evaluating sources leaves one with a limited choices. A number of the charities you have listed are very radical groups with very strong biased they actual do political work and not charities.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thanks for contacting us!

Unfortunately we don’t take requests to list specific charities. You will need to choose from our existing list, through our partner I Do Foundation. To learn more, please visit our Charity FAQ; https://www.theknot.com/registry/charity

Hopefully we’ll be able to make some changes to this in the future. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
    Meuy

19. [Wedding Website] I wish there were more wedding website template options.

I wish we had the option of a beach-themed wedding website. It kills me that I have a beach themed wedding and the option of beach invitations on Wedding Paper Divas or whatever it's called but I hate that I can't portray that on my wedding website. The whole theme is going to be thrown off because of this and it bothers me a lot that this is apparently the way it has to be.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Racist and Bigoted Company's

I do not think you should support bigoted or raciest companys in your listing! I listed with your company when I was married 5 years ago and it was great. BUT you should not stand for this!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base