The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

What's your idea for The Knot?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Personal Reminder Emails

Hi,

Just a suggestion – as things move more and more toward technology, it's important that we do not forget the older generation. As a young person, I want to use technology and I feel that if you can sign onto FB, then you can sign onto The Knot. However, many people are used to paper invites with all the information. If The Knot and other wedding websites are pushing for paperless invites and more use of their site, there needs to be flexibility when it comes to communicating with guests. I know The Knot sends out reminder emails, but…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am definitely with you on this one. We want to make sure each couple has the ability to message their guests as often as they need, knowing that some guests will need more and others less reminders along the way.

When you are in the admin page for your wedding website you are given the opportunity to send an email to your guests. You can enter their email address and send out any note you choose. You can pick one or all of the email addresses you have in your guest list, and this way you can control how often each guest gets a message from you and the details they need for your event.

It sounds like we need to make this feature more visible and maybe a bit more intuitive – so thank you for calling this out. I will be sure to let the Product Team…

• What defines a "party" or "party leader" under the GLM page? Nowhere is it explained.

Please define what is meant by the terms "party" and "party leader" in the GLM. And what does the statement that all +1 invites need to be a party leader. Totally confused.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for asking this question. I also agree it can be a bit confusing. We are looking forward to actually changing this in our new Guest List update this summer – so I can tell you to watch for that.

But for now, Party Leader is basically the head of household for that group of guests. For example… If you invite Uncle Bob and Aunt Suzi and their two children, then Uncle Bob may be the Party Leader. This way you can sort the list (after you export the list) by the Party Leader to be reminded that he had 4 people in his party. This is helpful when you start looking at sending invitations and doing seating charts.

We hope that in the future we can use Household as our key word and I believe it will make much more sense.

XOXO,
        Keri

• Guest Name for +1 (plus 1)

Add an area to RSVP for guests to add the name of their Plus 1 (+1).

107 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          12 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is something our team is working on. We hope to have many new features in our Guest List Manager pushed out before the end of 2016. Including being able to add your guests +1 names when they RSVP.

XOXO,
          Keri

• Don't see your idea?

The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Feedback and Knowledge Base