The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Service Unavailable: Back-end server is at capacity - 503:

When I search for a wedding I get the following error message: Service Unavailable: Back-end server is at capacity - 503: Very frustrating to say the least

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you for contacting us!

We appreciate you letting us know about the 503 error you were having with our couples search. This has been resolved and should be functioning again.

Please let us know if you have any issues still.

Thanks,
    Katie

2. [Checklist] Ability to add/edit checklist items.

Hello,
    In the previous checklist, we were able to edit dates of items in the Checklist, as well as add new items. It doesn't look like in the new checklist, even with the update on the iPhone, this is available.

It was so so so helpful to be able to customize the checklist to our own wedding to keep all To Do items in one place, as well as customize the dates to our plans.

If this does exist in the upgrade, do let me know!

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Krista P. responded

You can now check off items with an easy-to-access check box on your Checklist!

Thanks so much for your patience as we continue to make improvements to the new site!

Krista

3. [Reviews] I'd like to add a review for a vendor.

I held a big Meet & Greet event at the Oasis at Lake Travis in Austin, TX. I had over 1000+ people in attendance. I was recommended the DJ from this site for entertainment the DJ name is DJ Muscle Ray. Everyone loved him, I see why he is recommended to perform at wedding events this guy is the best and will keep you entertained. I highly recommend him if your ever looking for a good DJ with a variety of good clean music and entertainment thanks theKnot.com & DJ Muscle Ray.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Reviews  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. [Wedding Website] Please add in "Best Woman" option.

If there is a "Man of Honor" option, why is there not a "Best Woman" option.

My female Best Friend is the BEST WOMAN in my wedding and I find it frustrating that a man can hold the title of "Man of Honor" (keeping with the traditional naming convention), but I do not have the ability to keep with traditional naming conventions as a male with a female as my "Best Woman."

Please fix this, it would be a very easy thing to add to the drop down, and would allow for better consistency across the board.

Thank you!

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  7 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. [General] The new website is borderline sexist.

This new website blows. As the groom, I have been using this website extensively, and found its Guest Manager and Website tools to be extraordinarily useful. I've accepted the fact that the wedding industry caters almost exclusively to females. Therefore, the number of articles and other features targeted towards men will be minuscule. After the website changed, however, I am unable to find anything on The Knot that is intended of a male audience. I find this disappointing, but not surprising.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. [Checklist] My wedding checklist is not loading.

I am no longer able to load the checklist- old or new.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. [Wedding Website] My location is wrong on our Wedding Website.

I am SO sick of logging on everyday and seeing my wedding location default to COLORADO when I am getting married in PA. I can't even give people our wedding website URL because they will all be asking WHY it says CO instead of PA.

I am sick of receiving the typical "thanks for being patient, we are working on it" response. This is a total fail on the knot's part.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    27 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your patience everyone!

The location issues you were experiencing should now be fixed.

Happy planning!

Krista

8. [Blog] I'd like to view info on Belize for this article.

That article has the same description for Aruba twice when talking about Belize. Please update! Would like to know the info on Belize. Thank you!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Blog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. [Wedding Websites] Add "officiant" as a role for the wedding party.

Please add "officiant" to the categories for the "roles" of wedding party members on the website. We'd like to acknowledge our friends, who are officiating the wedding for us, but are unable to list their role as part of the wedding party.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Meuy responded

Hello,

With our new update, you can type in any role, if one is not available from the drop down menu.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

10. [Registry] Unable to find where to delete a registry.

I want a button to delete a registry.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  7 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. [Guest List Manager] Facebook invitations were not sent to my guests.

We decided to use the option of inviting our guests to our wedding website via facebook. NONE of our guests invited via facebook actually received invites. People invited via email did receive invites. So all in all, about 10 of our 115 guests actually got invites, while who knows what happened to the rest!! Please fix! This is ridiculous!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. [General] I wish there was an iPad app.

I wish the app for iPads and tablets was a separate app and not just the iPhone app zoomed in. It's not easy to navigate and isn't as user-friendly as it could be. It makes wedding planning harder, not easier!!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. [Guest List] Ability to change the wording on the RSVP page.

The wording that is given is confusing my guests. I want to be able to give more detail.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  11 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Cathy responded

Hello,

Thanks for your patience.

We were able to put out a fix for this issue and your names should be displaying correctly on your site.

Thanks,
    Danny

15. [Account] Unable to edit the name of the bride and groom.

I opened this account a few years ago. I am now engaged to an amazing man but is not the one that is listed as the groom. How do I change this setting?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you so much for your patience on this. We’ve made an update to the Account Settings page. First, log in to your account on The Knot, then go here: https://www.theknot.com/account/settings/profile

To update your names please go here – https://www.theknot.com/account/settings/profile

If you experience any issues, please fill in the form and we will get back to you asap with a solution:
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1PFpcajXG3ptXXaOeVc8AcGmNAv3_gfjsF-8hqWt3yKw/viewform

Thanks so much for your patience!

Krista

16. [Registry] I'd like the ability to add my own charity.

You should add the option for your own charity. CASA Court Appointed Special Advocates is a National organization for abused children.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. [Checklist] I keep running into 404 pages while on checklist.

Please work on this checklist. The new checklist is always showing error code 404. It makes it very hard to plan a wedding when your checklist is unavailable. Additionally, the wedding fitness plan link isn't working either.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. [Checklist] It's difficult to read the the light grey words.

I like this new checklist. My wedding is in June 15th but I wanted to see what the new one was like. I like the new ideas on here and I like the format.

The only problems are that the new checklist words are in REALLY light grey and I'm having a hard time seeing them against the light background. Also, the checklist is just one long list of things to do listed under the date June 15th. I really liked having the months listed so I knew when to do what. I already clicked that I wanted the new…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Meuy responded

Hi and thank you so much for your patience and understanding while we make improvements to The Knot!

Our Checklist since has been updated. It’s no longer light grey, it is better to see and much easier to utilized.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

19. [General] I can no longer find the registry item checklist.

There was a customizable checklist of registry items on the old website that was fantastic, and it seems to have disappeared. It was not associated with any store- it was purely for planning purposes. Could you please direct me to it?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. [Checklist] Keep the swipe right function to archive/mark complete on mobile devices.

Much easier than marking items completed in the new checklist. Keep the old swipe function. And of course the date glitch needs to be fixed on both the mobile and desktop versions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base