The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Guest List] The RSVP section should be more customizable.

We need to be able to customize the RSVPs way more on our wedding websites.

Here are some things I would like to see:
    - Customize the wording of "accept" and "regret" and ability to add more options (e.g. accept happily, regret with sorrow, not sure yet, etc.)
    - Ability to add additional customized parts of the RSVP form, like song requests or advice for the couple, etc.
    - Under no circumstances should people NOT on the guest list be able to RSVP. That's just a basic must-have that should have been implemented from the beginning.

I've read on this…

1,055 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    324 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It is truly like Christmas morning around here. The Secure RSVP feature is now in place for you to use on your wedding website and guest list manager. YAY!!

I know a number of you have events that are already passed – but please cheer along with us. Thanks to your feedback and voting here in our forum, this has been a major priority for 2016 and you made this happen.

For those of you still looking for a way to make your RSVP limited to only those on your guest list, check out this quick instruction video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txh2qwjcKMI

What else is new on the Guest List Manager/RSVP features?

*You can now limit the events each guest can RSVP for when you have them entered in your Guest List manager.

*Guests are now prompted to RSVP in their party leader groups – so families can RSVP at the…

2. [General] The Knot should be more conducive to same-sex weddings.

I am in a lesbian relationship and getting married in May. I have been using your checklist, budgeter, and other parts of your website, and for the most part it is very helpful. However, one complaint I have is that I have to modify everything to remove the "groom" aspect and restructure it for two brides. It seems like this would be a fairly simple fix of having an alternative checklist for same-*** couples, probably one for men and one for women. I know The Knot tries to be inclusive but this is a pretty big oversight in terms of…

238 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  48 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. [Wedding Website] Some photos I upload come out sideways.

Is there a way to edit the photos I upload?

228 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  177 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. RSVP button not working

The RSVP button on our website is no longer working! Tried different browsers & computers. Also tried turning RSVP functionality off and on. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Sang

178 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    219 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Our Tech team has just reported that the issues with our RSVP feature have been fixed. Please have your guests try to submit their RSVPs again, and let us know if you hear of any lingering issues.

Enjoy the rest of your planning!

XO,
    Meuy

5. [Budgeter] I have ideas for the future Budgeter.

I think the new look of the site is great. It feels more organized and the design is cleaner and easier to understand. This makes for a much better user experience. I would just like to comment on some functionality when you do update the Budgeter tool. It would be great if once you put in an "actual" amount, it would re-calculate and recommend how to re-organize the budget. For example, the Budgeter is recommending spending $500 on my wedding band. However, I know my wedding band is going to cost at least $1000. It would be great if I…

163 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Budgeter  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for taking the time to send your feedback! We really appreciate the thoughtful feedback on the future Budgeter.

We’d love to hear more of your thoughts on the Budgeter and other future tool improvements. If you would be interested in scheduling a 30 minute feedback session, please contact me directly at ideas@xogrp.com.

If you’d like to access your old budgeter, please make sure you are logged in to The Knot. Then, go directly to: http://planning.theknot.com/wedding-budget.

Thanks again!

Krista

6. [Checklist] Can't access wedding checklist.

is there an issue with this section?

120 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    28 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

This Checklist issue has should now be resolved.
    If you are still experiencing issues, please try to clear your cookies and cache, then reload your Checklist.

Let us know if you continue to experience issues accessing your Checklist.

Thanks so much!

Krista

7. [Membership] I'd like to be able to change my email address in Account Settings.

Customers should have the ability to go in and chance their own password in their account.

118 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    23 comments  ·  Membership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Cathy responded

Thank you so much for your patience on this. We’ve made an update to the Account Settings page. First, log in to your account on The Knot, then go here: https://www.theknot.com/account/settings/profile

To update your email address, please go here: https://www.theknot.com/account/settings/email-password

If you experience any issues, please fill in the form and we will get back to you asap with a solution:
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1PFpcajXG3ptXXaOeVc8AcGmNAv3_gfjsF-8hqWt3yKw/viewform

Thanks so much for your patience!

