The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [General] The Knot should be more conducive to same-sex weddings.

I am in a lesbian relationship and getting married in May. I have been using your checklist, budgeter, and other parts of your website, and for the most part it is very helpful. However, one complaint I have is that I have to modify everything to remove the "groom" aspect and restructure it for two brides. It seems like this would be a fairly simple fix of having an alternative checklist for same-*** couples, probably one for men and one for women. I know The Knot tries to be inclusive but this is a pretty big oversight in terms of…

238 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  48 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [General] Bring back the old website

I cannot stand this new site. I was coming to the knot almost daily and now I haven't been on in months because of the change. Nothing ever loads or works properly, it's poorly designed, and difficult to navigate. I was so excited when I got engaged to be able to sign up for the knot finally, and now as I am currently wedding planning, I never want to use it anymore. Please have an option for switching back to the old format. You will make many a bride happy!

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. [General] Just a thought...expand to markets outside of the US.

I do not know whether you target market is restricted to the US but I am South African and have registered on this website. I enjoy the tips and ideas as well as the fact that it facilitates the planning process, but cannot make use of all the services the website provides. For example, there is no option for different currencies in the budgeting section nor for different languages when making a website. I think accommodating people from different countries could drastically increase the amount of people you reach.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Krista P. responded

Hi and thanks for getting in touch! Our target market is the US. We will keep you updated if we change plans to extend outside of the US.

Thanks again!

Krista

4. [General] The new website is borderline sexist.

This new website blows. As the groom, I have been using this website extensively, and found its Guest Manager and Website tools to be extraordinarily useful. I've accepted the fact that the wedding industry caters almost exclusively to females. Therefore, the number of articles and other features targeted towards men will be minuscule. After the website changed, however, I am unable to find anything on The Knot that is intended of a male audience. I find this disappointing, but not surprising.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. [General] The New Website is terrible.

The new website is terrible. I have had nothing but difficulty! The guest list manager is the absolute worst, and 90% of the time it doesn't even load. I met with my florist today, expecting to load all of my favorites on my phone, which I have easily done in the past with other vendors, but it kept saying that I don't have anything saved yet. This has been incredibly inconvenient. I am looking to begin using a different planning website. I really wish The Knot would go back to the old format. I agree with all of the other…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. [General] I'd like to see better privacy settings for my information.

My idea is that if i sign ip with "the knot" i only want the knot to do what was intended. Just sign up to where i have chosen to register, and show me possible vendors. This does not mean to have our names plastered on all sesrch engines, with a wedding dste attached, things happen. Not upset at that, because we are still together, not ste date yet. Is a matter of principal and PRIVACY that is huge in our families. Thank you!! Not all of us enjoy to be on the public eye.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. [General] There are limited planning tools for destination weddings.

I love the knot site but it limits you when attempting to plan a destination wedding. I've had to create boards and notes on a separate website to keep track.. which is also annoying not being able to have everything on 1 website..

Another thing I haven't seem to be able to do, is write extra notes/information regarding vendors or venues because its limited to America..

On the wedding website, I'm not able to put in a map because I'm forced to but in a US city/state...

Can you please expand on international options? Even if its just maps or…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for sending your feedback on The Knot !

We really appreciate hearing your thoughts on destination weddings and international features. It helps us prioritize things. If you have any specific ideas on the notes functionality you mentioned, definitely feel free to send them along!

In the mean time, check out The Knot’s Top 50 Destination Wedding Spots – https://www.theknot.com/content/best-destination-wedding-locations

Thanks again!
    Krista

8. Remove offensive article

This article is offensive, misogynistic, and should be removed immediately: https://www.theknot.com/content/a-grooms-guide-to-planning-a-wedding

In addition to being poorly written, it perpetuates the inaccurate female stereotypes related to wedding planning (and relationships in general). It is unacceptable that a website which claims to support love, planning, and PARTNERSHIP would post an article that glibly suggests that women are crazy ("she'll put a gun to your head" if you give your opinion), or somehow responsible for the lion's share of planning a celebration, while a groom's only responsibility is to "stay out of the way" and not **** someone else. Seriously? This is the…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We really appreciate you reaching out about this article. It was removed from our site on 1/24/18 after we did see a few comments related to this piece. It was an older piece that had not been reviewed in a long while and our editors did agree it was not something that we wanted to keep up and posted.

We will look forward to a fresh, up to date article being posted in the future that is much more contemporary and not offensive to any part of the wedding couple.

