The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1,565 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    247 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

2. Share with Spouse

I feel there should be a button or feature where once someone has created an account to plan their wedding it can be shared with their spouse or partner. That way they can add and share ideas even when they're not together.

532 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    66 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO

3. Online RSVP Issue

Hi there!

Thank you so much for checking in.

We are in the process of making some new enhancements to our RSVP & Guest List Manager. We are aware there are a few kinks to work out as this rolls out by the end of April. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience while we work through these changes. We definitely appreciate any feedback that we can pass along to our product team. I do apologize for any inconvenience and hope to have updates very soon!

If you don't mind, please help us track down the root cause of this…

381 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  83 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Changing name of +1 for guests

It would be great if the creator of the guest list can select a plus one option for the guests they are adding to their guest list, and then when what that said guest goes to RSVP, they have the option to add the name of their plus 1 (instead of the creator of the guest list having to change it later).

346 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    61 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

5. Guest Accommodations - Duplicated on Wedding Website

Members -

So many of you have already reached out regarding the appearance of duplication of your Guest Accommodations - Thank you for taking the time to let us know your feedback and what you are seeing on your website.

We recently made a change to the Accommodations page on Wedding Websites based on feedback we received from other couples and guests that they were having a hard time locating where to find the hotel accommodations in the scope of the website. Currently, you will see we are testing a few ways to make this more visible on websites for…

313 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    151 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi -

You’ve shared your feedback and we hear you – truly. After conversations with the Product Lead over our wedding website development, we have been assured that this team is working through the possible solutions to adjust and improve the appearance and function of the accommodations/ details tabs on your wedding websites.

The goal is still to create one specific area to manage your guest accommodations while still having some ability to personalize this feature. With this in mind, the Tech team knows that the biggest ask coming from our Couples is that there should not be any duplicate information appearing on the website under multiple tabs.

While we will not be rolling this back to how it was before and we know that many of you still frustrated that your site is going to appear a bit different than when you originally published the site, we do want…

6. Additional Theme Customizations

Several aspects of the website theme could be more customizable, such as font capitalization (instead of all caps), edit size/type of "and" between names (personally I'd prefer a fancy ampersand), edit size/type of countdown (the default is so tiny), and the option for social media icons on the home page (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc).

267 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    58 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2018 is going to be our year for more customization in our Wedding Website themes. This is still a work in progress, but we have done some user testing and are narrowing down our top features that need some love. Thank you for the feedback! It always helps to hear from members!

Enjoy!
    Keri

7. Have "Accept" or "Decline" rather than a checkmark or an X.

Customizable would be ideal, but I'm afraid that the X and checkmark options might be confusing. I'd like it to say "Accepts with Pleasure" or "Declines with Regret" or something along those lines.

251 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    54 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Your Customer Experience Team

8. RSVP

I was wondering if there was a way to customize the secure RSVP invites. I am using the Guest List Manager so that only people with invites can RSVP. However, it the guest enters their name differently than I did (for example if the guest types "Matt" vs "Matthew") the invite does not pop up. One way of resolving this may be to have the option to put in a nickname for the guest, so they can enter with either "Matt" or "Matthew." Is this feasible currently?

139 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    25 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

9. Send digital invitations directly from the Knot

HI, I want to be able to send e- invites directly from the knot. Sure my parents and grandparents might like a physical invite but lets be real, my friends are all going to throw them away. I'd rather be able to send digital invites but don't want to go to ANOTHER third party website to send the invites and then direct them here to RSVP. especially since most of them have their own RSVP feature.

Thanks,

137 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    43 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

10. RSVP form, Email Address Optional

Eliminate "email address" from the RSVP form OR state (optional) in the slot. Some guests do not have email addresses and it appears this info has to be filled out in order to find invite.

PLUS, there is no 'privacy policy' info to protect guests when prompted for their personal email address.

Also, guests may want to opt out of what may be an annoying email 'reminder' of a wedding.

