The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I would like the ability to block vendors from messaging me.

There is a vendor that will not stop messaging me even after I have repeatedly told them that I booked someone else and to stop contacting me. I would like to be able to block obnoxious vendors like this.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Local Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

3. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

4. Unique Passcode for each guest

I want to provide guests with their own unique passcode - which will be used as an additional authentication / security when RSVPing with First Name + Last Name.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

5. Idea: use a dictionary

Look up the word "song" in the dictionary, please. Songs have words, lyrics which are—get this!—sung. If a piece of music has no sung lyrics, it is, in fact, not a song. I am looking for songs...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

6. Purchasing Wedding Dress - Timeline

The time you recommend to purchase your wedding dress in is NOT ACCURATE!!! You make an appointment AT LEAST 9 months in advance, so you need more time. If not SOONER!!! You want to leave room for alterations, deciding color and styles for your Bridesmaids (which can take up to 6 Months to order), the Groom and Groomsmen and also the Mothers. That takes time and you want to make sure to have your gown selected before that. It sets the tone for the whole style and look of your day, 2nd only to the venue. So, not something that…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

7. Remove right click option on photos

Hi, it would be good to remove the right click options on photos that we upload. Though we may be happy to share photos we may not want someone to right-click and save the photo.

Also would be nice to have more edit control when adding the venue option. Be able to make wording bigger or change font would be a good start.

Being able to change font throughout whole website would be great!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Provide ability to block a conversation in the inbox

We contacted a vendor and had a few messages back and forth. Then we decided on a different vendor and politely informed them that we did not need their services any more. I don't know if they missed that message from us or were ignoring it, but they continued messaging us over and over, almost like spamming us. It would be helpful if there was "block" button or a "spam" flag, like in an email inbox.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

10. Already home owners

In today's society many people are living together and buying homes before spending thousands of dollars on weddings. Understanding this is not the traditional way, it's still extremely common. My fiancé and myself already have purchased a home as well as combined our two previous homes so we have 2-3 of everything that most traditional brides may not have and need. Us on the other hand are working on our first home and Lowe's has become our most commonly shopped at store. It would be a great idea for the knot to add an option for couples like myself whose…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

11. Guest list manager update is not so great

I lost about ten guests in the import- so I had to print out the old one and go through one by one to find out who I'm missing. This would be easier if guests were organized in the same format as the old list. I'll probably just switch to Excel from here on out. Not impressed.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We truly appreciate all the feedback we have been getting on the new Guest List Manager. We know that the old manager had a few more features and we are continuing to work on improving the GLM and the RSVP features on our new site builder. Your feedback is being considered and we truly hope you see some improvements in the next few weeks/months to come. If you have a specific question that we can help you with now, please email our team at help@theknot.com. We are happy to look at your specific account and see if we can help at all.

Thanks everyone – for your patience and understanding.
    Keri

12. Allow Registries to be nested under Details

I'd prefer my registries to not be a top-level page, but rather nested under Details, so it looks less important.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

13. Alphabetical sorting by first or last name

This used to be by first name, and since I have numbered and sent out my invitations you have switched the sort to by last name. I am sure that for most people this is a more natural sort, but the change was made without any notice and will make double checking the responses from everyone much harder for me.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

14. Budgeter Changes

the new budgeter page makes it difficult to keep track of and sort total budget.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Budgeter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

15. Ability to Block Vendors

I think it would be helpful to have the option to block vendors who keep sending messages despite being told they are sending them to the WRONG person. I originally sent an inquiry to Edgewood Country Club asking if they were available for my date. Mark Kennedy replied. SInce that time, he has sent an invoice, a demand for payment and now another invoice. I've called and left 2 voicemails for him, replied via theknot and am tired of receiving messages from him. I never booked any services with him or his establishment and certainly DO NOT owe him any…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

16. Accommodation details from guest

Along with the food choice during RSVP, I would like to see a required comment section where guest is asked to provide the name of their hotel and the dates of their stay. This would help me organize my destination wedding but would also be useful in distribution of welcome bags, etc.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

17. Ride Share or Carpooling Webpage or Board

As a guest who has been to over 35 weddings in the past 4 years, I think it would be SUPER useful if couples had the option to have a "ride share/carpooling" board on their Knot webpages. This would save me (and others like me, who do not drive) so much strife when trying to coordinate rides through the couple themselves, especially if the wedding is not located near mass transit.
    I'm not sure if you even offer this feature to couples, for I have not seen one, but I do know that majority of couples I have spoken to…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

18. Would like to be able to filter venues by location and miles

It would be great to be able to filter by location. When I type in Jacksonville, Florida I don't want to see venues in Tallahassee, Florida. Perhaps a "x miles away" filter?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Filters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

19. Suggestion for filter options

It would be really helpful to have color as one of the filter criteria. Many brides are specifically looking for dresses that are NOT white or ivory.

Also, it would be nice to have filters/sorting options for Favorites, allowing for comparison. Thanks!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Cannot connect to registry

This page eloped!
    Sorry, we can't find the page you're looking for... FIX THIS PLEASE!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base