The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. RSVP Reply by Date

The RSVP location on the website is great! But to keep all the RSVP information in one section may I suggest displaying the RSVP Reply by due date within the RSVP section when the RSVPs are being collected? I found that when my RSVPs were on for collection the due date was not displayed. Even though this information is on the invitation, I feel it would be beneficial to my guests to have this date listed under or above the RSVP button.

Thank you

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    6 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Your Customer Experience Team

2. household

There used to be a place on the guest list manager that showed the number of households to be able to get the number of invitations to send but this has been removed.

It makes it VERY difficult to see how many invitations we need based off of the current view.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!

XOXO,

3. Please provide a check both for Save the Date sent

You already provide boxes for invitation and thank you card sent, but, not Save the Dates. Since this is a popular item to send, it seems like you would offer that. I had to track my Save the Dates on a spreadsheet rather than the app.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Meuy responded

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

4. Add a password to the RSVP page only

I do not want to make my whole wedding website private, but I would like to make just the RSVP page private. Currently, even when using the Secure RSVP setting, when the website as a whole is not password protected, anyone in the world can type in "Michael" for example and RSVP for anyone named Michael on the guest list. It would be nice to make the RSVP page only private without having to make the whole website private.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

5. Is there a way to have multiple emails for a household? While they may share a mailing address most do not share an email address.

Allow users to create individual contacts then merge in to a household. Currently households only allow one email address. While they may share a mailing address they do not share email addresses.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!

6. Canadian Accounts

My fiancé and I already live together so the main thing we need help with is money for our honeymoon. We set up a cash fund on TheKnot but unfortunately we cannot route the funds since we live in Canada. Just wondering if and/or when routing Canadian accounts will become an option!!

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there!

Thank you for reaching out about The Knot Cash Fund. This is still a very new addition to The Knot and we are excited so many couples are looking at using this for their cash registry solution.

Right now, the Cash Fund is limited to being linked to a physical stateside Bank accounts both for the couple and for the guest. This means that a US account is required to set up the fund and a US issued credit card will need to be used to make a gift for a couple.

We are hearing from a few couples and guests that are other places in the world and would love to know when this might open up to their countries and banks. For now, the US banks will be required, but we are definitely looking at an international option and keeping track of where these requests are…

7. Contact Info on RSVP

When things are set up for the RSVP, it would be nice to also be able to use it as a contact information collection. I know that you have a contact list collector, but I am sending out the invitation with the link for RSVP (so I have all the mailing info) but I am thinking other info that families may be interested in collecting when getting together as a group... birthdates, wedding dates, or changing of address, etc

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Thank you for checking in. Unfortunately we do not have an update yet for this idea yet. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will continue to keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

8. Hashtag

Provide a space under the couples name on the wedding website for them to add their wedding hashtag. This way all the guests know exactly what the hashtag is prior to entering the wedding.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Thank you for checking in. Unfortunately we do not have an update yet for this idea yet. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

*We do have a suggestion, if you would like to email us for more information. Please email us at Help@theknot.com

We will continue to keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

9. Timeline for two brides

It would be great if the Timeline allowed for "Bride & Bride" so that one of us does not have to be referred to as "Groom". (Same for the other way around!) I was very disappointed today when trying to set my wedding timeline and could not select two brides.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

10. Please bring back 'frozen' headers feature on website

The Knot used to have an amazing wedding website feature, where even if you scrolled to the bottom on the page, the headers for your different website sections would still appear at the top of them page. I do not understand why you removed this feature with your 2020 product release, can you please, please bring this feature back?

This was such a great feature! Please consider bringing this back!

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!

XOXO,

11. Same Gender Marriage

In addition to what others have said and voted with regards to offering same gender marriages customization, the language and ideas received in emails should reflect the same or be more specific to the users' profile.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Meuy responded

This is a great suggestion! We will definitely pass this along to our Product Design team for consideration.

Enjoy the site!
    XO,
    Meuy

12. International Information

You provide a few articles on having a destination wedding but I would love if you included more. Branch out and include vendors and info for the actually planning of a destination wedding. Obviously you can't include every vendor in every city but maybe the bigger ones like Paris, Fiji, Australia, ect. Also let the Newlywed Fund include international banks and currency!

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

13. [Name Order] Allow putting my partner's name first

I (the groom) created our account on The Knot, so, naturally, when you asked for "Your name," I put my name. However, it is traditional for the bride's name to appear first. Lacking this feature, I had to go through and redo a bunch of stuff on your site because I filled in the requested information without realizing that you would put my name first (like on our web site, with the wedding party, in the URL of the web site, etc.).

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

14. The Knot Cash Fund.... great idea, not very well executed.

Instead of having to search through the countless items on the registry, maybe have the icon on the top be a direct link to the pop up? Definitely not easy to find.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

15. I don't want the schedule page to be the home page of my website

I want the option to move the default starting page down from the initial slot on my website. It's the only place that I can add events, and I want my schedule to not be the landing page - that's what a welcome message is supposed to be for.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Ciera responded

Enjoy your planning!

16. Add options for weddings from other cultures

I find it very discouraging as a person planning a South Asian Muslim wedding. There are a total of 5 halal vendors listed in New York City and there are no options to plan for a Haldi ceremony and Mehendi ceremony. I think that this website should add options for weddings that follow other cultures seeing as my website and theme is so bland and boring without the option. I want to be excited to plan with the Knot, but this issue is definitely not helping my experience.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!

17. Remove right click option on photos

Hi, it would be good to remove the right click options on photos that we upload. Though we may be happy to share photos we may not want someone to right-click and save the photo.

Also would be nice to have more edit control when adding the venue option. Be able to make wording bigger or change font would be a good start.

Being able to change font throughout whole website would be great!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Including Pet Care into Timeline & Checklist

Hello!

I wanted to reach out today to see if there a way we could add hiring pet care to the wedding timeline you provide to couples getting married?

From my perspective, so many couples are now including their beloved fur babies in their wedding day celebrations. However, they really don’t know how to make it happen or when they should start to think about it. As a wedding day pet care supplier, this area is too often overlooked during the wedding planning phase and left to the last minute. Couples scramble to find care and then often forget things…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!

19. It would be great for the couple and their guests to be able to post messages back and forth on a wedding wall. I think the app should have

It would be great for the couple and their guests to be able to post messages back and forth on a wedding wall. I think the app should have a chat function as well as the option for private messages. It’s should be easy to select who the messages go to, everyone, one person, or a selected group.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

20. It would be nice if the knot eventually offered up multicultural style wedding planning

I am planning an Indian wedding and my use of the knot website is extremely limited in terms of decor, vendors, etc. I love the setup of the website but unfortunately will not be able to make use of all of the features as they only cater to a specific crowd. Also, in selection of wedding location, it would be nice just to be able to select a location not in the states, even if the knot is unable to provide suggestions for venues or vendors in that area.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base