The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable RSVP email to be sent to both bride and groom.

It would be nice if both the bride and groom could get certain updates from their wedding website. My fiancé gets all the updates from the site but I don't get any. If we could put two emails on one account this would help this issue and enable me (the groom) to help respond to certain situations rather than the bride having to deal with everything.

Yes I am a groom who actually wants to help with the wedding!! ;)

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

2. Children Guests

Add some way to differentiate guests that are children (checkbox?)

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Ciera responded

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!

3. Guest List Manager

It would be amazing if the export list was able to download with guests being organized alphabetically by households. Additionally, if a guest has entered their contact information through the site, it does not include those guests in the exported list. This doesn't help when addressing invites for the wedding or any events associated with the wedding.
    Additionally, it would be helpful when a guest enters their contact information for the system to not duplicate the guest, but to have name recognition so that when a guest already exists on the list their contact information is populated to the pre-existing…

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

4. Be able to Customize Dashboard

Agreeing with a comment below that < I've already booked my venue and no longer need to focus on it > so it would be great if I could choose and move which blocks I want at the top at that particular time - let me choose what I am focusing on

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

5. adding RSVP function to transport

Would be awesome if you could add the option for guests to confirm whether they will be using the bus provided.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

6. Password protect individual pages

I'm having a private event prior to my wedding and I'd like to create a private/password protected page on my public site. This is a really important feature that should be made possible.
    Thank you for your help!

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

7. Guest List Organizing

Hey I love the new Guest List, but there are some simple functions that are lacking/annoying.

1. It automatically sorts by 1st name. Coming from a person who use to file for a living this is annoying. I know you can switch if but every time you refresh the page or add a new person you have to re-sort it.

2. When you refresh any columns you had hidden automatically reappear. It can be really annoying when you are checking information.

3. For household can there be an accept all button. That way if everyone in a household accepted you don't have to…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

8. Add photos to reviews

I'd love to have the ability for members to add photos to their reviews. I'd love to showcase some of the work of my really awesome vendors. At the same time, if a member is saying how awful something looked, it would be good to see a photo in order to determine if I think it's as bad as they're claiming.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Reviews  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

9. Accept/Regret Colors

It would be great for the accept to show as a green background and regret as a different color so as you are scrolling through the guest list I can easily tell that the guest is unable to attend.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

10. I would love to be able to export my bridal shower guest list separate from my wedding guest list.

My maid of honor is throwing my bridal shower for women only and she wants it to be a surprise so she's mailing themed bridal shower invitations to my guests but instead of sending her a exported list of 59 guests I have to send her a list of my total guest count for my wedding.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

11. Registers in Canada

Your website has been recommended to me by a number of people and I know it is being used in Canada. I don't know what rules and regulations go with this but nothing like the knot exists. I see that some places have registered with your company here but not all. I highly recommend speaking to major companies such as "Hundson's Bay" to build a Canadian connection and registry.

Thank you

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I really appreciate you taking time to leave your feedback. Right now we are still focused in the US, but we are always looking at opening the areas in Canada our brides need the most. I will make sure our team has your feedback as they continue to plan for the future.

On your registry, however, you can still add any retailer to your list even if they are not on our partnered retailer list. Enjoy your planning!

Keri

12. To be able to edit the RSVP response buttons

I wish you could edit the RSVP response buttons. Accept/ Regret seems very formal and I'm sure most people would rather have an option to choose (like the food options). I would so much rather have a Yes we can come or a No we can't make it option.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

13. Currency converter

I need American dollars converted into Aussie dollars.

I keep checking prices and freak out and then realize this site is in American dollars.... HELP!!!

VOTE! VOTE VOTE!!

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Budgeter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are sorry this doesn’t convert over for you. I know our teams have looked at this, and for now they are still going to stay with just the US dollar, but we will keep this open so you can see others voting this up. The best way for the team to know this is a priority is to ‘hear’ from other members well.

xoxo,
    Keri

14. Add PayPal to your payment options

I was surprised to see you didn't have an option to use PayPal. Thats all I use now for online payments.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

15. Address Auto-Fill for Members of Same Household

Collecting and Inputting 250+ people's addresses has become my top stressor in planning my wedding. Here are some ideas on how The Knot can improve their services:
    1) Allow all members of one household to be entered in the same window.
    -Entry can by in the same window. Add a button labeled "add another member to this household" (or something to that effect). When it is pressed, another field can appear available for entry
    -After all members are added and info is saved, these members can be displayed separately in the guest list manager. I believe you already have the…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

16. Guest List Tweaks

I would love it if you could search households when adding guests instead of having to scroll through the whole list to add a new person. It would also be great to have the ability to color-code guests with customizable categories. (e.g. wedding party is pink, out-of-town guests are blue, etc.)

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

17. Option for no cover photo

Hi there, I am wondering if it is possible for any of these templates to be formatted such that no cover photo is required.
    Thanks!

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

18. I wish there was an interactive tab

It would be nice to have an interactive tab on the website that guests can have fun with. For example, it would be nice to set up a poll for guests to pick where the couple should go for their honeymoon. It would keep guests involved in the planning process along with helping out the bride and groom by getting suggestions and opinions from guests. You could also set up a quiz that guests can take to see how much they know about the couple; like where they first met and how long they were dating before they got engaged,…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. mobile

mobile website displays the images without rotating images the way I set them. Works fine on laptop.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Image Sizing & Editing

Make it useable....not a good experience when you don't provide the dimensions that are needed for an image or allow it to work in common browsers such as IE and Firefox.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base