The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make it easier to find save or hearted items

I can’t find my hearted dresses anywhere, which makes it so difficult and extremely time consuming to have to look for my dresses and save them to a different website.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Checklist percentage in app

It would be helpful if you could view your percentage complete in the app like you can on the website.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Ciera responded

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!

3. Time zone change

We made a time line for our wedding in Texas, but then when we got to the destination of our wedding, which was in a different time zone, the whole timeline was moved forward an hour to match with the new time zone.
    This is not helpful, because we had already planned in the time zone. So we had to manually go back and adjust the timeline again, which is not something you want to do the week of the wedding.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Fonts Preview: update in settings area

In the change theme settings page, where you can choose fonts and colors, the font of the sample text should update instantly like the color does. Choosing each one blindly and clicking preview is a lot of extra clicking.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

5. allow more than one email address per guest

I have many guests for whom I have more than one email address. I don't know which one is the best for them, the one they check and the one that is old and neglected. I want to be able to send emails to all of their addresses and NOT have them come up as duplicate guests with the same name. Then if they search for themselves by name, the guest list manager comes back and says "there is more than one John Smith. Please contact the bride and groom to RSVP". Or something to that effect. Not cool. This…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

6. Gendered language in registry survey

Hello,
    This note is in response to a survey I received via email titled "What were your wedding registry essentials? Tell us!"

I would like to register my disgust at the hetero-normative language that was used throughout this survey. I have accepted that 99% of the photos on the Knot feature a heterosexual couple (the vast majority of those being white too) and understand that there are fewer LGBT weddings occurring across the country. It has made me feel marginalized in my own wedding planning, but I understood and accepted it.

What I will not accept is the blatant use…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customer Service  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you. Not only for taking time out of your day to send this very important note, but for calling this out to us at all. We are definitely trying to make strides on our site so that all couples feel welcome and valued at The Knot. We just have a few areas that are either being overlooked or that haven’t had the full update yet. This is definitely one of them.

I have already sent your feedback along to our Research and Marketing teams so we can make sure this is quickly on our priority list. I am very sorry you did not feel welcomed by our site when taking this quiz – that you felt we did not value you as a couple and that we did not value this enough to have made this change earlier. Thank you, again, for giving us an opportunity to see this…

7. Hair and makeup timeline

The suggested timeframe for booking hair and makeup is way off. I have been in the hair industry for 20 years and we have always booked a year in advance. I’m noticing more problems due to Brides following the suggested 3-4 months in advance timeframe. Please correct.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!

8. It would be super helpful if there was some sort of search function (or more easily accessible search function) for the knot blogs/articles.

It would be super helpful if there was some sort of search function (or more easily accessible search function) for the knot blogs/articles. There are certain things that I am having a difficult time finding without a search function (i.e. advice to pick a wedding band or DJ)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Blog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

9. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

10. power tools in registry

Power tools or normal tools at home to be listed in the wedding registry tools. How do you not have any hand or power tools in here? You have 10 different categories for the kitchen. You even have "Kitchen Tools". I realize the person reading this isn't to blame, but this is really really sad. I really hope I missed something, and if I did I hope I get a reply about how awful I am for being so critical.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. A way to put "Funds" as an option for registry

Theres another registry site that allows the couple to not only have funds towards their honeymoon, but other big expensive items like home renovations, downpayment on a house, bigger furniture and the like. My fiancé and I have most of the small items one would request for their home. We would also much rather have money go towards our first home we are buying together for renovations and larger items like table and chairs than towards a honeymoon. I know we can go through the other site, but I would much rather go through the knot for everything instead of…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please include more of the LGBTQ community

Hello! I love your website/Instagram. It genuinely bothers me that you don't show more LGBTQ marriages, especially trans people. I'm a ******** woman. I want to see more inspiration for my own wedding where a woman is marrying a woman. Or a wedding where someone that might not be "passing" for the gender they identify with is getting married. We can't all have the money for full transitional therapy like Caitlyn Jenner. I also would love to see more handicapped weddings. I think it would mean a lot to a lot of people. Thanks, Davinica

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

13. Upload or add wedding guests from Facebook Please!

When we set up our free website can you please allow us to add guests through our Facebook contacts? My god it would make life so much easier.
    Plus let the guests as they confirm through the website add their own contact information and address. Your website makes so much more work for us brides.
    I've already got a migraine and I just set up my website a couple hours ago!
    So frustrated

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

14. My checklist and budgeter do not include purchasing or fitting a dress

I don't know if this is specific to me or if the website just doesn't include them for some reasons, but the checklist and budgeter do not include any info about purchasing or fitting dresses. I also noticed that my budgeter's recommended spending only accounts for less than 77% of my total budget, so I imagine that has something to do with it.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!

15. Wedding Day Timeline: Late Night

The wedding day timeline is a fantastic feature and the included "templates" are great! The only issue I've run into is that our wedding runs from 6PM to 2AM, and the timeline doesn't seem to handle the event rolling over to the next day very well. Maybe I'm missing a setting somewhere but it would be GREAT if I could put in real times for out schedule rather than hacking around it either by A) switching AM and PM (AM being the wedding day and PM being the day after) or B) just bunching up all the late night events…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!

16. How or we should be able to have access to share our countdown of our wedding date with Facebook

I want to be able to share my countdown with my Facebook friends. Is there any way we can have that option? To just join the knot with Facebook and maybe have a live countdown of days till we say I do?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

17. prenup

Hi The Knot!

I have loved using your service for my wedding checklist r all my wedding needs as it has helped me stay on track as well as very organized. I need notice one thing missing on the checklist that I deem is extremely important to have - a Prenuptial Agreement. I know it is an uncomfortable topic for a lot of couples but it is a conversation that needs to happen and it's important to include in your checklist so couples can begin the process far enough in advance. Of course not everyone needs to complete it, but…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ideas for The Knot LookBook App

It would be great to add the following categories to The Knot LookBook App:

-flower bouquets and arrangements, with filters for: what's in season in your area, types of bouquets, by flower type (with the option to select multiple flowers)

-wedding decor

-search colour schemes, it would be neat to be able to select a colour scheme and see a flow of images pertaining to that from bridesmaid dresses to decor ect.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Ideas + Etiquette  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Notebook capability

It's pretty frustrating that there doesn't seem to be a way for me to save information I find outside of the knot, on my knot account. At the very least there should be a "notes" function that allows me to write down ideas or URLs to websites that have things I like or photos i find, etc etc. This seems like an obvious function to have, if you want it to be the best online wedding planning tool available, so maybe it does exist and i missed it? It seems necessary to keep everything i find and every idea i…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

20. Just found out about being able to gather addresses via social media! So awesome! BUT... You cannot add those people via mobile device.

I'd love to be able to add guests from my collected addresses via mobile device. Being able to do it from my phone on the site would be great, and the app would be even better!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base