Danny

8. [Wedding Websites] Unable to access and edit my wedding website.

Help!!! My invites just went out and my web address is on the invites. Since the web switch I am unable to access my old site to edit or view it. My email to Help@theknot.com has not been answered yet and it's been 2 weeks! :( I need help!

116 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    73 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Krista P. responded

Hello everyone!

Great news for all our Australia members who have been having issues accessing their site!!

We just got word from our tech team that the issue has been resolved. It may take a few minutes for your site to load, but you should be able to access and edit all the features of your site without anymore issues. Please remember to clear your cache/cookies before logging in.

Everyone in the US please check out this helpful article to troubleshoot the issue: http://help.theknot.com/knowledgebase/articles/718080

If you continue to have issues, reach out to us at help@theknot.com.

Thank you for your patience!

Krista

9. Text within wedding website is not centered /aligned

Thank you so much for reaching out to us at Theknot.com! Our Tech team is aware of the text not centering/aligning correctly within your wedding website – we’re so very sorry for the inconvenience. Our Tech team is working on this urgently and we look forward to updating you all very soon with the all clear notice. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

XOXO
    Your Customer Experience Team

112 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    58 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am so excited to send this email – the center align is now fixed and working in your wedding website admin pages. YAY!! You have all been so patient – and have truly helped us by providing all the details about how this was happening in your account. This was a big help in us finding a solution and getting it pushed out.

Please let us know at help@theknot.com if you are still not finding this working on your page. We have tested many accounts to verify and have found all we tested are working smoothly, but let us know if you find something otherwise.

Have a great week – and a very happy holiday next week!

xoxo,
    Keri Sowerby
    Customer Experience Ops Manager

10. Website changes to Guest List Manager -

The new change of ONLY being able to see the guest list by household and NOT being able to organize it by a guest's RSVP is VERY frustrating and limiting to the usability of the manager.

It's also VERY unappreciated that this change came unannounced. I am getting married in less than two weeks, and having this change implemented at this point in time is very frustrating. Yes, I was able to export my contact list, but it also means that I'll be that much less likely to use The Knot from here on forth.

96 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  19 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. [RSVP] The wedding websites should have a separate page for the RSVP.

The Wedding Websites should have a separate page for the RSVP so it's not so difficult to find.

94 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    95 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Photos - not uploading very well

We are aware that this weekend there was a bigger issue with photos not being able to upload on your wedding website. Tech is looking into this today for us. They recently fixed the connection between your photos and Facebook so we are verifying that this isn't residual issue.

We will send an email out to every one once a solution has been found and you can try to upload photos again.

Thanks for your patience!

XO,
    Keri

93 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    174 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great news!! Our dynamo Tech team was able to find the problem – and the solution! YAY! Photo uploading should be good to go for you on your website.

Please clear your cache/cookies/browser history and start by logging on a fresh browser. If you don’t want to wait to clear history, try an incognito window on Chrome (avoids all cookies) and log into your account this way. We always suggest Chrome or Firefox when editing your website.

You are amazing -and we appreciate your patience on this one! Enjoy your celebration planning!

XO,
    Keri

13. Website

The wedding website tool has an Error 404 message when attempting to access it for editing.

79 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Our site was temporarily down due to a system issue, but it should be back up and running. We are so sorry this affected your account and your ability to see your photos, guest list and/or website. When you check the site again now, I do recommend using either Google Chrome or Firefox for the best experience.

If you still have questions, let us know and we can look into the issues you are experiencing. Please email us at Help@theknot.com

XOXO
    Your Customer Experience Team

14. Vendor List

Hello,

I love the new "vendor list" feature but am having trouble adding vendors who do not have existing Knot accounts. I believe this is a very strong attribute for The Knot to gain data from bride clients. Whenever I type in a vendor who does not have a Knot account already, it says "Can't find vendor? Google Search". Then when you click on that, it does nothing. Am I missing something, is this still being fixed, or is there a way around this?

Thanks,

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  12 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  My Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone!

