The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bachelorette party at The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Get wild by wearing lingerie in public while yelling jokes and insults with friends

I've noticed that a lot of bachelorette party ideas are typical or tame with girly themes or standard activities.
    Why not have a party at The Rocky Horror Picture show.  A place to be wild while wearing lingerie in public and shouting jokes and insults with the people around you.  A unique experience to check off you bucket list  :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Blog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Wedding Party List

Could you add a custom option for the roles within the bridal party? I'd love to add some not as common names that are personal to my wedding plans.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello -

Thank you for reaching out to us.

You should be able to override the current Role, if one is not available from our drop down menu.

Please let us know if there’s anything else we can assist you with.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

3. The Knot should have more information on Bustles

I've been using the knot to educate myself on all things wedding, and I've come to rely on the knot to prepare me for the next step in the wedding-planning process. When it came to bustling my dress, I felt entirely unprepared, and it's hard to find a thorough rundown of bustles online. I was disappointed when my wedding dress came back from alterations and I could see the bustle points on the skirt of my dress. I asked myself, "is this normal?" When I went to find information on whether other people could see the bustle points on their…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Fashion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

I really appreciate you reaching out. First of all, we are very sorry that the result of the bustle connections was not what you were picturing or had intended for your dress to look like. This likely should have been a conversation the seamstress had with you to make sure you knew the impact this would have on your dress. If these connection points are very noticeable you will likely be able to have your photographer do some magic to remove those points in any photos so the dress will appear as you had intended in your memory books.

That being said, you are right about our lack of information on this on our site. I also did a quick search and found that while we do discuss bustling and if you should/shouldn’t do this on a dress, the issue of the connection points altering the way the dress…

4. Please add "Officiant" to drop down menu for wedding party

Many people are choosing to have friend or family memeber as Officiant. Please add this category to wedding party drop down menu. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reaching out to us!

You should be able to override the current Role, if one is not available from our drop down menu.

Please let us know if there’s anything else we can assist you with.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

5. Site is not working - Going slow - Wedding website is down

We do see the website is going slow and many wedding websites are not working properly - so very sorry! Our Tech team is working on this urgently and we look forward to updating you all very soon with the all clear notice. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

XOXO
    Your Customer Experience Team

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you so much for your patience!

Tech has given us the all clear on the slow site issue. We really appreciate your patience while they worked through that. Please email us at newtools@theknot.com if you still have questions on your site.

XOXO
    Your Customer Experience Team

6. Wedding Paper Divas - UPDATE FROM THE KNOT

Many members received notice that Wedding Paper Divas (WPD) is having a 'going out of business' sale. I wanted to just take a minute to let you know how this is actually working and how it affects the Wedding Website themes on The Knot.

WPD is owned by Shutterfly.com and they are being moved to the main website, instead of being a separate brand. So thankfully, Shutterfly is still going to maintain their product offerings in many ways.

As you know, The Knot has many wedding website themes that match the WPD designs. These are NOT going away from your…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Day-of transportation plan should be on the checklist.

Day-of transportation plan should be on the checklist.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Meal count summary on mobile site or app

Right now I can't seem to find a way to view meal option totals on the app or on the mobile site- only on the full version of the website. For planning on the go, this is inconvenient. Would love to see this feature please!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Guest List

It would be great if the Guest List Manager could be sorted by RSVP status, so you can see who has RSVPed and who hasn't.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Alphabetize Guest List

Please allow an option for guest list on the website to be alphabetized. I am constantly scrolling up and down trying to find a guest's name.
    Suggestion: Indent the +1s under the main guest's name so that they're easily identifiable, instead of them lining them up with everyone else's.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  16 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. How He Asked Blog

To Whom It May Concern,

How He Asked is filled with cute stories and it is a nice idea. However, it is sexist to assume the male always asks, and heteronormative to assume there is always a male in the couple. In order to be more considerate of your ***** users, I recommend renaming the blog something more neutral like "Popping the Question" or "The Ask" or something else that doesn't include gendered pronouns.

Best,
    Rebecca Bauer

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Blog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Film Monkey

Please do not associate yourself with Film Monkey. They are complete garbage and discredit your website. They are officially scammers according to the Better Business Bureau. Or at least update the avg reviews to reflect all the complaints from many customers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, thank you for reaching out to us!