125 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    36 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

11. Seating chart builder

Would be great to have a seating chart builder built in, I noticed Wedding Wire has one and if a new bride-to-be was comparing features that would be an easy sway.

124 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Thank you for checking in. Unfortunately we do not have an update yet for this idea yet. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will continue to keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Your Customer Experience Team

12. Website view counter

Hi is there an update to use a website view counter?? We’d all love that update!!!

122 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Why can't I add my own custom to-do items to the checklist?

It would be very helpful to be able to type in my own unique tasks to add to the checklist rather than choosing from your predetermined items.

117 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    41 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

14. [Favorites] I'd like to be able to create + manage my own boards and add to them.

I really don't like that I can't create or delete boards. I have an old one that didn't transfer over well but the board itself is still there. I'd like to delete it and make a new one, but the only one I can use right now is "Things I love" which is the automatic one.
    I also cannot move existing favorites into either of the boards. If I unfavorite and re-favorite, it just appears in the automatic board.

This is not helpful!

I used to love this site and left for a while because I was only thinking about…

109 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    33 comments  ·  Favorites + Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for contacting us!

We’re sorry that you’re having a bad experience with the new site and the transition of the Favorites tool. We plan to bring back the ability to create and manage your own boards.

For right now, you’ll only be able to manage from the one “Things I love” board. We can help to delete your old boards though, if you’d like. Please let us know if this is something you’d like to proceed with.

We appreciate your patience while we make these improvements.

Thanks,
    Katie

15. Ability to change color themes on wedding website

I wish I could customize the colors of my wedding website. Several of the website themes could work for my wedding theme, but none of them are close to the right colors. Considering I don't plan on buying the matching invitations, I feel like I should be able to customize the color theme.

107 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We definitely know this is an ask by many of our members. We continue to add more themes through the year to bring a broader theme set forward for all couples. Having the ability to change colors on our designs is something we hope to offer in the future. Thanks for asking the question – it helps our Design teams know how important this will be to bring forward.

XOXO,
    Keri

16. Budget Tool and Seating Chart

I'm not on board with the new budget tool/checklist/vendor list. The layout is very confusing, particularly with the budget tool. I wish there were a way to input the actual amount spent, and if it it less than recommended, the extra money not spent could be redistributed to a different category(ies) of my choice. I also use WeddingWire, and I really like their budget tool because it is set up that way, but I'm not crazy about the layout of their wedding websites/guest list manager. Perhaps I would only need to use The Knot if the budget tool were more…

106 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I really appreciate you taking time to send over this review of our budgeting product and the checklist in general. We are still working on updating this part of our site so that it is something all couples feel they can use and it will be in a format that makes sense and is helpful. I have already sent your feedback along to our Product Design team for them to look at this and make sure they take it into consideration as we move forward. We hope that you are able to find The Knot is a great tool for your planning needs and that we continue to add things that will enhance the process for you.

XOXO,
    Keri

17. 104 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    31 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

18. Moving / Duplicating / Dragging Pre-made Sub-Sections to a Different Page during Wedding Website Creation

I would like to move the "Things to Do" section with all of it's functionality to a new Wedding Website page I made, "Learn more about the venue," since I don't think it really belongs under "Details" and it is making my "Details" page insanely long, because all of our accommodation suggestions are on that page too.

Along the same lines, this would allow users to be able to duplicate the Things to Do page in order to create a Places to Eat page with the same functionality.

I believe this change was suggested before and was incorrectly marked as…

93 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  19 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. RSVP

I would really like to be able to alter the RSVP, add other requirements. We are asking guest to choose a song that they would like to hear at the wedding. Please let me know if there is another way of attaining this through the website. TIA.

90 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

20. RSVP

I'd like to see another RSVP option for site admins to add choices to the section. For example, if a guest wants beer instead of wine or vice versa, they can choose it in the RSVP and furthermore, it gives the site admin an idea of how much of what to get. Same thing with food. If someone chooses vegetarian over meat, I'd like to see that option.

87 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XO,
    Meuy

← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base