The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make the site more user friendly

Make a registry settings page, it takes a long time to figure out how to delete registries. "Display Settings" is not intuitive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability for site visitors to see RSVPs and Guest List

I would like to have the option for guests to rsvp and leave comments similar to evite. We are having a destination wedding and it would be nice for others to know who is attending to arrange travel plans.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for contacting us!

We unfortunately do not give your guests a full view of the guest list. This is a privacy issue between you and each guest and while it may seem helpful upfront, it can bring some drama with it that no couple needs. We are hoping this might be in a future update, but it is not on the schedule as of now.

Yes, we do provide the option for each of your guests to leave a comment/message at the end of their RSVP. Unfortunately the notes are only included in the email RSVP confirmation and your exported Guest List manager. Our Tech team is looking for a way to add the messages to your wedding website Guest List page. We’re hoping this tool will be available soon.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

3. How can I choose a charity/organization that is not listed?

I would like to donate to a Developmental Disabilities County Board. We should be able to nominate a charity.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your inquiry.

Unfortunately we don’t take requests to list specific charities. You will need to choose from our existing list, through our partner, JustGive.org. To learn more, please visit our Charity FAQ; https://www.theknot.com/registry/charity

Hopefully we’ll be able to make some changes to this in the future. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

4. Personal Songs - Sharing a Resource

Hello, I wanted to share a unique gift idea with your audience. My daughter who recently got married had a custom song made by company called Downwrite. They apparently have a number of artists and you can choose an artist to write your personal song. Here's their website: https://www.downwrite.com

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Ideas + Etiquette  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great news! We love hearing about other vendors.

If you’d like your vendor to become a local vendor that appears on The Knot website please ask them to sign up at The Knot for Local Businesses – https://partnerssignup.theknot.com/. The link will walk your vendor through the process of getting their business up on the site.

Or they can send us an email at theknotprohelp@theknot.com. Tell us a bit about the business, service area, and how we can contact them (phone and email preferred). A local sales rep will be contacting the vendor within 24-48 business hours.

XOXO,
    Meuy

5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customer Service  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great news! We love hearing from new vendors.

If you’d like to become a local vendor that appears on The Knot website please start by signing up at The Knot for Local Businesses – https://partnerssignup.theknot.com/. This will walk you through the process of getting your business up on the site.

Or you can send us an email at localsales@theknot.com. Tell us a bit about your business, your service area, and how we can contact you (phone and email preferred). We will send you information that fits your local area.

If you have any other questions please let us know.

Have a great day!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

6. Personalize for same *** couples

Over all I love what the Knot has done for wedding planning. I worked for the Men's Wearhouse for 11 years and now am planning my own wedding. However it is disappointing when i go into my check list and see it tell me to preserve my dress. I understand that Gay Marriages are newer to many in the industry but lets be realistic. This did no happen last week. I see where some of the site has been made generic Like your party... your partners party... but if you are going to offer advise is should be tailored to…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reviews  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great news on this request. Our Checklist is now formatted so same-sex couples can choose their to-do lists individually and you don’t have to hope there are two things for brides or two things for grooms on the list. We continue to work on expanding this functionality across our site and brands. We have also added more same-sex wedding items to our checklists so that you can personalize your experience as you set up your list.

Thanks for your feedback! It was a great push for our teams!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Keri

7. Add an option to make your own free wedding site

Currently all the wedding "themes" are boring. They're all floral / black and white or just too classic.

Add an option to let us upload our own pictures and use our own scrolling wallpaper as well as picture widgets / GIFs

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Your search/filter feature on wedding venues could be much better

Your search/filter feature on wedding venues could be much better. On the website i enter the number of guests i'm approximating and the filter never works to only give the number I enter. It would be nice if i could choose multiple approximate guest numbers as well since my numbers aren't set in stone. This feature works on the app on my phone, but then it doesn't allow me to restrict to within so many miles of the city i have entered. This is very frustrating when searching through hundreds of venues.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Filters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. budgeter

Did the budgeter feature change? I am having a hard time using that tool now, nothing is laid out the way it previously had been! Help!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Our new Checklist has the budgeter as part of the list now. You will find the details on each budget item in the menu on the right (3 dots) and you will also find that managing the checklist item and budget item, that are often one task, will be much cleaner now.

10. Sperate Timeline/Checklist and Budgeter

I loved using the budgeter feature until the recent update that changed format of the budgeter to incorporate the timeline/checklist. I am having difficulty finding items and cannot see the suggested item budgets. Please bring back the old format!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Budgeter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We really do appreciate your feedback. This new Ultimate Checklist is new for everyone and as we know with all change comes a period of adjustment.

