The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. More flexible checklists for better usability

Please provide a way to edit default categories of checklist items as well as a way to filter by category to make planning easier. This will be the only reason I don't use The Knot for planning

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,
    Your Customer Experience Team

2. Embed Map

It would be appreciated if there was a 'code block' option so I could embed a custom google map with locations relevant to our wedding.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

3. Wedding Party Page - Format of Members

I was disappointed to see that you no longer allow wedding party members to be formatted so the bridesmaids and groomsmen are listed next to each other. I have many bridesmaids and groomsmen and now their pictures and bios are so long. You have to scroll down to see them all. I would prefer if I can have my maid of honor next to the best man, have bridesmaids line up with groomsmen.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

4. Update “points for your videographer”

https://www.theknot.com/content/wedding-videography-contract-checklist

I’ve been wondering why so many of my clients are asking for RAW footage from my wedding video business. Finally one of them pointed me to this article. I’ve talked with several people in the wedding videography/photography business and no one I’ve talked to gives RAW’s as a part of the package. If the client does want them (which we feel violates our artistic vision that we were hired to have) then we would charge and exorbitant price. I’d suggest removing that portion from your checklist as it seems to be causing issues between the videographer and the client.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We really do appreciate the feedback as it is timely and valuable. Our Editorial team has received your comments and are working on how we can better update articles and provide more timely direction in our future communications.

XOXO,

5. Please bring back 'frozen' headers feature on website

The Knot used to have an amazing wedding website feature, where even if you scrolled to the bottom on the page, the headers for your different website sections would still appear at the top of them page. I do not understand why you removed this feature with your 2020 product release, can you please, please bring this feature back?

This was such a great feature! Please consider bringing this back!

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!

XOXO,

6. Ability to embed video to wedding website

I would love to be able to directly embed our engagement video to the website (similar to the way photos can be uploaded directly, if we could directly upload a video).

I don't want to link to youtube or anything like that as I only want to show the video to people with our website access.

This would be an amazing feature - I know lots of couples have engagement/wedding videos to share!

108 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

7. It would be great for the couple and their guests to be able to post messages back and forth on a wedding wall. I think the app should have

It would be great for the couple and their guests to be able to post messages back and forth on a wedding wall. I think the app should have a chat function as well as the option for private messages. It’s should be easy to select who the messages go to, everyone, one person, or a selected group.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

8. Invite Sent check box missing from new guest list manager

Since the update to the new guest list manager, the "invite sent" check box is no longer present.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

9. Guest Check-in

It would be a good idea or option to allow the Bridal Couple to go digital with guest check-in. If you could somehow make it an option to allow guests to check-in at the event with whomever is at the Reception table and also to make sure that their mailing address is correct or current.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

10. RSVP Reply by Date

The RSVP location on the website is great! But to keep all the RSVP information in one section may I suggest displaying the RSVP Reply by due date within the RSVP section when the RSVPs are being collected? I found that when my RSVPs were on for collection the due date was not displayed. Even though this information is on the invitation, I feel it would be beneficial to my guests to have this date listed under or above the RSVP button.

Thank you

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

11. The Knot Cash Fund.... great idea, not very well executed.

Instead of having to search through the countless items on the registry, maybe have the icon on the top be a direct link to the pop up? Definitely not easy to find.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

12. Add a password to the RSVP page only

I do not want to make my whole wedding website private, but I would like to make just the RSVP page private. Currently, even when using the Secure RSVP setting, when the website as a whole is not password protected, anyone in the world can type in "Michael" for example and RSVP for anyone named Michael on the guest list. It would be nice to make the RSVP page only private without having to make the whole website private.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Privacy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

13. household

There used to be a place on the guest list manager that showed the number of households to be able to get the number of invitations to send but this has been removed.

It makes it VERY difficult to see how many invitations we need based off of the current view.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!

XOXO,

14. RSVP - Use of Cache/Cookie Data - User Experience Improvement Required

RSVP functionality.

If guests are trying to RSVP and using a shared computer, the RSVP registers the first attendee. When the second attendee attempts to RSVP, the option is not available because the browser seems to recognise, from the cookies, that the guest has already RSVP'd.

Easy to reproduce in testing; would recommend reviewing and adjusting the settings to not look at cookies/cache, or provide an option to 'RSVP as another guest' etc.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

15. Photo Albums

PLEASE bring back photo albums instead of everything having to be in one album.

71 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

16. Registry Not Sorting In The Order You Choose

Registry states you can drag and drop the tiles in the order you wish when selecting the custom feature. This does not work. When I drag something it just goes back to where it originally was.I then previewed my registry as a view and it says it is in the order of "couples fav" ... this is not listed in our favorite order, won't allow us to even arrange the order ...

I then tried to have viewers just see the price high to low when they first go on my registry page and this does not work either. It…

326 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    93 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Meuy responded

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

17. International App

I’m in New Zealand and I love the website, but I wish the app was available here!! The mobile site just isn’t the same.

96 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Guest List Manager Personal Notes

Allow the RSVP Personal notes on the website. It's frustrating to only get them via email and very hard to track. Especially since only I have my email linked and not the groom. I almost missed them because I thought these were only notification emails not knowing they were the only place I would see the notes.

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

19. Canadian Accounts

My fiancé and I already live together so the main thing we need help with is money for our honeymoon. We set up a cash fund on TheKnot but unfortunately we cannot route the funds since we live in Canada. Just wondering if and/or when routing Canadian accounts will become an option!!

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there!

Thank you for reaching out about The Knot Cash Fund. This is still a very new addition to The Knot and we are excited so many couples are looking at using this for their cash registry solution.

Right now, the Cash Fund is limited to being linked to a physical stateside Bank accounts both for the couple and for the guest. This means that a US account is required to set up the fund and a US issued credit card will need to be used to make a gift for a couple.

We are hearing from a few couples and guests that are other places in the world and would love to know when this might open up to their countries and banks. For now, the US banks will be required, but we are definitely looking at an international option and keeping track of where these requests are…

20. Is there a way to have multiple emails for a household? While they may share a mailing address most do not share an email address.

Allow users to create individual contacts then merge in to a household. Currently households only allow one email address. While they may share a mailing address they do not share email addresses.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Enjoy your planning!

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base