The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. RSVP email acknowledgement

It would be very helpful to receive an email acknowledgement of my RSVP. I wasn't sure if I had sent the RSVP awhile ago or not. I went to the website and there was no way of knowing if I had already acknowledged or not. I acknowledged a second time, and now I don't know if I have thrown off their count or not. Receiving an email confirmation would eliminate the uncertainty.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. adding RSVP function to transport

Would be awesome if you could add the option for guests to confirm whether they will be using the bus provided.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

3. wishlist

Why can't I remove the "wishlist" section?????

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

4. Customize the text about leaving a note when RSVPing would be useful

This isn't really a new idea, It was originally posted in 2015 but The Knot still has not addressed it. I would like to use this feature to instruct guests to let us know if they are bringing kids or have food allergies. I'm sure other couples would find this useful too. This wouldn't be hard to fix.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

5. Ability to hide the wedding date on website until you have a date picked out

Like other wedding planning and registry websites, The Knot should have the ability to hide the wedding date on their website until a date is chosen. For my engagement party, I created a website with my registry information so guest would be able to navigate themselves there. Unfortunately, The Knot requires you to to pick a wedding date for your website even if you haven't picked a date! Very confusing for guests!

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

6. Let people put in more than one Vendor for each category

For some categories, like Beauty, I have hired more than one person, but I am only able to input one vendor. For instance, I have separate hair and makeup people, but it does not allow me to put both in as hired vendors. Even on the Wedding Day Timeline, I try to put the makeup vendor in separately, and it always ends up changing it to my organist for some reason. Please fix this!

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

7. Guest List Organizing

Hey I love the new Guest List, but there are some simple functions that are lacking/annoying.

1. It automatically sorts by 1st name. Coming from a person who use to file for a living this is annoying. I know you can switch if but every time you refresh the page or add a new person you have to re-sort it.

2. When you refresh any columns you had hidden automatically reappear. It can be really annoying when you are checking information.

3. For household can there be an accept all button. That way if everyone in a household accepted you…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

8. Accept/Regret Colors

It would be great for the accept to show as a green background and regret as a different color so as you are scrolling through the guest list I can easily tell that the guest is unable to attend.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

9. I would love to be able to export my bridal shower guest list separate from my wedding guest list.

My maid of honor is throwing my bridal shower for women only and she wants it to be a surprise so she's mailing themed bridal shower invitations to my guests but instead of sending her a exported list of 59 guests I have to send her a list of my total guest count for my wedding.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

10. Do not delete couples website

I understand this website is for planning a wedding, howbwr many users want to be able to view their website long after the wedding (indefinitely) as a keepsake. I just found out mine was deleted and I am totally bummed about this. A lot of people spend hours putting it together. At least give a heads up it will disappear so we can print it or copy it and save it

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Arrange Registry

You should be able to drag the item "tiles" in your registry around so you can organize/prioritize them.

I am putting experiences in my registry and i am arranging them chronologically based on our travel plan (I know, OCD). As I think of new things they end up at the end of the list and I can't change the order.

Thank you!

-Keith

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

12. Allow couples to both be able to download app and share one profile.

Me and my fiance are never together long enough to sit side by side looking at the same screen.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Ciera responded

Enjoy your planning!

13. To be able to edit the RSVP response buttons

I wish you could edit the RSVP response buttons. Accept/ Regret seems very formal and I'm sure most people would rather have an option to choose (like the food options). I would so much rather have a Yes we can come or a No we can't make it option.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

14. Add PayPal to your payment options

I was surprised to see you didn't have an option to use PayPal. Thats all I use now for online payments.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

15. Address Auto-Fill for Members of Same Household

Collecting and Inputting 250+ people's addresses has become my top stressor in planning my wedding. Here are some ideas on how The Knot can improve their services:
    1) Allow all members of one household to be entered in the same window.
    -Entry can by in the same window. Add a button labeled "add another member to this household" (or something to that effect). When it is pressed, another field can appear available for entry
    -After all members are added and info is saved, these members can be displayed separately in the guest list manager. I believe you already have the…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

16. Guest List Tweaks

I would love it if you could search households when adding guests instead of having to scroll through the whole list to add a new person. It would also be great to have the ability to color-code guests with customizable categories. (e.g. wedding party is pink, out-of-town guests are blue, etc.)

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

17. Add photos to reviews

I'd love to have the ability for members to add photos to their reviews. I'd love to showcase some of the work of my really awesome vendors. At the same time, if a member is saying how awful something looked, it would be good to see a photo in order to determine if I think it's as bad as they're claiming.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Reviews  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Meuy

18. Currency converter

I need American dollars converted into Aussie dollars.

I keep checking prices and freak out and then realize this site is in American dollars.... HELP!!!

VOTE! VOTE VOTE!!

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Budgeter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are sorry this doesn’t convert over for you. I know our teams have looked at this, and for now they are still going to stay with just the US dollar, but we will keep this open so you can see others voting this up. The best way for the team to know this is a priority is to ‘hear’ from other members well.

xoxo,
    Keri

19. I wish there was an interactive tab

It would be nice to have an interactive tab on the website that guests can have fun with. For example, it would be nice to set up a poll for guests to pick where the couple should go for their honeymoon. It would keep guests involved in the planning process along with helping out the bride and groom by getting suggestions and opinions from guests. You could also set up a quiz that guests can take to see how much they know about the couple; like where they first met and how long they were dating before they got engaged,…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. mobile

mobile website displays the images without rotating images the way I set them. Works fine on laptop.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base