The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

What's your idea for The Knot?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      5 comments  ·  Community  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thank you so much for your idea!

Unfortunately there’s no way to reorganize the photo album once it’s been uploaded. Your only option at this time is to re-upload the albums in the correct order. We will definitely take this into consideration. We’re always trying to improve the Wedding Website experience for couples so we welcome all of your great ideas.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.  We will keep this forum updated as we make improvements!

Enjoy your planning!
      XO,
      Meuy

• Ability to respond to RSVP notes from guests

When guests RSVP, they also send beautiful notes, but there is no way to respond to those. Please add that feature

15 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are so glad you are seeing the notes coming in from your guests. Right now there is not an automatic way to reply, but we do look forward to adding this in the future. Since we assume most couples have a way to contact their guests, you can use the SHARE feature in your website builder to send them an email, but if you do not have their email address then this would not work yet. This is the part we will be working on for a future update.

Enjoy your planning!
        Keri

• Customizing the Notes section of RSVPs

I'd love to be able to customize the categories for how guests RSVP, like changing "Notes" to something more relevant ("If you're bringing kids, let us know here!" type things).

103 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          15 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are definitely working on this new feature and hope to have a way for you to personalize the ‘ask’ of your guests in the future. So glad you like having it there.

• I would love to be able to have my guests donate to the Alzheimer's Association

The Charity Program is a wonderful idea. I would love to be able to have my guests donate to the Alzheimer's Association as members of both our families are currently living with it and others have died from it. As millions of Americans are affected by Alzheimer's, I know it might be a charity near and dear to others and greatly benefit from being added to your list

11 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            4 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

What a wonderful cause indeed! We are reviewing our charity registries this year and hope that by summer we will have a much larger list available for you to choose from. Right now our limited list comes to us from the JustGive.org program and they continue to be a great partner with The Knot.

• Same *** partners

It is a bit rude to not have your website gender neutral. My male fiancé and I (a male) keep receiving information about wedding dresses. It is a bit insulting and not with the times

17 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We definitely hear what you are saying. We hear this from Dad’s on The Bump as well, and we are actively looking at how we can adjust our systems in the future so that gender and role are taken into more consideration in the planning process for weddings and babies. Thanks for your patience while we work on this.

I hope you are still able to find a great amount of applicable information on the site in the meantime.

Enjoy your planning!
              XO,
              Keri

• More stuff for men

Hello! It would be helpful if more of the items on the checklist or more of the articles were directed towards men. I get a bit overwhelmed looking at all of the things that it appears I have to do, and it may be easier to involve men in the planning if there were more articles/activities that were either for men or generally androgynous. Thanks!

8 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is great feedback. I have let our team that works on the Checklist know about your comments and we hope to see some additional categories added in later this year that might fit this need!

XO,
                Keri

• Printable

I would like the checklist to be printable. :) It would be able to sit down with my bridesmaids and detail out who is doing what when.
                Thanks

35 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  2 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a great idea and we are very close to making this much more accessible for you. Right now you can print the checklist like you would print any webpage, using the print feature on your browser.

Enjoy your planning!
                  XO,
                  Keri

• Edit posts

I will be a guest for a wedding and am looking forward to the event and seeing the venue which looks lovely. However the write up leaves some room for improvement. The grammar, sentence structure and proper word choices need attention if you wish to present a professional appearance. The bride and groom, as well as their families are well educated and I can imagine that they cringed as much as I did! Nonetheless, looking forward to the event!

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • I would like to be able to add comments to my Checklist items

I would like to be able to add comments to my Checklist items, and perhaps you could build in some suggested comments to add. For example, when I check off Book Reception Venue, I would like to add a comment for the name of the venue, address, website, contact, etc. That information could be fed into other areas of my account so that it is easily accessible.

I would also like to be able to add/edit items on the Checklist. For example, I am not having my engagement party until later on in my engagement, so I would like to…

30 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      6 comments  ·  Checklist  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a common request and we are truly working on how you can manage your checklist (and budgeter) to make it more personalized. This will eventually include the ability for you to add your own items and comments to keep track of your notes.

Keep watching! I know they are still in the design phase, but it is coming.

XO,
                      Keri

• INCREASE DIVERSITY!

As a woman of color planning her wedding, I found it unfortunate that the hundreds (yes hundreds) of pages of wedding gowns, bridesmaid dresses and wedding accessories that I have browsed, ONLY feature Caucasian brides, bridesmaids and flower girls. It would be refreshing to see more diverse faces showcased in that realm. I'm certain that many women would find it refreshing to see greater diversity reflected on this website when it comes to brides (and grooms) on their special day. I do enjoy coming to The Knot but the sheer lack of diversity in the faces that you choose to…

54 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        4 comments  ·  Fashion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I really appreciate your feedback. Here at XO Group and The Knot we value everyone and really want to show this in our publications and articles. We continue to work on expanding the models used as well as the weddings featured in our Real Weddings. I hope that over the next year you will start to see a change in this regard. Our Editorial team has been given your feedback as well for their direct consideration.

