The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. With the upgraded guestlist, you don't have the option to view accepted/declined RSVPs at a glance.

Adding the option, like there was before to see a running total of accepted and declines and invited numbers for each event that has been created.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  8 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to email some/all guests

I would like the ability to email some or all my guests. I want the ability to send emails to update guests on parking, weather, or whatever I need to at the last minute in case they are not checking the website.

I also want to be able to email select guests only (e.g.- those who have RSVP'd "yes", those RSVP'd "no", those who did not respond with their addresses, etc. I should be able to select names and email them through the website.

What's the point of having a place for emails in the guest manager if we cannot…

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The Guest List Manager was an awful experience for me. It was very confusing. In theory ANYONE who got onto my site could have RSVped

More than half of my guests entered their name and hit RSVP. There was no way of assuring that it was the same name I entered. This created a lot of doubles for me.There was no way of creating a file of just the RSVP yes replies to print into a file.
    In addition ..... ANYONE, uninvited guests, or total strangers who gained access to our wedding site could have RSVPed. Apparently it was possible for my guests to add whomever they wished. I had no way of controlling it on my end. Hopefully I did not miscount >:(

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reaching out to us. Here is a bit more information about our RSVP function that may help you as you continue your planning.
    We are excited to offer a new and improved version of the RSVP tool this year! We are hopeful that many of the changes that were recently added will make your RSVP process easier for you and your guests.
    Now available – a private/secure RSVP process. In your dashboard, go to the RSVP menu and you can secure your list so ONLY INVITED GUESTS can submit an RSVP. YAY! This is truly a win for all members and we are so excited this is available for you now. You are required to upload a guest list to enable this feature. If you do not have a guest list that needs to be limited, you can keep this turned off so everyone that…

4. Photos not uploading.

Still cannot upload photos. When I try to upload new photos, it has all of them listed with check boxes, then I click add. Then nothing happens. I tried incognito mode on chrome and other computers. What is the issue?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    33 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

I’m sorry to hear that you are having issues uploading photos to your wedding website.

Even though we do not have a size limit on photo uploads, we have found it’s best to follow these guidelines:

If you are having an issue uploading photos using a mobile device, try using a desktop pc and only use Firefox for your browser. Chrome may also work, but it can be persnickety as well.

We do limit the albums to 5, this includes Facebook, Instagram, and Shared albums.

Try to limit each album to 20 – 30 photos. More than this number and you might find difficultly adding more photos. Some couples have added more than 30 photos, but this is a prime number for you to aim your limit.

It’s best to add photos that are 5 MB or less. Typical images that you see on websites are roughly 1024…

5. 0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The Knot Checklist

Not an idea... more so a compliment. I just have to say, I would have been 100000% lost without the knot's checklist during planning. I rave to everyone that it's been my bible during wedding planning. Thank you times a million!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. RSVP Emails - These are not for my event!!

Hi Everyone!
    Are you getting RSVP emails that are for someone else's event? Or you haven't even set up your website and guest list and random people are sending you RSVPs?

We did discover an issue yesterday that is causing some RSVP emails to be sent to the wrong member. So sorry for this frustration!!

We are actively looking at why this is happening so we can stop the influx of email notifications that are not truly for you. Thank you for your patience. We are hoping that a hot fix will be done before the weekend in all accounts…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great news!! We found the bug behind these emails and it has now been fixed. RSVPs were landing in the right accounts but the notification emails were being misdirected – as you experienced.

Thank you for taking the time to report this early. We were able to find the reason behind the system bug because of the early reports – thank you again!

We hope you enjoy the rest of your day. If you see any new RSVP emails that land any time after 12:00 noon, eastern time, please let us know as this will need to be reviewed fresh.

Talk soon,
    Keri
    Customer Experience Manager

8. I disagree with your ideas on daytime formal and semi-formal wear for gentlemen: morning dress vs morning suit vs stroller

Morning dress is cutaway coat, vest and stripped pants

Morning suit is cutaway coat, vest and pants of the same color

Stroller (black lounge) is black (or charcoal) peaked coat, vest and stripped pants

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sending over this feedback. I will make sure our Editorial team has this for review as they look at articles that mention these guidelines. I really appreciate you taking time to send this over.

XOXO,
    Keri

9. The new guest list looks good but there are no totals anymore?? I'd love to see a total column.

The new guest list looks good but there are no totals anymore?? I'd love to see a total column.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are very excited about the new Guest List Manager also! When you are in your Manager, click on Event Summary. The totals are available here so that you have them for each event in its own place.

Enjoy the new Guest List!
    XOXO
    Keri

10. The new guet list manager is amazing!

Thank you for the household view update!! It couldn't have come at a better time! Right before I need to send out my invitations. This makes it so much easier!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. The Knot Newlywed Fund - your Cash Registry Solution is here!

https://www.theknot.com/registry/newlywed-fund-cash-wedding-registry

We are so excited to announce The Knot Newlywed Fund is now available for all couples on our site. Here is how it works:

Create a Free Cash Registry: Get inspiration from our list of wedding funds or ask for anything else you can imagine.

