The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Local Vendors] I'm unable to only search for local vendors in my area.

When I log in using my email & password I've been taken to different accounts. Different names & wedding details/ideas pop up. I usually have to log off and back in several times. I can't find anything.

Every time I try to do a search for local vendors the page loads for vendors in New York City. Why am I seeing this? I live in St. Louis, am getting married in St. Louis, & entered this info when I created the account. When I type St. Louis into the search box the page never loads. When I try to refresh…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    7 comments  ·  Local Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thanks for getting in touch! First click into a board or location then you will see a “New Discussion” button at the top right where you can start a discussion.

If you are new to the Community, there’s two-day wait limit on being able to post a new discussion or reply. This is meant to encourage new members to get a feel for the community first.

Please let us know if you have any questions!

Thanks!

Krista

3. [Wedding Websites] I don't like the new wedding website tool.

i guess you get what you pay for... and this case nothing

this website tool is pretty beat.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. [Checklist] I'd like to see a list what still needs to be done.

I like being able to see what I have deleted and what I have completed. But would it not be benifical to see a list of ONLY what needs to be done still?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. [Guest List Manager, Checklist] Nothing works on the new site.

Really wish i had access to my guest list and checklist etc. ... I don't have an idea...just letting you know your new site isn't working at all

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  8 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. [Budgeter] When I enter in "$0" in a category, it doesn't save.

When I enter in "$0" in a category and press save, it doesn't actually save it. It just replaces it with the suggested amount.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Budgeter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. [General] The Knot should be more conducive to same-sex weddings.

I am in a lesbian relationship and getting married in May. I have been using your checklist, budgeter, and other parts of your website, and for the most part it is very helpful. However, one complaint I have is that I have to modify everything to remove the "groom" aspect and restructure it for two brides. It seems like this would be a fairly simple fix of having an alternative checklist for same-*** couples, probably one for men and one for women. I know The Knot tries to be inclusive but this is a pretty big oversight in terms of…

238 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  48 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. [Membership] I am not able to log into The Knot or reset my password.

Cannot login - I enter my email & password but it keeps cycling trying to login; have waited over an hour for it to login but will not; I am using google chrome.
    i am now worried that i will not be able to get access to my wedding guest checklist and room layout

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Membership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Krista P. responded

The Wedding Dress Gallery is now included in site search results!

Go to Search from the navigation, type your search term and you will see “Wedding Dress Gallery” results.

Thanks for your patience!

Krista

10. [Membership] I'm having trouble logging in across brands.

I love the fact that you can use one login for TheKnot, TheNest, and TheBump.

I tried visiting TheNest though and every time I click "Save to Favorites" it would ask me to login again. In the login box there was an option to log in via TheKnot, so I tried clicking this and it took me to TheKnot. Is there a bug in the log-in function/between-site connectivity or something?

Thanks for your help!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Membership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. [Advice + Etiquette] I miss the list of article titles, the thumbnails are hard to scan.

I guess that the new site works if you want to do a keyword search, but if you want to know what information is available to you, for example, if a potential problem hasn't even occurred to you yet, then there are pages and page of these thumbnails to go through. I have an incredibly hard time finding anything. There were many categories of articles provided under the wedding planning category before, and I'm not even sure where all of them went. The new site might look prettier, but I find it less useful.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Ideas + Etiquette  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. [Real Weddings] I prefer the old Real Wedding section.

What happened to weddings of the week?
    Why don't all of the pictures show up?
    The old layout was better.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Real Weddings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Why can't I log into my account via Facebook?

I always logged in via facebook, now I can't find that option. Please tell me I don't have to start over...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. [Reviews] Add a more prominent write a review link and allow for review sorting.

The link to write a review only appears at the top and disappears after scrolling down past the fold. Please make it easy for brides to write reviews and add an additional 'write a review' link by all of their reviews.

Please also add tools to allow brides to sort reviews by star rating and most recent.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Reviews  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. good design!

much more innovative and inviting! easy to find things!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for taking the time to send your feedback! We couldn’t be happier that you are enjoying the direction of The Knot Beta.

We’re constantly improving The Knot Beta so come back soon and check out our progress.

Thanks again!
    Katie

16. [Guest List Manager] I cannot see my full Guest List.

i am really suffering trying to find my guest list manager which is not connected to the "my website page. Can someone PLEASE help me to navigate for it? #frazzledfiancee

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. [Ideas + Etiquette] Add a drop down menu to further filter results page.

When you go to an advice & etiquette landing page, there is no way to filter the results. It would be great to have a menu to further refine/find the specific articles you're looking for.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Filters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. [General] There are limited planning tools for destination weddings.

I love the knot site but it limits you when attempting to plan a destination wedding. I've had to create boards and notes on a separate website to keep track.. which is also annoying not being able to have everything on 1 website..

Another thing I haven't seem to be able to do, is write extra notes/information regarding vendors or venues because its limited to America..

On the wedding website, I'm not able to put in a map because I'm forced to but in a US city/state...

Can you please expand on international options? Even if its just maps or…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for sending your feedback on The Knot !

We really appreciate hearing your thoughts on destination weddings and international features. It helps us prioritize things. If you have any specific ideas on the notes functionality you mentioned, definitely feel free to send them along!

In the mean time, check out The Knot’s Top 50 Destination Wedding Spots – https://www.theknot.com/content/best-destination-wedding-locations

Thanks again!
    Krista

19. It looks like the photo gallery for dress vendors aren't displaying properly

I'm trying to scroll through these galleries but the photos don't always appear and/or display underneath "about this vendor". I tried Carol Hannah and Houton. I can't seamlessly look through the photos.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Local Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. [Navigation] Wedding Cakes should be easier to find in the navigation.

I think wedding cakes and desserts should be easier to find. I was looking for it in the drop downs and didnt see it.I had to go to local vendors...Its a pretty important category not to list.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your feedback!

We are constantly making improvements and we will make updates to the navigation based on the great feedback we are getting and on how users are interacting with it.

Here’s the direct link to Wedding Cakes and more.

https://www.theknot.com/real-weddings/wedding-cakes-photos

Or you can check out our Wedding Vendors / Wedding Cakes.

https://www.theknot.com/marketplace

Thanks again!
    Meuy

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base