The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve household grouping

It's great that this website is free. It would just be a lot easier if I could select all the names in a household and click a 'group' button. Similarly, I made a bunch of changes, exported my list so that I could add my fiance's info in the same format and the import list format is different. You should be able to import in the same format as the export.

Also, when my guests provide their info via link, it adds them as a new guest, so when I delete the guest without the info (to keep track of…

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    12 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Thank you for checking in. Unfortunately we do not have an update yet for this idea yet. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will continue to keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Your Customer Experience Team

2. Printable

I would like the checklist to be printable. :) It would be able to sit down with my bridesmaids and detail out who is doing what when.
    Thanks

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Thank you for checking in. Unfortunately we do not have an update yet for this idea yet. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

*We do have a suggestion, if you would like to email us for more information. Please email us at Help@theknot.com

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

3. More same-*** couple inclusive

I find this website so helpful with budgeting and timelines! However, I wish there was a feature that would allow the userface to cater towards the genders of the couple. When signing up, I entered information stating that my role is the bride and my fiance's role is the bride but all language and features on the website are still geared toward straight couples. For example, I find it difficult to use the budget feature which assumes bridal attire and groom attire.

62 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  15 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Photo Albums

PLEASE bring back photo albums instead of everything having to be in one album.

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

5. The order of pictures in the Album should be as they are uploaded

How the albums organizes the pictures makes them all scattered. They should be viewed in the order that they are uploaded. I have pictures from years back next to a recent picture with how the layout is now. There appears to be three columns in the albums and I try to organize my pictures by the date they were taken, but the columns mix them up.

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

*We do have a suggestion, if you would like to email us for more information. Please email us at Help@theknot.com

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

6. Wedding Planning Dashboard

After I've selected my vendor and marked it as "booked" I no longer want to see suggestions for that category of vendors on my dashboard. For instance, I've booked my reception venue however when I view my dashboard, I see the "Focus on Reception Venues". It takes up a lot of real estate on the page but is no longer of use to me. Selecting "Booked" would be the trigger to remove it and alternatively, deselecting "Booked" would trigger it being visible again.

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

7. Cooper Stallion Media - Response From The Knot Worldwide

Copper Stallion Media is a videography company that was hired by Justin Montney and Alexis-Athena Wyatt for their wedding. Due to his fiance’s death, Justin Montney has requested that Copper Stallion Media refund to him the money that he paid Copper Stallion Media as a deposit for services for their wedding ceremony. It recently became known to us that the Copper Stallion Media account on The Knot and WeddingWire was created under a false identity. This violates our Terms of Use. As soon as we became aware, we took immediate action and removed Copper Stallion Media from our marketplaces on…

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Wedding Timeline - Custom "People"

Hi team,

It would be wonderful to have the ability to add custom "People" to the wedding timeline feature. There is this feature in the "Role" field on guests, but these custom roles do not carry over into the timeline section. Enabling this feature will allow for more options such as Best Woman, Mother/Father of the Bride/Groom, etc.

To me, the best option would be to allow users to select individual guests and/or groups of people. Then they could make micromanage or plan broadly. :)

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

9. Guest List Manager Personal Notes

Allow the RSVP Personal notes on the website. It's frustrating to only get them via email and very hard to track. Especially since only I have my email linked and not the groom. I almost missed them because I thought these were only notification emails not knowing they were the only place I would see the notes.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Meuy responded

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

10. Let people put in more than one Vendor for each category

For some categories, like Beauty, I have hired more than one person, but I am only able to input one vendor. For instance, I have separate hair and makeup people, but it does not allow me to put both in as hired vendors. Even on the Wedding Day Timeline, I try to put the makeup vendor in separately, and it always ends up changing it to my organist for some reason. Please fix this!

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Meuy responded

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

11. Ability to embed video to wedding website

I would love to be able to directly embed our engagement video to the website (similar to the way photos can be uploaded directly, if we could directly upload a video).

I don't want to link to youtube or anything like that as I only want to show the video to people with our website access.

This would be an amazing feature - I know lots of couples have engagement/wedding videos to share!

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

12. Destination Wedding

You should be able to add a destination wedding location to your wedding website.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Merged  ·  0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Be able to Customize Dashboard

Agreeing with a comment below that < I've already booked my venue and no longer need to focus on it > so it would be great if I could choose and move which blocks I want at the top at that particular time - let me choose what I am focusing on

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

14. Add PayPal to your payment options

I was surprised to see you didn't have an option to use PayPal. Thats all I use now for online payments.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

15. Search bar

There needs to be a search bar on theknot.com website. It is extremely annoying (and time consuming) to scroll through all the articles to find te advice I need. For example, right now I am trying to find an article about who is supposed to give speeches at the rehearsal dinner. Instead of a simple search of the word "speech," I am now scrolling through TONS of advice articles ranging for bachelorette party ideas, to color choosing, to dressing a dog up for the wedding. Please add a search bar on your webiste!!

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

16. Gift-Giver info for thank yous?

Is there a way to, or there should be a way to identify who sent what gifts from the registry...

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

17. Charity Choices

To whom this may concern,

I notice there are pro-choice organizations but no pro-life equivalent organizations as charity to be selected to support. I would love to see The Knot branch out and add equivalents instead of being skewed with certain charities that are secular.

Is there a way to recommend a certain organization? I work at one of the largest non-profit pregnancy resource centers in Texas and was trying to find it as a charity or one of similar nature to support my passion.

Thank you for your attention in this matter.

Thank you,
    Rachel

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

18. Invite Sent check box missing from new guest list manager

Since the update to the new guest list manager, the "invite sent" check box is no longer present.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

19. Date format flexibility

Hi. I’m Australian. We use a DD/MM/YYYY date format i.e. 17 December 2020 would be 17.12.2020 but the USA would use the format of 12.17.2020.
    The USA format would confuse my family and friends. Can the date format on the website be modified to suit the Australian format? Thanks.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

20. Links to Events to RSVP?

I'd love to send a private link to the people just in the rehearsal dinner for them to RSVP to. I don't want to leave it open to everyone...

Is this possible?

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base