Get Gifted: When guests contribute to a fund or group gift, we'll automatically transfer the money to your bank account.

Track Your Contributions: Take a peek at the goal progress of your funds and find out who gifted what 24/7.

Read all the FAQs for more details - and enjoy getting just what you…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. RSVP - error when guest submits their reply

Thank you for your patience. We have a known issue that is being fixed today. Many of you have let us know that when your guests try to submit an RSVP they are seeing an error, however, the information is still coming over to you and it is also duplicating their multiple attempts as new entries in your Guest List Managers. So sorry for this frustration.

We have found the bug in the system and now we are working on pushing a fix out as soon as possible. We hope you will see it fixed by end of day, but…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    35 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Wedding Program format

On your "What do you include on there ceremony?" suggestion page, there is a variety of different ceremony types. However, there is nothing for Episcopal ceremonies.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Ideas + Etiquette  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reaching out. I am glad you found the article at: https://www.theknot.com/content/what-should-the-wedding-program-include

The list provided is mentioned as some examples of the program types, but it definitely is not all inclusive. We are always trying to bring a broad range of styles and religious styles to these articles, but unfortunately, we can’t cover everything every time. I will make sure the editorial team has your comments so when they are scheduled to update this article they can look into adding Episcopal ceremonies in their updates.

XOXO,
    Keri

14. Your filters don't work correctly

I have had the hardest time finding CHRISTIAN ministers to marry my fiance and I in the Philadelphia area. Most officiants who come up are usually interfaith and perform non-religious services as well. You have filters that allow me to specifically select Christian officiants, yet the first result that comes up is a Jewish wedding group. And I barely see any Christian ones. Obviously the Christian filter does not work, or if you just don't have Christian-specific officiants in the area your site should say "0 results" instead of listing others.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are glad you are using the site. The vendors listed on our site are those that have chosen to be listed on our site. We would love to have more ministers in all faiths, join our lists, but this is not something we can populate before they reach out to us. It is unfortunate that in the area you are looking there are not the Christian ministers you were hoping to find. We do hope you are able to find the perfect person for your ceremony, and when you do, you may ask them to consider reaching out to The Knot so the next couple has someone in that category to choose from.

We definitely are trying to enhance the areas of our Local Vendors where there is limited choices, and we will keep this in mind as we move forward in looking for new vendors in Philadelphia.

XOXO

15. Address Export

When I export my guest list, the address lines, city, state, ZIP, and country all export into the same cell. I wish these remained separate fields, so I could upload the excel document into my invitation template.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there!

Thank you for visiting! When exporting your Guest List Manager, the addresses are broken into 6 different cells. The addresses are no longer exported onto one line, but multiple lines. See examples below:

Street Address 1
    Street Address 2 (Unit/Apt#)
    City
    State/Province
    Zip/Postal Code
    Country

Please let us know if there’s anything else we can assist you with. Our customer service email is Help@theknot.com

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Your Customer Experience Team

16. Add The Trevor Project to the list of approved charities

The Trevor Project is the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, ********, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) young people ages 13-24.

Please consider adding the Trevor Project during the next review of the charity line up.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reaching out about our program, The Knot Gives Back. We are very excited to be able to offer charity partners to our couples so that all purchases can qualify for a donation being made. Right now we partner with JustGive.org and they provide us with the 100 charities currently offered. We are hoping that in the months to come we will be able to open up this portal to include many more charities, as so many are available and our couples each want one that speaks just to them.We have put your charity on The Knot’s list for future consideration and will reach out if it’s selected to be added.

Thank you!

17. No set date

I'd like for there to be a way to have a wedding site up and running while a date is being changed/finalized.
    A year & season would do the trick. Ex. "Spring 2018" instead of "April 25, 2018"

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I love that I can sort by party in the app. It makes no sense that I can't sort that way online.

It's great that I can sort by Party in the app. It makes no sense at all that I can't do that online. What's more, it doesn't make sense that adding someone to a party doesn't give you the option to import that existing address. I don't need The Knot to tell me the spouse of someone is missing an address if their address is already attached to a party leader.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Customer Service - Phone is currently down

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Unfortunately our phones are down. Tech is working urgently to get them fixed. In the meantime please send all of your inquiries to newtools@theknot.com.

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding!

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Customer Service  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Budgeter recommened amounts should update when you delete something

I am skipping a lot of traditional wedding expenses, so when I delete items off the list in the Budgeter, I wish it would update the recommended amounts under the remaining budget items. For example, I am not having a wedding planner, and if I delete this item or enter "$0.00", I wish the tool would automatically allocate the recommended amount for a planner to other items on the list.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Budgeter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We really appreciate your reporting this over to us. Our Product Team for the Ultimate Checklist/Budgeter does know this is an issue and we will be focused on getting this updated toward the middle of 2017. Your feedback is key in helping them know this is an issue our members want to see corrected.

We hope you can find ways to use and enjoy the product in the meantime.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base