The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Accommodation details from guest

Along with the food choice during RSVP, I would like to see a required comment section where guest is asked to provide the name of their hotel and the dates of their stay. This would help me organize my destination wedding but would also be useful in distribution of welcome bags, etc.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

2. Ride Share or Carpooling Webpage or Board

As a guest who has been to over 35 weddings in the past 4 years, I think it would be SUPER useful if couples had the option to have a "ride share/carpooling" board on their Knot webpages. This would save me (and others like me, who do not drive) so much strife when trying to coordinate rides through the couple themselves, especially if the wedding is not located near mass transit.
    I'm not sure if you even offer this feature to couples, for I have not seen one, but I do know that majority of couples I have spoken to…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

3. Would like to be able to filter venues by location and miles

It would be great to be able to filter by location. When I type in Jacksonville, Florida I don't want to see venues in Tallahassee, Florida. Perhaps a "x miles away" filter?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Filters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

4. Suggestion for filter options

It would be really helpful to have color as one of the filter criteria. Many brides are specifically looking for dresses that are NOT white or ivory.

Also, it would be nice to have filters/sorting options for Favorites, allowing for comparison. Thanks!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to match background and invitation colors

It is so nice to be able to have the option to match your invitations with your theme. But you can only change the color of the background on the invitations, not the website background. It would be perfect to be able to change the colors, and to any color you want so it can match your wedding colors instead of a select few.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Venues

When listing out vendors and their amenities. It would be helpful to know if they have kosher catering or if they allow outside kosher catering. As a filter to apply when searching your website. "Party Space" has that listed you should add to yours.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

7. image

Can I post an image in the Registry Web Page?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

8. I don't like that the checklist won't let me save a completed item unless it recognizes the vendor. I want to check these items off!!!

I don't like that the checklist won't let me save a completed item unless it recognizes the vendor. I want to check these items off because they are done and I have someone to DJ that is local and isn't on the knot vendors and shouldn't have to be to be able to check the item off my checklist! So frustrating, and I have just started putting someone random in because it won't let me save the actual person because they aren't in the system.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

9. More than one picture for Wedding Party!

I want to be able to add more than one picture for my Wedding Party on our website. I think it's silly you can only add one, especially now a days where pictures are such a huge deal what with throwbacks, selfies, etc.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

10. Make the inbox easier to get to

It’s freaking impossible to find your inbox on mobile website or app. I’m very computer savvy and I’m having serious issues finding something that should be at the top right corner of every page. Ridiculous.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Ciera responded

Enjoy your planning!

11. I wish that you could browse and save articles on the app!

It’s super irritating that if I see an article I’m interested in I have to go through my phone browser instead of just opening on the app! I would love to just keep everything in one spot for wedding planning.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

12. I just tried the "request quote" button for several venues and found a bug.

The prepopulated value in the datepicker is not valid.

Steps to reproduce:

Open TheKnot while signed into account.
    Go To Venues + Receptions -> Wedding Reception Venues.
    Open a venue.
    Click request quote.
    Click in the "Wedding Date" box
    Click outside the wedding date box (but still in the popup so that the Send Message popup does not go away).

Expected results: Date is confirmed, everything works, and messages can be sent.

Actual Results: Red error saying "Wedding Date is required" and an inability to Send Message

Workaround:
    Click "My Knot"
    Click Edit Date
    Select date
    Copy Date to clip…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Krista P. responded

Thank you for the step-by-step explanation! It helps us us replicate and fix the issue. This is one we are working on and will have an update soon.

Hope you had a great weekend!

Krista

13. Registry- gift received on mobile app

I would like the moble app to be able to show you who sent money to your newly wed fun. Right now you really need to sign into the website to see this information.

Thanks

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for contacting us!

We have heard similar feedback from other couples. We do plan to add this option in the future.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

14. Filters for dress browsing- make it so that you can select more than one search option in each search category

It would be great if when browsing dresses, we could select more than one parameter for example price- I would like to see all dresses from $500-$1200 but as it is I can only look at dresses from 500-799 or whatever it is. For all parameters it would be great to select more than one option within a category. Thanks! :D

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Filters  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Your review section

There should be an entire section for your personal reviews in your account. That way you can update/edit them without having to comb through the company's site.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

16. Is there a way to use Touch ID to log in?

Touch ID login would be a nice convenience if possible :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

17. Please update your valid email checker to allow the "+" in the email address, as this is a valid character.

Please update your email validation rules to allow the "+" which is a valid character within email addresses.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

18. Guest Book - Reorder list

I would like to be able to click and drag the order of my guest lists.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The Knot should offer guest an opportunity to, congratulate couples, and share their memorable stories.

Either a close friend or family member could compose these messages for a surprise presentation to the bride and grooms at their reception. It would also be very helpful for guest who may not be able to come to the wedding. It would give all the guest and opportunity to share their memories instead of just the best man and maid of honor.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Ideas + Etiquette  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

20. Clickable dropdown menus in navigation bar

It would be great if the dropdown from "Planning Tools" in the top navigation bar was clickable so that I could get to the checklist and other planning features in 1 click rather than 2

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base