The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New Website Issues

Since emailing the help desk hasn't worked, I am trying this.

I am a bride who fell in love with using your website two years ago, now all these new changes have been made and I seem to no longer have the guest book capability or wedding budget-er payment tracker, Seating Chart, etc.

On your frequently asked questions you guys inform that in the few coming months, I am getting married in April 2016 and I am concerned I wont have the features I would like to throughout this process. Is there an updated eta on rolling out the "new"…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [General] Bring back the old website

I cannot stand this new site. I was coming to the knot almost daily and now I haven't been on in months because of the change. Nothing ever loads or works properly, it's poorly designed, and difficult to navigate. I was so excited when I got engaged to be able to sign up for the knot finally, and now as I am currently wedding planning, I never want to use it anymore. Please have an option for switching back to the old format. You will make many a bride happy!

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. [Wedding Website] I'd like to be able to upload photos by hashtag.

Hi there! I can't see any of the pictures I've been hashtagging on my Instagram on my wedding website?I'm not sure what else to do! I saw someone elses at first, and realized I needed to then change my hashtag. SO I did, but now I can't see any pictures! I want this to work before my wedding day!

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All!

Thanks for writing in. It usually takes between 1 and 2 hours for your Instagram images to load on your site.

Please make sure that your Instagram account is set to “public” in order for your pictures to import into your Instagram photo album. Same with your guests, their account setting must be “public” otherwise the photos that they tag will not import into the Instagram photo album.

Please let me know if this helps. If you continue to have issues, please send your account details and the issue you are experiencing to help@theknot.com.

Thanks!

Krista

5. I am so unhappy with this new site

Every time I log in I have to reset my password because it does not recognize it. This has been a terrible user experience. I am very annoyed now that on my invites I was going to use the Knot for RSVP' but I am now considering ordering new invites to avoid having to use this website.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. [General] I miss the old "My Knot" menu dropdown.

It was so easy before to just use that drop down from any page I was on to get back to all my tools. In general the new website takes too many clicks to get where I want, instead of it all being available easily. The few options not in the 'more' along the top bar are things I've already done, and are very limited considering how many different things go into a wedding. I don't think the old website was cluttered at all and I don't understand why it was changed. I would like an option to just use…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. [Guest List] Bulk add people to other events.

Now that I have everyone on my guest list I think it would be helpful to be able to check multiple people and add them to an event, say a Shower, that way you don't have to go into each contact and click that event. That will take forever when you have over 200 guests to go through. If I had known it would be so manual I would have added in all the events, but throughout the process more events could come up so it's helpful to multi select people and add them to an event.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  29 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. [Local Vendors] I'd like a place that centralizes vendor messages.

I can't locate any of my messages that I have sent to vendors, and the help function serves zero purpose! Navigating this website is terrible, had I known The Knot was going to mess with it so much, I wouldn't have relied so much on this site to help me plan my wedding. Please change it back to the way it was, the better way.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Local Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

So excited to say that our INBOX feature for vendor messaging is now in place. You can find this in your dashboard after you log into the site. Thank you for your feedback – it truly helped our team know this was a priority.

Thanks!
    Keri

10. [Membership] I'd like to be able to change my email address in Account Settings.

Customers should have the ability to go in and chance their own password in their account.

118 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    23 comments  ·  Membership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Cathy responded

Thank you so much for your patience on this. We’ve made an update to the Account Settings page. First, log in to your account on The Knot, then go here: https://www.theknot.com/account/settings/profile

To update your email address, please go here: https://www.theknot.com/account/settings/email-password

If you experience any issues, please fill in the form and we will get back to you asap with a solution:
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1PFpcajXG3ptXXaOeVc8AcGmNAv3_gfjsF-8hqWt3yKw/viewform

Thanks so much for your patience!

Danny

11. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. [General] We had a great experience on The Knot.

Tied the knot-1st time for both of us. We really loved 'The Knot' for our wedding celebration setup and announcement/registry. Made organizing and presenting our special day so easy! Please consider adding our fantastic diverse photos to your website-remember, gay couples have incredible amounts of disposable income:
    theknot.com/us/jennifer-and-koko
    Thanks!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Reviews  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Website information is not available anymore

My website seems is broken and cannot access my data at all. Everything seems wiped

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. [Wedding Website] State abbreviation keeps changing on my wedding website.

I keep having issues with my wedding website's locations changing. Instead of staying in "PA" the location keeps changing to "Pe". I have changed it multiple times and each and every time, it changes to an abbreviation that does not exist. I have tried emailing the help email address and have not received any response, not even an acknowledgement that the email was received. I am quite unhappy about the customer service.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. [Magazine] I'm disappointed with the new magazine.

I bought the new magazine and as I started reading it I realized I had read it before and when looking back, its the same magazine as the one that had come out a few months ago, just a new cover...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. [Local Vendors] I'd like to be able to edit a review.

All I forgot was to select "Tried & True" but I see that there is no way to edit or delete reviews. What if something happens down the line and I'd like to update or remove my review entirely?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Reviews  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. [Wedding Website] Some photos I upload come out sideways.

Is there a way to edit the photos I upload?

228 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  179 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. [Favorites] Old items still showing up on my favorites page.

Hello! I do like your new design, look, and flow. I work for an internet based company as well and fully understand the pain of bugs and customer complaints when a new version is released.
    I thought I'd just let you know:

When you updated your site, some items were no longer available from certain designers (rings, dresses, etc) which, again, totally understand. Things change. However, the old items still show up on my favorites and I cannot remove them because, when I select them to view the details, it just takes me back to the main page for those…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Favorites + Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. [Wedding Website] I want to design my own wedding website theme.

Is it possible to design our own web page? Our wedding invites had a celtic knot design that I'd like to incorporate into our wedding website.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. [My Account] I'd like to be able to edit my wedding colors.

Where are my wedding colors? I had selected them on the old website and now there is NO place to even select them again. The guest list planner has definitely changed. Although I personally did not use the old version, I checked it out to see its features and it was one of the tools that drew me to use The Knot in the first place.
    It is very difficult keeping details together for an entire wedding! PLEASE fix and improve new guest list features! If issues cannot be fixed, I will just have to go old school and buy…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Meuy responded

Hi and thank you for contacting us!

You can now update your wedding colors under “Account Settings”.

Thanks,
    Meuy

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base