The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

What's your idea for The Knot?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Krista P. responded

The Wedding Dress Gallery is now included in site search results!

Go to Search from the navigation, type your search term and you will see “Wedding Dress Gallery” results.

Thanks for your patience!

Krista

2. [Membership] I'm having trouble logging in across brands.

I love the fact that you can use one login for TheKnot, TheNest, and TheBump.

I tried visiting TheNest though and every time I click "Save to Favorites" it would ask me to login again. In the login box there was an option to log in via TheKnot, so I tried clicking this and it took me to TheKnot. Is there a bug in the log-in function/between-site connectivity or something?

Thanks for your help!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Membership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. [Advice + Etiquette] I miss the list of article titles, the thumbnails are hard to scan.

I guess that the new site works if you want to do a keyword search, but if you want to know what information is available to you, for example, if a potential problem hasn't even occurred to you yet, then there are pages and page of these thumbnails to go through. I have an incredibly hard time finding anything. There were many categories of articles provided under the wedding planning category before, and I'm not even sure where all of them went. The new site might look prettier, but I find it less useful.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Ideas + Etiquette  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. [Real Weddings] I prefer the old Real Wedding section.

What happened to weddings of the week?
    Why don't all of the pictures show up?
    The old layout was better.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Real Weddings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Why can't I log into my account via Facebook?

I always logged in via facebook, now I can't find that option. Please tell me I don't have to start over...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. [Reviews] Add a more prominent write a review link and allow for review sorting.

The link to write a review only appears at the top and disappears after scrolling down past the fold. Please make it easy for brides to write reviews and add an additional 'write a review' link by all of their reviews.

Please also add tools to allow brides to sort reviews by star rating and most recent.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Reviews  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. good design!

much more innovative and inviting! easy to find things!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for taking the time to send your feedback! We couldn’t be happier that you are enjoying the direction of The Knot Beta.

We’re constantly improving The Knot Beta so come back soon and check out our progress.

Thanks again!
    Katie

8. [Guest List Manager] I cannot see my full Guest List.

i am really suffering trying to find my guest list manager which is not connected to the "my website page. Can someone PLEASE help me to navigate for it? #frazzledfiancee

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. [Ideas + Etiquette] Add a drop down menu to further filter results page.

When you go to an advice & etiquette landing page, there is no way to filter the results. It would be great to have a menu to further refine/find the specific articles you're looking for.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Filters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. [General] There are limited planning tools for destination weddings.

I love the knot site but it limits you when attempting to plan a destination wedding. I've had to create boards and notes on a separate website to keep track.. which is also annoying not being able to have everything on 1 website..

Another thing I haven't seem to be able to do, is write extra notes/information regarding vendors or venues because its limited to America..

On the wedding website, I'm not able to put in a map because I'm forced to but in a US city/state...

Can you please expand on international options? Even if its just maps or…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for sending your feedback on The Knot !

We really appreciate hearing your thoughts on destination weddings and international features. It helps us prioritize things. If you have any specific ideas on the notes functionality you mentioned, definitely feel free to send them along!

In the mean time, check out The Knot’s Top 50 Destination Wedding Spots – https://www.theknot.com/content/best-destination-wedding-locations

Thanks again!
    Krista

11. It looks like the photo gallery for dress vendors aren't displaying properly

I'm trying to scroll through these galleries but the photos don't always appear and/or display underneath "about this vendor". I tried Carol Hannah and Houton. I can't seamlessly look through the photos.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Local Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. [Navigation] Wedding Cakes should be easier to find in the navigation.

I think wedding cakes and desserts should be easier to find. I was looking for it in the drop downs and didnt see it.I had to go to local vendors...Its a pretty important category not to list.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your feedback!

We are constantly making improvements and we will make updates to the navigation based on the great feedback we are getting and on how users are interacting with it.

Here’s the direct link to Wedding Cakes and more.

https://www.theknot.com/real-weddings/wedding-cakes-photos

Or you can check out our Wedding Vendors / Wedding Cakes.

https://www.theknot.com/marketplace

Thanks again!
    Meuy

13. [Local Vendors] I'd like to add vendor information that is not currently listed on The Knot.

I'd like to be able to add vendor information for my vendors that don't currently have listings, that way I could keep all their contact information in one place.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Local Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Why aren't all of your registry partners listed on the registry page? Where is REI, Traveler's Joy, Amazon, etc?

I recommend adding all of your registry partner to your registry homepage. Why only list a few of them?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for taking the time to send your feedback on The Knot Beta!

Retailers are currently listed on the Registry homepage based on their relationship and agreements with The Knot. You can create a new registry, add an existing registry, and/or add a registry manually from here – https://beta.theknot.com/registry/manage.

Thanks so much for the feedback and please reach out if you have any questions.

Krista

15. Destination wedding photo page not working

The link to go to destination wedding photos comes up with 404 and cant find the page. Just a heads up

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Ideas + Etiquette  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. [Filters] "Apply" button on the filters is difficult to access.

Hey - It's Jen Davidson - Fashion Director at XO
    On the FILTER tool on fashion galleries, we need to have the APPLY button located at the bottom (or best yet) at the bottom and top. You have to scroll all the way back up to the top to apply your search criteria once you make your selections. I demo'd the product to five clients today alone and every single client made this comment. I had the same sentiment, but it was also shared by the clients so I think that's compelling.
    And may I add - you KICK ***…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Filters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. [Filters] It would be helpful to search dress gallery designers by size range.

With an extended bridal party of lovely and diverse women, the dress designer who doesn't discriminate between a size 6, 16, or 26, will get business.

Body shaming is passé, yet some retailers haven't quite got the message yet. If we can't find the correct sizes, search options like color, length, and cost, mean absolutely nothing. The Knot could do planners a favor by adding this critical option to the gallery searches.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Filters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. [RSVP] The wedding websites should have a separate page for the RSVP.

The Wedding Websites should have a separate page for the RSVP so it's not so difficult to find.

94 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    94 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. [Budgeter] I have ideas for the future Budgeter.

I think the new look of the site is great. It feels more organized and the design is cleaner and easier to understand. This makes for a much better user experience. I would just like to comment on some functionality when you do update the Budgeter tool. It would be great if once you put in an "actual" amount, it would re-calculate and recommend how to re-organize the budget. For example, the Budgeter is recommending spending $500 on my wedding band. However, I know my wedding band is going to cost at least $1000. It would be great if I…

163 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Budgeter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for taking the time to send your feedback! We really appreciate the thoughtful feedback on the future Budgeter.

We’d love to hear more of your thoughts on the Budgeter and other future tool improvements. If you would be interested in scheduling a 30 minute feedback session, please contact me directly at ideas@xogrp.com.

If you’d like to access your old budgeter, please make sure you are logged in to The Knot. Then, go directly to: http://planning.theknot.com/wedding-budget.

Thanks again!

Krista

• Don't see your idea?

The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Feedback and Knowledge Base