Thank you for being a member that wants to see us move forward – we appreciate you.

XO,
                        Keri

• Suggestion for filter options

It would be really helpful to have color as one of the filter criteria. Many brides are specifically looking for dresses that are NOT white or ivory.

Also, it would be nice to have filters/sorting options for Favorites, allowing for comparison. Thanks!

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Offer different date formats

Please could you give an option in settings for changing the format of your wedding date. For example the only option currently is to have it as August 29, 2016, however as I'm British I would like to show it the English way: 29 August 2016.
                          Please could you add this feature?
                          Thanks!

16 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Not of fan of the "contact 5 additional vendors" feature

I have been very careful to make sure I am not checking the box that sends me quotes from "5 similar vendors." Yet, somehow I keep getting messages from vendors I did not wish to speak with. This has happened over and over. I am only one month in to planning and that "feature" is causing me more headache. I am getting bombarded with emails from unwanted vendors. And they are rarely actually "similar" to what I selected anyway. Vendors from outside my location I set, it's truly ridiculous. For brides who really are trying to plan their whole wedding…

1 vote
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              0 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are really close on having this go away and a new portal will be launched so you can more accurately track your interactions with your vendors. We appreciate your feedback and definitely have heard this from others as well.

Be watching in the next few weeks for a big improvement here.

XO,
                              Keri

• Privacy settings

I would love it if when you hit for your wedding website to not show up in google search it would actually work. I think better privacy settings would greatly be appreciated.

37 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                11 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback. We continue to work with Google, as the main search source, to see how this process can be faster. Right now they still tell us it takes 7-28 days for items to be removed once populated on their sites. I am glad you took time to send this over as it does help us in our quest to get this done as fast as possible for our members.

Enjoy your planning.
                                Keri

• Easily add a new guest to an existing party

It would be so great to be able to add another guest to an existing party! As it is, if you want to put another on there, you have to delete them all and start over.

16 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • The guest list manager should have more options to export guest list.

It should give options like download list by party, name, gender, etc. Right now when I export it only shows my total list but there are husband/wive that live at the same address so would be sharing an invite. That means I have to go through and manually count the number of households to figure out how many invites I need to order. I think there were options like that on the old version of the website but not the new?

19 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    7 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We truly appreciate all the feedback we have been getting on the new Guest List Manager. We know that the old manager had a few more features and we are continuing to work on improving the GLM and the RSVP features on our new site builder. Your feedback is being considered and we truly hope you see some improvements in the next few weeks/months to come. If you have a specific question that we can help you with now, please email our team at help@theknot.com. We are happy to look at your specific account and see if we can help at all.

Thanks everyone – for your patience and understanding.
                                    Keri

• Additional Theme Customizations

Several aspects of the website theme could be more customizable, such as font capitalization (instead of all caps), edit size/type of "and" between names (personally I'd prefer a fancy ampersand), edit size/type of countdown (the default is so tiny), and the option for social media icons on the home page (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc).

141 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      29 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I really appreciate this feedback. It helps our team push forward the items that are more important to our members. We are always making updates and I also hope to see a few of your suggestions in our future updates. You can adjust the font and size of fonts in the Change Theme Settings section of your website dashboard already. I hope this helps a little until a fully flexible site is developed in the future.

Enjoy!
                                      Keri

• 117 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        47 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi and thanks for writing in! There is no seating chart on the new site but new features are coming in 2016.

Thanks!

Krista

• Please add back the Guest List Manager summary feature.

Please add back the Guest List Manager summary feature. Being able to view how many bride vs groom parties were there, number of invitations would need to be sent (parties rather than individuals), etc. was very helpful. As of right now, I'd have to go down my wedding guest list and manually count the unique addresses when trying to determine how many invitations, stamps, etc need to be ordered.

81 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          5 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We truly appreciate all the feedback we have been getting on the new Guest List Manager. We know that the old manager had a few more features and we are continuing to work on improving the GLM and the RSVP features on our new site builder. Your feedback is being considered and we truly hope you see some improvements in the next few weeks/months to come. If you have a specific question that we can help you with now, please email our team at help@theknot.com. We are happy to look at your specific account and see if we can help at all.

Keri

• Guest list manager update is not so great

I lost about ten guests in the import- so I had to print out the old one and go through one by one to find out who I'm missing. This would be easier if guests were organized in the same format as the old list. I'll probably just switch to Excel from here on out. Not impressed.

2 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Keri

• Don't see your idea?

The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Feedback and Knowledge Base