Thank you again for your patience, and understanding while we had this removed.

xoxo,
    Keri

9. Generally Bad Programming

This site takes longer to load than anything else on the entire internet! I can't get anything done when it freezes, and that happens practically immediately once the website finally loads. It is so frustrating to use this for managing my guest list. I just hope my guests aren't as annoyed as I am when they RSVP. Website looks beautiful and has tons of good ideas. The tools would be great if they worked better.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. [General] I miss the old "My Knot" menu dropdown.

It was so easy before to just use that drop down from any page I was on to get back to all my tools. In general the new website takes too many clicks to get where I want, instead of it all being available easily. The few options not in the 'more' along the top bar are things I've already done, and are very limited considering how many different things go into a wedding. I don't think the old website was cluttered at all and I don't understand why it was changed. I would like an option to just use…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Virus

Hi,
    I've noticed today that every time I log onto my wedding website or theknot.com account, I am continuously getting pop-ups from my antivirus software that a "BitCoin Miner" is trying to attack my hard-drive, from your website. I would get your software people to look into that if I were you! It's not good!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We truly appreciate you calling this out yesterday and letting us know that you received a malware alert while visiting our site. Some of our users, like yourself, were affected by a malware incident that occurred on the weekend of March 10th. Our tech team acted quickly to investigate and resolved the situation. Our initial investigation found no indication that customer privacy or security was compromised in any way. You can continue using our site and all of our services. If you haven’t done so already, we recommend that you clear your cache/cookies to get rid of the scripts that may have been running when you first visited our page yesterday. We have found that most anti-virus programs on your devices have likely cleared this already​, but doing another cache/cookie clearing is always a good step.

Here are instructions on how to to clear your browser cache:
    - Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

12. [General] I wish there was an iPad app.

I wish the app for iPads and tablets was a separate app and not just the iPhone app zoomed in. It's not easy to navigate and isn't as user-friendly as it could be. It makes wedding planning harder, not easier!!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I am so unhappy with this new site

Every time I log in I have to reset my password because it does not recognize it. This has been a terrible user experience. I am very annoyed now that on my invites I was going to use the Knot for RSVP' but I am now considering ordering new invites to avoid having to use this website.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. [General, Design] Visual handicaps, please make copy darker.

Wish the font was darker for the app, online & mobile. I've got visual handicaps & it certainly would help if the font was dark. With it being so light & thin it strains the eyes which makes it unpleasant to use. Thanks!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. [General, Vendor data]Remove vendors that are no longer in business.

As I was looking thru your websites as my daugher is getting married in January 2016, we were looking as some bridal shops, etc. there are some items no longer in business that are still listed on your website. You need to keep these feature current and up to date. Fancy Smancy bridal in Ephrata, PA had been out of business severarl years. please have a way when someone lists on your site that they remove themselves or contact you if they are no longer in business. This does not look professional to me if you are not keeping your…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. [General] I want to select a sub-menu item and can't.

The menu for the main site (desktop) does not work properly. Every time I try to look at the drop down, for example favors and gifts, it just goes to wedding favors and don't get the chance to select anything else!
    Very annoying

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Krista P. responded

Thanks for the feedback!

If you hover (don’t click!) on the menu item then click on an option within the menu, you will be directed to the page you selected. When you click the top level navigation, you will be directed to a topic page.

I hope that helps!

Thanks,

Krista

18. Bride/Groom sign in for same wedding

Some things are shared, some things are seperate.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

Unfortunately that is not an option we support at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We are always adding new options and hopefully this will be one that will be added in the near future.

Enjoy your planning!
    XO,
    Meuy

19. Racist and Bigoted Company's

I do not think you should support bigoted or raciest companys in your listing! I listed with your company when I was married 5 years ago and it was great. BUT you should not stand for this!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. AUS version & website redirection error

Good afternoon,

It would be amazing if you had an australian version, i have made a website anyway and been able to share it with family and friends but unfortunately i cant do anything on the go - i can only use the computer at home for the guest list and planning features as i get redirected to the apple store for au and cant install the mobile app. Also, because its US based i cant add my vendors and such but the websites i have found for aus are nowhere near as good as this one.

Just a thought.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

If you are in the AU network you will want to log in using this link: theknot.com/gs/weddingwebsites . This helps you avoid the redirect to WeddingClub. We know it is something that is hard to work around, but it should work for you.

Your guests will still be able to use the direct website URL you have given them already.

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base