Great news! The delete account option has now been released and should be displayed in the Account Settings section. To access this option first log into your account, then go here:
    https://www.theknot.com/account/settings/profile

The delete account button is displayed on the bottom of the Wedding Details page.

Thanks so much for your patience and cooperation!

Danny

16. Wedding Details editing not working

Cannot edit the details for the Wedding Event Information or Ceremony and Reception sub-items. Every time I try to save a change nothing happens. Also, the ceremony and reception venues keep getting switched when trying to edit and then auto changing the overall event detail when I didn't want it to, but even so can't save any of it anyway, clicking "Save" does nothing

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there!

In order to continue to offer the best product to our users, we have made some changes to the way you can edit your wedding website. We apologize for the temporary inconvenience, but hope you’ll find the new formatting easy and useful.

Previously, you may have used the options listed on the left side of your page to locate and edit the various sections and tabs of your website. Moving forward, you can now make all of those changes directly from the Wedding Website dashboard. You no longer need to go into separate sections of the dashboard. Yay!

Simply locate the page topic you’d like to edit on the main dashboard page (Registry, Our Wedding, Accommodations, etc…), and click on the section of interest. You should see the editing option appear on the right side of your page.

Please take some time to explore our new changes and…

17. [General] Bring back the old website

I cannot stand this new site. I was coming to the knot almost daily and now I haven't been on in months because of the change. Nothing ever loads or works properly, it's poorly designed, and difficult to navigate. I was so excited when I got engaged to be able to sign up for the knot finally, and now as I am currently wedding planning, I never want to use it anymore. Please have an option for switching back to the old format. You will make many a bride happy!

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. [Checklist] Ability to add/edit checklist items.

Hello,
    In the previous checklist, we were able to edit dates of items in the Checklist, as well as add new items. It doesn't look like in the new checklist, even with the update on the iPhone, this is available.

It was so so so helpful to be able to customize the checklist to our own wedding to keep all To Do items in one place, as well as customize the dates to our plans.

If this does exist in the upgrade, do let me know!

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can now check off items with an easy-to-access check box on your Checklist!

Thanks so much for your patience as we continue to make improvements to the new site!

Krista

19. [Account Settings] Unable to update anything in account settings

Hello,
    I have been trying to update my account settings unsuccessfully for 5 days
    now. I heard from your customer service and all they did was reset my
    password. Every time I try to update my account settings (I am trying to
    change the wedding date, add the city, budget, and number of guests) it
    says "Username invalid or already in use". The user name is auto-generated
    by you (Knottie16590618). I have tried 10 different user names, I have
    tried resetting my password, and every time I try to update it I get the
    same error message. Can you please…

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    23 comments  ·  Membership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you so much for your patience on this. We’ve made an update to the Account Settings page. First, log in to your account on The Knot, then go here: https://www.theknot.com/account/settings/profile

To update your email address, please go here: https://www.theknot.com/account/settings/email-password

If you experience any issues, please fill in the form and we will get back to you asap with a solution:
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1PFpcajXG3ptXXaOeVc8AcGmNAv3_gfjsF-8hqWt3yKw/viewform

Thanks so much for your patience!

Krista

20. [Guest List] When our guests receive their online email invitations and are linked to our site..

When our guests receive their online email invitations and are linked to our site, they aren't simply asked to RSVP and choose menu options. They are asked to fill out "Guest 1" information (which just adds them as a "plus 1 instead", adding to our guest count and leaving the original individual un-RSVP'd on our manager.

Also, why the heck are guests allowed to invite whoever they want? What's the point of providing a PIN and adding guest information in the first place? This needs to be a priority fix (If I had known that this was going to be…

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We realized this was not updated back in April 2016 when our Secure RSVP went into effect. All couples now have the option to limit their RSVP function so that only invited guests can say yes/no to the event and they cannot add any other guests without contacting the couple directly. The open RSVP is still available for those that do not have a limited list. Let us know if you need any help in seeing how to turn on the Secure RSVP in your RSVP tab on the wedding website dashboard.

XOXO,
    Keri

← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base