The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. List your location with directions from major cities or link to mapquest.

List your address and location with directions from major cities to your location. Show on map quest. I can find an address any where.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Ciera responded

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!

2. Please include more of the LGBTQ community

Hello! I love your website/Instagram. It genuinely bothers me that you don't show more LGBTQ marriages, especially trans people. I'm a ******** woman. I want to see more inspiration for my own wedding where a woman is marrying a woman. Or a wedding where someone that might not be "passing" for the gender they identify with is getting married. We can't all have the money for full transitional therapy like Caitlyn Jenner. I also would love to see more handicapped weddings. I think it would mean a lot to a lot of people. Thanks, Davinica

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Meuy responded

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

3. Add a spot for The Guest so guests can learn about it and direct link to your event

I added my wedding to The Guest but had to steal the Travel & Transportation section to post the link and Event Name to my site. Unless I am missing something?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We really appreciate this feedback. The Guest team is eager to find more ways so you can connect your guests with your event code. Your notes here will help as they continue to look at ways to make this a smooth connection.

xoxo,
    Customer Experience

4. Need a way to Change Theme for Links

We need a way to Change Theme for Links — the font and color of hyperlinks.

Ours looks like ComicSans in light blue, with no way to change it...

We are currently using the theme "Written in the Stars" by Hayley Paige, and the Details > Accommodations page is where we needed to put a Link, but the hyperlink's font and color doesn't match our customized theme at all.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Meuy responded

This is a great suggestion! We will definitely pass this along to our Product Design team for consideration.

Enjoy the site!
    XO,
    Meuy

5. RSVP - Use of Cache/Cookie Data - User Experience Improvement Required

RSVP functionality.

If guests are trying to RSVP and using a shared computer, the RSVP registers the first attendee. When the second attendee attempts to RSVP, the option is not available because the browser seems to recognise, from the cookies, that the guest has already RSVP'd.

Easy to reproduce in testing; would recommend reviewing and adjusting the settings to not look at cookies/cache, or provide an option to 'RSVP as another guest' etc.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Your Customer Experience Team

6. Make the inbox easier to get to

It’s freaking impossible to find your inbox on mobile website or app. I’m very computer savvy and I’m having serious issues finding something that should be at the top right corner of every page. Ridiculous.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!

7. Not of fan of the "contact 5 additional vendors" feature

I have been very careful to make sure I am not checking the box that sends me quotes from "5 similar vendors." Yet, somehow I keep getting messages from vendors I did not wish to speak with. This has happened over and over. I am only one month in to planning and that "feature" is causing me more headache. I am getting bombarded with emails from unwanted vendors. And they are rarely actually "similar" to what I selected anyway. Vendors from outside my location I set, it's truly ridiculous. For brides who really are trying to plan their whole wedding…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are really close on having this go away and a new portal will be launched so you can more accurately track your interactions with your vendors. We appreciate your feedback and definitely have heard this from others as well.

Be watching in the next few weeks for a big improvement here.

XO,
    Keri

8. Add a section for a live video to stream wedding

With the virus going on wedding may have to slim the list so on the website have a live link to let guests watch virtually and you don’t have to do it on Facebook live and only guests who were invited can watch.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

9. vowel renewal ceremonies

Information targeted toward vowel renewal ceremonies would be really helpful as the planning is much different. For example I am looking for a ceremony location that will be for a small intimate crowd rather than the large wedding we had 10 years ago.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

10. Updating ring search to include more styles/gems/eliminate types of gems

So I realized your searching options are highly limited in terms of looking for rings. I absolutely despise diamonds and would love to have a category to filter those out. Additionally, I think a theme or style search would be great (IE: modern, simple, multi-gem, no gem, open, flexible, classic etc...)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

11. email acknowledgement of feedback

Provide a copy of any email "Feedback" message sent to The Knot.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a great suggestion! We will definitely pass this along to our Product Design team for consideration.

Enjoy the site!
    XO,
    Meuy

12. Site settings

We should be able to choose from an actual font size to dictate sizes throughout the customized wedding website – using a slider to adjust the sizes mean that we must guess, and the text looks sloppy, since there's seemingly no way to match up font sizes. I also don't like that capitalization is removed; that should be a choice and not a forced default. I'm putting effort into making this website both attractive and helpful, and the settings in place mean that there are elements that look like errors for those of us wanting something grammatically and stylistically correct.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

13. Website Header.

I want to put my hashtag as the header or footer.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!

14. My checklist and budgeter do not include purchasing or fitting a dress

I don't know if this is specific to me or if the website just doesn't include them for some reasons, but the checklist and budgeter do not include any info about purchasing or fitting dresses. I also noticed that my budgeter's recommended spending only accounts for less than 77% of my total budget, so I imagine that has something to do with it.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!

15. Just found out about being able to gather addresses via social media! So awesome! BUT... You cannot add those people via mobile device.

I'd love to be able to add guests from my collected addresses via mobile device. Being able to do it from my phone on the site would be great, and the app would be even better!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

16. Change Menu Bar Font Color for Vintage Mountain Template

It is difficult to see the menu bar options at the top of the website page in the Vintage Mountain Template due to the font color. If possible, the team should consider updating the color to white or a lighter color so you can see the options. Currently, it is difficult to read the options as the font color blends into the tree background. I think if this were updated it would make the user experience so much better. We really want to use this template because it fits with the style of our wedding but we may be forced…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Color names instead of numbers

I love the color palette I made on your site but I'm having a terrible time trying to find inspiration or things to match it without having color names to search. I even tried searching the numbers you've provided and nothing comes up! A color name would be way more efficient!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

18. Embed google maps into wedding website

Allow a google map to be embedded into the Wedding Websites so guests can easily navigate from place to place

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

19. Unique Passcode for each guest

I want to provide guests with their own unique passcode - which will be used as an additional authentication / security when RSVPing with First Name + Last Name.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

20. Already home owners

In today's society many people are living together and buying homes before spending thousands of dollars on weddings. Understanding this is not the traditional way, it's still extremely common. My fiancé and myself already have purchased a home as well as combined our two previous homes so we have 2-3 of everything that most traditional brides may not have and need. Us on the other hand are working on our first home and Lowe's has become our most commonly shopped at store. It would be a great idea for the knot to add an option for couples like myself whose…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base