The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Merge Feature for guest list

When you are gathering info from your guests and you want to add it to the existing list. There should be a merge contacts feature so that you don't have to erase duplicates manually.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

2. Ability to hide the wedding date on website until you have a date picked out

Like other wedding planning and registry websites, The Knot should have the ability to hide the wedding date on their website until a date is chosen. For my engagement party, I created a website with my registry information so guest would be able to navigate themselves there. Unfortunately, The Knot requires you to to pick a wedding date for your website even if you haven't picked a date! Very confusing for guests!

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

3. Let people put in more than one Vendor for each category

For some categories, like Beauty, I have hired more than one person, but I am only able to input one vendor. For instance, I have separate hair and makeup people, but it does not allow me to put both in as hired vendors. Even on the Wedding Day Timeline, I try to put the makeup vendor in separately, and it always ends up changing it to my organist for some reason. Please fix this!

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

4. Option to Delete Registry Drop Down Menu

On my wedding website, I would like to take away the drop down menu that appears when you hover over the "Registry" section and ONLY have a link to the registry. I want guests to go to the main registry page only (at least first) and I feel like they might skip that whole page if they think they have to select one of the options listed in the drop down menu (think - old people). We used the "Add to The Knot" to add things outside of our registry and I'm afraid no one will see them if they…

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Ciera responded

Enjoy your planning!

5. Couples' Log In

I think that it would be great if there was a way that both my fiance and myself could have separate logins with our own email address, but could collaborate on the same account.

This would be great for the wedding website or themes!

Thanks,
    Jo

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We hope to be able to tell you this is coming soon – and soon we will tell you this very thing. Right now one of our amazing product design teams is working on a way we can open the memberships to be collaborative and you could share two logins for one account. We know that although you can share the same login right now that is not always ideal.

Thanks again for sending this over! We are listening and really hope to provide some great news when this is live.

XOXO,
    Keri

6. The order of pictures in the Album should be as they are uploaded

How the albums organizes the pictures makes them all scattered. They should be viewed in the order that they are uploaded. I have pictures from years back next to a recent picture with how the layout is now. There appears to be three columns in the albums and I try to organize my pictures by the date they were taken, but the columns mix them up.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Our photo sections are currently being evaluated for some improvements. This sorting features is definitely one we are looking at and hope to see some improvements in 2016. The site should allow you to drag/drop your photos around in the columns so you can order them how you choose, but this can get a bit snippy at times. Thanks for your patience!

XO,
    Keri

7. Allow guest to RSVP with their Mobile number instead of name.

Hi, I would love to use the Knot website to allow my guest to RSVP. Of course I only want the people that are on my guest list to RSVP. But the problem is when guest do not type their name like it is on the guest list they will not be able to RSVP.

I was wondering if "The Knot" can add a feature to where it can verify the guest by phone number? That would make it a lot more accurate and we would not have to worry about misspellings.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

8. Enable RSVP email to be sent to both bride and groom.

It would be nice if both the bride and groom could get certain updates from their wedding website. My fiancé gets all the updates from the site but I don't get any. If we could put two emails on one account this would help this issue and enable me (the groom) to help respond to certain situations rather than the bride having to deal with everything.

Yes I am a groom who actually wants to help with the wedding!! ;)

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

9. Guest List Manager

It would be amazing if the export list was able to download with guests being organized alphabetically by households. Additionally, if a guest has entered their contact information through the site, it does not include those guests in the exported list. This doesn't help when addressing invites for the wedding or any events associated with the wedding.
    Additionally, it would be helpful when a guest enters their contact information for the system to not duplicate the guest, but to have name recognition so that when a guest already exists on the list their contact information is populated to the pre-existing…

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

10. The guest list manager should have more options to export guest list.

It should give options like download list by party, name, gender, etc. Right now when I export it only shows my total list but there are husband/wive that live at the same address so would be sharing an invite. That means I have to go through and manually count the number of households to figure out how many invites I need to order. I think there were options like that on the old version of the website but not the new?

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We truly appreciate all the feedback we have been getting on the new Guest List Manager. We know that the old manager had a few more features and we are continuing to work on improving the GLM and the RSVP features on our new site builder. Your feedback is being considered and we truly hope you see some improvements in the next few weeks/months to come. If you have a specific question that we can help you with now, please email our team at help@theknot.com. We are happy to look at your specific account and see if we can help at all.

Thanks everyone – for your patience and understanding.
    Keri

11. Be able to Customize Dashboard

Agreeing with a comment below that < I've already booked my venue and no longer need to focus on it > so it would be great if I could choose and move which blocks I want at the top at that particular time - let me choose what I am focusing on

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

12. Make theknot.com HTTPS compliant

Make theknot.com HTTPS compliant. It is the standard and an expected level of security for websites these days.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. wishlist

Why can't I remove the "wishlist" section?????

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

14. Arrange Registry

You should be able to drag the item "tiles" in your registry around so you can organize/prioritize them.

I am putting experiences in my registry and i am arranging them chronologically based on our travel plan (I know, OCD). As I think of new things they end up at the end of the list and I can't change the order.

Thank you!

-Keith

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

15. adding RSVP function to transport

Would be awesome if you could add the option for guests to confirm whether they will be using the bus provided.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

16. Customize the text about leaving a note when RSVPing would be useful

This isn't really a new idea, It was originally posted in 2015 but The Knot still has not addressed it. I would like to use this feature to instruct guests to let us know if they are bringing kids or have food allergies. I'm sure other couples would find this useful too. This wouldn't be hard to fix.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

17. Password protect individual pages

I'm having a private event prior to my wedding and I'd like to create a private/password protected page on my public site. This is a really important feature that should be made possible.
    Thank you for your help!

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

18. Combine RSVPs for Events

Collect RSVP for Wedding and other events (Welcome Party, etc) in one place. Currently, I don't think people will understand they need to do both. Also, there should be a place to clearly collect dietary restrictions. Even better, let me word it...Our wedding is at an Aquarium and we want to specifically know of any shellfish allergies or other dietary needs.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I really appreciate you taking the time to give these details. While we do have the ability for you to collect RSVPs for multiple guests in one place, and to ask your guests about allergies/meal choices/restrictions, it is apparent it is not as visible as we would like it to be. We will be taking this under advisement so we can make these features more user friendly.

xoxo,
    Keri

19. Guest List Organizing

Hey I love the new Guest List, but there are some simple functions that are lacking/annoying.

1. It automatically sorts by 1st name. Coming from a person who use to file for a living this is annoying. I know you can switch if but every time you refresh the page or add a new person you have to re-sort it.

2. When you refresh any columns you had hidden automatically reappear. It can be really annoying when you are checking information.

3. For household can there be an accept all button. That way if everyone in a household accepted you…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

20. Add photos to reviews

I'd love to have the ability for members to add photos to their reviews. I'd love to showcase some of the work of my really awesome vendors. At the same time, if a member is saying how awful something looked, it would be good to see a photo in order to determine if I think it's as bad as they're claiming.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Reviews  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base