Most advertisers on The Knot.com are paying advertisers. The others have a free listing but are limited in the information they can supply to potential clients on our site. Recommendations for vendors actually come from other members that have left reviews for vendors based on their past experiences. If you are not satisfied with the services provided, we do encourage you to leave a factual, non-emotional review on our site. This will help other members in the future when evaluating this vendor. You may also consider contacting the Better Business Bureau in your area with this information. We have notified the Account Rep that oversees this vendor so they are aware of this issue you had.

We are truly sorry for any inconvenience this vendor has caused you and your family.

14. With the upgraded guestlist, you don't have the option to view accepted/declined RSVPs at a glance.

Adding the option, like there was before to see a running total of accepted and declines and invited numbers for each event that has been created.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  8 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to email some/all guests

I would like the ability to email some or all my guests. I want the ability to send emails to update guests on parking, weather, or whatever I need to at the last minute in case they are not checking the website.

I also want to be able to email select guests only (e.g.- those who have RSVP'd "yes", those RSVP'd "no", those who did not respond with their addresses, etc. I should be able to select names and email them through the website.

What's the point of having a place for emails in the guest manager if we cannot…

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. The Guest List Manager was an awful experience for me. It was very confusing. In theory ANYONE who got onto my site could have RSVped

More than half of my guests entered their name and hit RSVP. There was no way of assuring that it was the same name I entered. This created a lot of doubles for me.There was no way of creating a file of just the RSVP yes replies to print into a file.
    In addition ..... ANYONE, uninvited guests, or total strangers who gained access to our wedding site could have RSVPed. Apparently it was possible for my guests to add whomever they wished. I had no way of controlling it on my end. Hopefully I did not miscount >:(

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reaching out to us. Here is a bit more information about our RSVP function that may help you as you continue your planning.
    We are excited to offer a new and improved version of the RSVP tool this year! We are hopeful that many of the changes that were recently added will make your RSVP process easier for you and your guests.
    Now available – a private/secure RSVP process. In your dashboard, go to the RSVP menu and you can secure your list so ONLY INVITED GUESTS can submit an RSVP. YAY! This is truly a win for all members and we are so excited this is available for you now. You are required to upload a guest list to enable this feature. If you do not have a guest list that needs to be limited, you can keep this turned off so everyone that…

17. Photos not uploading.

Still cannot upload photos. When I try to upload new photos, it has all of them listed with check boxes, then I click add. Then nothing happens. I tried incognito mode on chrome and other computers. What is the issue?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    33 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

I’m sorry to hear that you are having issues uploading photos to your wedding website.

Even though we do not have a size limit on photo uploads, we have found it’s best to follow these guidelines:

If you are having an issue uploading photos using a mobile device, try using a desktop pc and only use Firefox for your browser. Chrome may also work, but it can be persnickety as well.

We do limit the albums to 5, this includes Facebook, Instagram, and Shared albums.

Try to limit each album to 20 – 30 photos. More than this number and you might find difficultly adding more photos. Some couples have added more than 30 photos, but this is a prime number for you to aim your limit.

It’s best to add photos that are 5 MB or less. Typical images that you see on websites are roughly 1024…

18. 0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The Knot Checklist

Not an idea... more so a compliment. I just have to say, I would have been 100000% lost without the knot's checklist during planning. I rave to everyone that it's been my bible during wedding planning. Thank you times a million!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. RSVP Emails - These are not for my event!!

Hi Everyone!
    Are you getting RSVP emails that are for someone else's event? Or you haven't even set up your website and guest list and random people are sending you RSVPs?

We did discover an issue yesterday that is causing some RSVP emails to be sent to the wrong member. So sorry for this frustration!!

We are actively looking at why this is happening so we can stop the influx of email notifications that are not truly for you. Thank you for your patience. We are hoping that a hot fix will be done before the weekend in all accounts…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great news!! We found the bug behind these emails and it has now been fixed. RSVPs were landing in the right accounts but the notification emails were being misdirected – as you experienced.

Thank you for taking the time to report this early. We were able to find the reason behind the system bug because of the early reports – thank you again!

We hope you enjoy the rest of your day. If you see any new RSVP emails that land any time after 12:00 noon, eastern time, please let us know as this will need to be reviewed fresh.

Talk soon,
    Keri
    Customer Experience Manager

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base