The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

What's your idea for The Knot?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can we please work on fixing the phone app? I hate that I spent hundreds of dollars on engagement photos only to have them be stretched out.

First of all, I don't like the newest layout of the phone app. I liked having the photo and countdown all right there when you first open it. It's a bit more of a downer when you open the app and immediately see how much money you're dumping into the wedding. What if I'm logging in just to see the countdown? Anywho, that's not my main issue. When uploading a cover photo, it has me crop the image so that it's a square. However no matter what when you're done it's stretched out. This makes your app look very cheap…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

2. Checklist for more than one year

I'm planning my wedding 2 years in advance (it's in 2019) so when viewing my checklist, it only shows things to-do in the 12 months before our date. However for months that pass this year (ex. September 2017) it says they're past due. This is frustrating because they really aren't past due yet. Please make an edit so the checklist has years with each month.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

3. RSVP put the name of the guest on the email

When a RSVP email is sent it would be great to have the guests first name and last name on the email and that is the name they should use when finding their invitation.
    So basically it is like a mail merge and you can add fields to the emails.
    Even better if the RSVP email being sent out could have user defined fields eg {email} {firstname} and those details are taken from the guest manager information.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XO,
    Meuy

4. Including Pet Care into Timeline & Checklist

Hello!

I wanted to reach out today to see if there a way we could add hiring pet care to the wedding timeline you provide to couples getting married?

From my perspective, so many couples are now including their beloved fur babies in their wedding day celebrations. However, they really don’t know how to make it happen or when they should start to think about it. As a wedding day pet care supplier, this area is too often overlooked during the wedding planning phase and left to the last minute. Couples scramble to find care and then often forget things…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Ciera responded

Enjoy your planning!

5. Add Prefix and suffix fields for Guest List Manager

It would be great to have an additional field before the first name and after the last name to denote any formal headings/suffix for the guest (like Dr. or Honorable). This will be great when using this list to address my own invites, so I don't forget!

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

6. Budget update

I've removed quite a few options from my budget as i'm just doing a vow renewal and not all the pomp and circumstance. I really think the budget should update the "estimates" based on what i have left for a clearer picture. I swear it used to do that when i used it before? Just a thought.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Budgeter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Guest List - Lost contacts from my list - help!

We are so sorry some of you are finding that your Guest List has lost the guests you already had entered in. We are eager to find why this bug is causing this issue and we need a bit of your help. Please take a moment to answer the following questions and send it to us at help@theknot.com. We are eager to find a solution for you and many of our other couples.

Thank you for your help - and your patience.

xoxo,
    Customer Experience Team

Please copy/answer the following in your email:

Email address on your account:
    Names…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I need your address

There is a website call ineedyouraddress.com It allows you to use a link to your personal wedding page so that people can put in their address and information! It was a life saver when it came to combining addresses! I have suggested it to everyone I know. However, I would have loved to take the list from that website and be able to convert it into a guest list in theknot! Or be able to take the guest from the knot and put it in ineedyouraddress because they will create a PDF so you can print the labels for your…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

9. Thank You Cards Generated from the Newlywed Fund & The Knot

I am having my guests RSVP to the knot, and am also utilizing the Newlywed Fund. I love getting notified when money comes in, but it would be great if the Knot took it a step further.

When the email comes in that there is a new gift, there should be a call to action in the email that says "Write Your Thank You Card Now." The bride/groom can click this to write a meaningful gift while it is still fresh in their mind. The knot would store all thank you note messages in their system, along with the invitation…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

10. Ability to sort Newlywed fund

The gifts in our Newlywed Fund are sorted randomly (or at least there's no clear, discernible order). This means that, when I see a new gift was given, I have to scroll through all the other ones and try to pick it out so that we can make sure we thank everyone appropriately.

The Fund should be able to be sorted based on the gift, the date given, and or the giver's name.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Your Customer Experience Team
    Meuy

11. Please allow customization of the tools for location outside New York. Thanks.

Please remove restrictions on just the local vendors and allow users to add and describe the vendors of choice (outside of the US).

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

12. Move the RSVP button BELOW the ceremony and reception section.

We need guests to read the details of ceremony and reception before clicking the button-- it's not always obvious that they need to scroll down to read the details.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

13. allow me to add all household guests at once

I know you probably dont have enough incentive to provide keyboard shortcuts (though that would be fantastic...) but PLEASE just make it so i can add all guests at once!

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

14. Guest List should have Search Feature

I used to be able to type in a name into the guest list on the app and I could search it, now I have to endless scroll and rescroll looking for names.

It has made completing the thank you cards so much more difficult, since cards are typically only signed with first names. So I have to scroll looking for the name instead of just typing it in.

Please bring back the search feature!

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

15. A notification when guests with duplicate names are being imported into the guest list.

A "detected" notification for when guests with duplicate names are being imported into the guest list. It took me a while to figured out why 3 guests were missing in the GLM from my csv sheet. Allow guests with duplicate names.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

16. Save favorite articles!

Some of the articles that I find on the Knot for ideas and etiquette, I would love to be able to bookmark for later in one easy-to-find spot, like an "Articles" section of my profile.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Ideas + Etiquette  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

17. Provide a summary/highlight area above newlywed funds

Hi there!

I am using the Knot's newlywed fund as our honeymoon fund, but I really hate how I can't explain our honeymoon or why we are using this registry above our picked funds. Would you please be able to provide this option? Most honeymoon fund sites allow you to explain yourself above or before you have to click on the actual fund.

Thanks so much
    xx

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We really appreciate you sending over this feedback. Right now Newlywed Fund is only set up so your guests will see the details after they open each fund. We do encourage you to have a few fund tiles set up so that you can give a brief look inside to each of them. Maybe Honeymoon, Airfare, Dinner for Two, Parasailing…. whatever the adventure you dream of, it is good to give your guests some choices.

That being said, our team will look at this and see what they may be able to open up in the future.

xoxo,
    Keri

18. I would like to edit headers for the guest list when importing. I would also like to change the functions when guests RSVP from "email" to #

I would like to edit headers for the guest list when importing. I would also like to change the functions when guests RSVP from "email" to "phone number". You should be able to edit what the RSVP says to guests.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

19. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Ciera responded

Enjoy your planning!

20. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

• Don't see your idea?

The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Feedback and Knowledge Base