The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Favorites] I want to favorite images that come in search results.

Why can't I like photos I come across in search???

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Favorites + Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for the feedback!

We are working on a solution that will allow brides to favorite images in more places across the site. Depending on what we learn about how brides engage with the Favorite button on images, will we start to add it in new places.

Thanks again and look out for updates and improvements!

Krista

2. Can you make bullet points when typing in the description text boxes?

When typing information about the hotel accommodations i wish to add bullet points to lay out the different information

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a regular “search” to your website.

It’s always great to be able to just search the website using keywords. It’s a standard “must have” for a modern website.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Meuy responded

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

4. Including Pet Care into Timeline & Checklist

Hello!

I wanted to reach out today to see if there a way we could add hiring pet care to the wedding timeline you provide to couples getting married?

From my perspective, so many couples are now including their beloved fur babies in their wedding day celebrations. However, they really don’t know how to make it happen or when they should start to think about it. As a wedding day pet care supplier, this area is too often overlooked during the wedding planning phase and left to the last minute. Couples scramble to find care and then often forget things…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Ciera responded

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!

5. Personalize the address collector

I wish we could personalize the address collector like you can do on minted.com

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Your Customer Experience Team

6. wedding website

Wedding website is not working

When I go to type in the URL, it won't let me continue. I typed in the url that I had assigned that I saw on the app on my phone, but it gives an error saying it can't find that URL. I've been trying to make it work for a few days and can't get past selecting a theme.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. It would be nice if the knot eventually offered up multicultural style wedding planning

I am planning an Indian wedding and my use of the knot website is extremely limited in terms of decor, vendors, etc. I love the setup of the website but unfortunately will not be able to make use of all of the features as they only cater to a specific crowd. Also, in selection of wedding location, it would be nice just to be able to select a location not in the states, even if the knot is unable to provide suggestions for venues or vendors in that area.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

8. Ability to sort Newlywed fund

The gifts in our Newlywed Fund are sorted randomly (or at least there's no clear, discernible order). This means that, when I see a new gift was given, I have to scroll through all the other ones and try to pick it out so that we can make sure we thank everyone appropriately.

The Fund should be able to be sorted based on the gift, the date given, and or the giver's name.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Your Customer Experience Team
    Meuy

9. Add options for weddings from other cultures

I find it very discouraging as a person planning a South Asian Muslim wedding. There are a total of 5 halal vendors listed in New York City and there are no options to plan for a Haldi ceremony and Mehendi ceremony. I think that this website should add options for weddings that follow other cultures seeing as my website and theme is so bland and boring without the option. I want to be excited to plan with the Knot, but this issue is definitely not helping my experience.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!

10. Provide a summary/highlight area above newlywed funds

Hi there!

I am using the Knot's newlywed fund as our honeymoon fund, but I really hate how I can't explain our honeymoon or why we are using this registry above our picked funds. Would you please be able to provide this option? Most honeymoon fund sites allow you to explain yourself above or before you have to click on the actual fund.

Thanks so much
    xx

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We really appreciate you sending over this feedback. Right now Newlywed Fund is only set up so your guests will see the details after they open each fund. We do encourage you to have a few fund tiles set up so that you can give a brief look inside to each of them. Maybe Honeymoon, Airfare, Dinner for Two, Parasailing…. whatever the adventure you dream of, it is good to give your guests some choices.

That being said, our team will look at this and see what they may be able to open up in the future.

xoxo,
    Keri

11. I'd like to be able to seperate my guests into day guests and evening guests

It would be good to be able to see who has confirmed for the day or evening, rather than seeing them altogether.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. RSVP

Want to be able to manage who's invited to what event. Have 3 events and not everyone is invited to all. Or is there away to manage this?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Couple stories-Weddings on a Budget

I love reading the stories of couples and seeing their wedding pictures but do you ever have couple stories from couples on a budget? Always lots of pictures of fancy china and elaborately decorated venues...yes, these are the things we dream about. Our wedding budget is $7,000 and will be 30-40 people. It's a pretty indoor park venue, banquet room decorated with linens, chair covers and sashes. Yet we did lots of DIY. Plus I'm 45. It would be nice to see couple stories from lower budget weddings and maybe throw in some stories that are not your traditional 25…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Real Weddings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reaching out. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. and Thank you for being a representative for so many other couples. Yes, your story is the same as so many other couples. DIY, everyday budget, older (than the 20 somethings) and still wanting to have a grand celebration. We do hear you and see where you are coming from.

We are definitely making an effort to broaden the scope of our diversity on the site in many ways. The diverse nature of our couples from their race to finances to style and much more. Our Marketing team is taking this seriously and we hope that in the future you will see more stories that talk to a couple – just like you.

I encourage you to submit your photos to our Real Weddings section. This is truly where we get a lot…

14. Be able to change search radius for vendors

I am having issues searching for photographers, each time I try to search for Green Bay WI I get results for photographers in Milwaukee and Chicago which is not helpful at all.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Local Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am sorry this is not coming up with results closer to you. One suggestion I do have is to try filtering one item at a time. For example, when you are in the Marketplace, just search by radius and then choose ‘apply’. Then you can go back and add to search by Best of Weddings, or the $, $$, $$$, $$$$ ratings, then choose apply again. Our search feature likes to only search one thing at a time, and this may help actually find results in your area.

xoxo,
    Keri

15. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

16. Link blog or personal website

I would love to have an easier and more aesthetically pleasing way to link my personal blog to our wedding website.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Printer-Friendly Option

I had been going through some of my favorite reception venues on my The Knot account and wanted to print some of them out to compare. However, when I went to print it, it printed several pages and was not very aesthetically pleasing. It would be great to have a "printer friendly" option for some of these pages that was more concise and fit better onto the printed pages.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

18. I don't want the schedule page to be the home page of my website

I want the option to move the default starting page down from the initial slot on my website. It's the only place that I can add events, and I want my schedule to not be the landing page - that's what a welcome message is supposed to be for.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!

19. [Vendors] I would like to be able to send an image in my messages when replying back to inquiries.

I would like to be able to send photos or pages/images to people who are inquiring about my services. Is there not a way to do this?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Krista P. responded

Good news! This feature is on our roadmap and we are planning to support it by the beginning of next year.

Have a great weekend!

Krista

20. Time zone change

We made a time line for our wedding in Texas, but then when we got to the destination of our wedding, which was in a different time zone, the whole timeline was moved forward an hour to match with the new time zone.
    This is not helpful, because we had already planned in the time zone. So we had to manually go back and adjust the timeline again, which is not something you want to do the week of the wedding.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base