The budget suggestions are found in the details in each item. When you are in the checklist, click on Budgeter. Then on the right of each item, open the menu (3 dots). The right side of your screen will open with the details of that items, the suggested spend and you can then enter what you actually spend on that item.

We are so excited to have these features all in one place – something other members have been asking us to do for many years. We hope you will give it a chance and see that it can work for you and your wedding planning.

XOXO,
    Keri

11. Adding vendors manually

Hi,

I know it lets you search vendors through Google. But I have a friend who is a planner and does not ave a website. Also, your Google search shows my church's school, not parish, so I had to choose that. You should allow manual entry of details to fix issues like this.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Not able to add all of my Vendors to my Checklist or Budgeter.

From The Knot:

Right now our Checklist/Budgeter is undergoing an amazing transformation. Instead of having 2-3 lists to track we are getting them put into one place so you can easily keep your checklist alive with all your details. Most of the time you are going to find your vendor on our list to add them into the details and check that to-do off your list.

We do know there are some vendors that are not on our list yet. Many times you will find them through our Google search, but there are a few that are not going to…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Scroll down RSVP page

I have tried to contact The Knot regarding this issue but have not as yet received a reply. When my guests click RSVP they cannot scroll down to accept all invites for all events. The page does not move. Please help!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

The issues has been reported to our Tech team they are actively working on this issue. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

XOXO,
    Meuy

14. PLEASE Add Military Charities

I understand that users can't choose registry charities that aren't on your list. But please, please, please consider adding military, veteran, first responder, etc. organizations to your options in the near future. With over 100 options, it blows my mind that there's not a single military charity.

My fiance and many of our family members served in the military, and this would be the perfect opportunity to support all of them. Would it be that difficult to add just one? I sincerely hope you take the time to do this and support the people that fight for our freedom and…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

Unfortunately we don’t take requests to list specific charities. You will need to choose from our existing list, through our partner I Do Foundation. To learn more, please visit our Charity FAQ; https://www.theknot.com/registry/charity

Hopefully we’ll be able to make some changes to this in the future. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

15. Site is not working - Going slow - Wedding website is down

We do see the website is going slow and many wedding websites are not coming up this morning - so very sorry! Our Tech team is working on this urgently and we look forward to updating you all very soon with the all clear notice. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

XOXO
    Your Customer Experience Team

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Site is not working - Going slow - Wedding website is down

We do see the website is going slow and many wedding websites are not coming up this morning - so very sorry! Our Tech team is working on this urgently and we look forward to updating you all very soon with the all clear notice. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

XOXO
    Your Customer Experience Team

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Charities & Registry

I think it's awful that you offer zero charities for veterans or active duty military support. Consider how many couples you have that are military families. I'm really disappointed with the lack of options.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately we don’t take requests to list specific charities. You will need to choose from our existing list, through our partner I Do Foundation. To learn more, please visit our Charity FAQ; https://www.theknot.com/registry/charity

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

18. 10,000 is not inexpensive for a venue

Maybe the venues shouldnt get to pick which budget they go under ($-$$$$$) since they will choose the lowest amount just to be seen even to people who cannot afford them. Trying to plan a wedding on 4000 is not easy when I can see all these beautiful venues I would love to rent but can't.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Budgeter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

Our venues choose which pricing category they’d like to be listed under. So there is not a set price point for affordable, moderate, etc. rather the venue chooses to list themselves based on their rates and other rates in the area. It is a way for us to share with you price variations in a specific market. This is a great way to start off but as you narrow down your search some venues have pricing pdfs available on their storefront for more specific pricing details.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

19. Custom Domain redirecting to ‘The page you were looking for doesn't exist.’

Hi!

If your domain is currently active but it’s redirecting to ‘The page you were looking for doesn't exist.’ Our Tech team is aware of the issue and they are actively working with our domain Registrar to rectify the issue. As soon as the issue is fixed we’ll update you via email.

If you have any questions please email customer service at Help@theknot.com

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

The Customer Experience Team
    Meuy

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Thank you all so much for your patience and understanding.

Our Tech team was able to resolve the issue. Please allow 1-2 hours for our back end system to update. Please make sure to clear your cache and cookies before attempting to access your wedding website.

If for some reason you’re still encountering the error please let us know via email Help@theknot.com

Have a great weekend!
    Meuy

20. junior bridesmaid option

Have a Junior Bridesmaid option in the drop down menu.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for contacting us!

You should be able to override the current Role, if one is not available from our drop down menu.

Please let us know if there’s anything else we can assist you with.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

1 2 5 7 9 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base