The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A way to put "Funds" as an option for registry

Theres another registry site that allows the couple to not only have funds towards their honeymoon, but other big expensive items like home renovations, downpayment on a house, bigger furniture and the like. My fiancé and I have most of the small items one would request for their home. We would also much rather have money go towards our first home we are buying together for renovations and larger items like table and chairs than towards a honeymoon. I know we can go through the other site, but I would much rather go through the knot for everything instead of…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please include more of the LGBTQ community

Hello! I love your website/Instagram. It genuinely bothers me that you don't show more LGBTQ marriages, especially trans people. I'm a ******** woman. I want to see more inspiration for my own wedding where a woman is marrying a woman. Or a wedding where someone that might not be "passing" for the gender they identify with is getting married. We can't all have the money for full transitional therapy like Caitlyn Jenner. I also would love to see more handicapped weddings. I think it would mean a lot to a lot of people. Thanks, Davinica

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

3. Upload or add wedding guests from Facebook Please!

When we set up our free website can you please allow us to add guests through our Facebook contacts? My god it would make life so much easier.
    Plus let the guests as they confirm through the website add their own contact information and address. Your website makes so much more work for us brides.
    I've already got a migraine and I just set up my website a couple hours ago!
    So frustrated

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

4. Update the list of wedding dresses

After searching for months, I finally found THE dress on your website. It's part of the Wilderly Bride collection, specifically the Jade. Imagine my heartbreak when I click the link to the vendor website and it's a dress they no longer make. Someone really needs to clean up the website and remove discontinued dresses. I can't think of the last time I was this disappointed.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. My checklist and budgeter do not include purchasing or fitting a dress

I don't know if this is specific to me or if the website just doesn't include them for some reasons, but the checklist and budgeter do not include any info about purchasing or fitting dresses. I also noticed that my budgeter's recommended spending only accounts for less than 77% of my total budget, so I imagine that has something to do with it.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Ciera responded

Enjoy your planning!

6. Wedding Day Timeline: Late Night

The wedding day timeline is a fantastic feature and the included "templates" are great! The only issue I've run into is that our wedding runs from 6PM to 2AM, and the timeline doesn't seem to handle the event rolling over to the next day very well. Maybe I'm missing a setting somewhere but it would be GREAT if I could put in real times for out schedule rather than hacking around it either by A) switching AM and PM (AM being the wedding day and PM being the day after) or B) just bunching up all the late night events…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Ciera responded

Enjoy your planning!

7. How or we should be able to have access to share our countdown of our wedding date with Facebook

I want to be able to share my countdown with my Facebook friends. Is there any way we can have that option? To just join the knot with Facebook and maybe have a live countdown of days till we say I do?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

8. prenup

Hi The Knot!

I have loved using your service for my wedding checklist r all my wedding needs as it has helped me stay on track as well as very organized. I need notice one thing missing on the checklist that I deem is extremely important to have - a Prenuptial Agreement. I know it is an uncomfortable topic for a lot of couples but it is a conversation that needs to happen and it's important to include in your checklist so couples can begin the process far enough in advance. Of course not everyone needs to complete it, but…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ideas for The Knot LookBook App

It would be great to add the following categories to The Knot LookBook App:

-flower bouquets and arrangements, with filters for: what's in season in your area, types of bouquets, by flower type (with the option to select multiple flowers)

-wedding decor

-search colour schemes, it would be neat to be able to select a colour scheme and see a flow of images pertaining to that from bridesmaid dresses to decor ect.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Ideas + Etiquette  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Notebook capability

It's pretty frustrating that there doesn't seem to be a way for me to save information I find outside of the knot, on my knot account. At the very least there should be a "notes" function that allows me to write down ideas or URLs to websites that have things I like or photos i find, etc etc. This seems like an obvious function to have, if you want it to be the best online wedding planning tool available, so maybe it does exist and i missed it? It seems necessary to keep everything i find and every idea i…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

11. Just found out about being able to gather addresses via social media! So awesome! BUT... You cannot add those people via mobile device.

I'd love to be able to add guests from my collected addresses via mobile device. Being able to do it from my phone on the site would be great, and the app would be even better!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

12. Kohl's Registry changing on January 31, 2019

Dear Kohl's Registrants,

We're reaching out to inform you that as of January 31, 2019, your Guests' view of your Kohl's registry on The Knot will look slightly different. This is due to the conclusion of Kohl's partnership with The Knot. We will be removing all synced Kohl's registry items and instead providing a link for Guests to click out and shop your registry directly on Kohls.com. This means that Kohl's will appear as a manually added registry and their individual items will no longer be available on your registry link or your wedding website page.

We sincerely apologize in…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. New Budget Calculator

Hello,
    I wanted to point out that your budget calculator is not great for big city weddings. I live in NYC and I put down a wedding budget of $25,000 and your calculator told me my venue should only be $2,000 - this does NOT exist in NYC. It might be nice to have two kinds of budget calculators available - one for small town USA and one for larger cities.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Budgeter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

14. Color names instead of numbers

I love the color palette I made on your site but I'm having a terrible time trying to find inspiration or things to match it without having color names to search. I even tried searching the numbers you've provided and nothing comes up! A color name would be way more efficient!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

15. Please, please, please separate the Officiant and Premarital Counseling Category.

These are two VERY different services and it is very confusing to your clients because they believe the vendors in this category do both. It is also highly unethical for officiants to say that they provide premarital counseling or coaching services when they are not qualified (licensed and/or certified). There should be a separate vendor category of Premarital Counseling and Coaching where only qualified professionals can be listed. We are only Premarital Counselors but have to be in the "Officiants + Premarital Counseling" category and we are still being contacted to officiate weddings when we don't say anywhere that we…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Give more information on all inclusive venues

It was hard to figure out what to budget for each category when my venue was all inclusive (food, open bar, flower, dj, cake, decorations). this also made it difficult to answer survey questions accurately.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Budgeter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

17. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I would like the ability to block vendors from messaging me.

There is a vendor that will not stop messaging me even after I have repeatedly told them that I booked someone else and to stop contacting me. I would like to be able to block obnoxious vendors like this.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Local Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

19. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

20. Unique Passcode for each guest

I want to provide guests with their own unique passcode - which will be used as an additional authentication / security when RSVPing with First Name + Last Name.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base