The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

What's your idea for The Knot?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bed Bath and Beyond says I have not added items to my registry?

I have both registered at Bed Bath and Beyond and Target and have added about 30 items to each. Target is showing my items on my registry, but Bed Bath and Beyond is saying I have not added any items when I am on the setting of my registry (on the Knot website) and therefore do not show the items when I am on my website, they are only showing Targets?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, and thanks for reaching out to us.

We’re sorry for the issues you’re having with your Bed Bath & Beyond registry. Our Tech team is aware of this issue, and they are currently working with the retailer to get it fixed as quickly as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your patience.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or issues.

Please email our Customer Experience Team, at Help@theknot.com

XOXO,
      Meuy

• Couple Knot Wedding Website Editing

Both my fiance and I created Knot accounts. I've been tracking almost everything on my account, but he took charge of putting together the wedding website (which is already printed on the invitations at this point, even if they haven't been sent yet). I'd like to be able to link our accounts so we both have access to the website editing features, so when I want to update a menu item or something I don't have to get him to log in and do it!

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for being a valued member of The Knot – The Nest – The Bump!

Currently, our accounts are only able to have one login email account. We trust that if you want to share the planning information with your co-registrant you will be able to share your email and password information with them as well.

As a note – some of our members have created a ‘wedding only’ email account so they don’t clutter up their regular inbox during the wedding planning process. This might be a great option to think about so you can both have access to the incoming emails and the account information. If you do create a new email address (gmail and hotmail are great for this), you can then log into your account and go to Account Settings/Account Management to change your email address on your current account.

Enjoy your planning!
        XOXO,…

• RSVP Email Confirmation not Landing

Hi there,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us at Theknot.com!

We recently became aware that some of our couples are not receiving their RSVP emails, or the emails are very delayed. We have notified our Tech team and they are working to get this issue corrected. We are so very sorry for this inconvenience. In the meantime, please do know that you can view all of your guests within the guest list manager under the All Guests list, and their responses will be noted there.

If you are looking for the RSVP Messages that come within you…

12 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am so excited to send this email – the RSVP email notification is now fixed. YAY!! You have all been so patient – and have truly helped us by providing all the details about how this was happening to your account. This was a big help in us finding a solution and getting it pushed out.

Please let us know at help@theknot.com if you’re still experiencing issues with your RSVP notifications. Please remember to check your spam/junk folders as well. We have tested many accounts to verify and have found all we tested are working smoothly, but let us know if you find something otherwise.

Note: We will not be able to retrieve previous RSVP email notifications. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you so much for your patience! Have a great day!

XOXO,
          Meuy

• Wedding colors

I (Among other brides-to-be) would like to have the option to add our own color(s)/color scheme. The quiz can be helpful, yes, but I already know my colors, and I would like to see my favorites board filled with things/ideas that actually go with my wedding.

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Favorites + Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am so glad you gave the Wedding Vision a try. This is still a brand new offering for The Knot (less than 2 weeks old) and we are already learning from our members what we need to look at adding/adjusting for the next round of edits. You are spot on with saying that you and other members want to personalize this even more – and we are listening. We are hoping in the next few months you are going to see some great strides forward as more members use this vision card and we are able to adjust it so it is more exact for each of you.

Enjoy your planning!
            XOXO,
            Meuy

• Australian App that is compatible to the new one

Australian version on the new app that has taken over the Knot.
            I can no longer access the The Knot app due to it being upgraded and cannot access my Guest List on the go unless I have the app which is unfortunately only available in the US App Store.
            If this could be changed so as the new App becomes available to Australian customers that would be fantastic!

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We really appreciate you reaching out about using apps from The Knot in networks outside of the US. We do know we have a number of members and guests that use these features and we are always very happy the site can be useful for everyone.

Unfortunately, our App upgrades are not built with international networks in mind. The Knot does focus on providing details for weddings within the United States right now, and while we are always looking for ways to expand this reach, it is a slow process.

Now that Guest Book app is being retired and our members are asked to move over to Planner app, you may find that your access is not available through the app.

You can use a desktop or mobile web to log into your account directly. If you are in the AU network you will want to log in using this…

• I don't have any ideas, I just want to complain.

This interface for creating a wedding website is atrocious. I wish I had realized that before settling on using The Knot for our site. Photos don't upload, or if they do, they upload incorrectly. Formatting changes aren't represented on the website. I can't add a general description to certain pages (such as "Travel and Transportation"), I have to use the template and enter a specific address. In general, it is not a user friendly interface. I understand that I'm not offering an idea here, but I wanted to be sure that it was clear that I would not be using…

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

We really appreciate you taking the time to send us some feedback. I would love to spend some time with you on your account to see if we can help in a few of these areas, but before we do that – Thank you. Thank you for letting us see this through our members eyes and letting us know we still have some work to do to get everything right. I can tell you our team knows the pain points with the photos and we are definitely looking at how we can help this be a seamless process in the future. I am glad you mentioned it here because it will always spur us forward when we hear from our members. I will reach out on a separate email to you directly to look at your site with you. We are sorry you had to reach out, but again, I…

• Wedding timeline doesn't allow for two brides

I was trying to fill out the wedding day timeline and was very disappointed to see that it only allows for "Bride" and "Groom" as people, not two brides or two grooms. This is very discriminatory towards same-*** couples--neither me nor my fiancée want to be listed as a "Groom" even in something as trivial as this. Please update so that you can select two brides or two grooms!

3 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  0 comments  ·  Customer Service  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am revising this answer after reviewing. You are correct that as of today the Timeline is not allowing you to add two brides or two grooms – I am very sorry for that oversight. The team is now urgently looking at how we can get this in place for you and other couples as we move forward.

I really appreciate you calling this out, as it was something we didn’t see in our testing as well as we should have. We definitely made sure the checklist is set up for all couples and we want all parts of the site to be set up the same. We are looking at this – thank you again.

We will chat soon.
                  xoxo,
                  Keri

• Text within wedding website is not centered /aligned

Thank you so much for reaching out to us at Theknot.com! Our Tech team is aware of the text not centering/aligning correctly within your wedding website – we’re so very sorry for the inconvenience. Our Tech team is working on this urgently and we look forward to updating you all very soon with the all clear notice. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

XOXO
                  Your Customer Experience Team

112 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    50 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am so excited to send this email – the center align is now fixed and working in your wedding website admin pages. YAY!! You have all been so patient – and have truly helped us by providing all the details about how this was happening in your account. This was a big help in us finding a solution and getting it pushed out.

Please let us know at help@theknot.com if you are still not finding this working on your page. We have tested many accounts to verify and have found all we tested are working smoothly, but let us know if you find something otherwise.

Have a great week – and a very happy holiday next week!

xoxo,
                    Keri Sowerby
                    Customer Experience Ops Manager

• Payment Error

I'm trying to register a domain name, and I keep getting a payment error after trying three separate credit cards.
                    Is there a reason its not going through?

7 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good Morning!

Thank you for reaching out to us and reporting the issues with your domain purchasing. Unfortunately there was an issue with our domain Registrar, our Tech Team was able to work with our registrar Enom and rectify the issue. We do apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused you.

Due to the issue, it caused your credit card to declined, reassure you will not be charge for the declined order(s). The pending authorization you’re seeing now will drop off in a few days, based on the banks policies.

Now that the issue is fixed, you’re more than welcome to purchase your domain.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.

Please let us know if there’s anything else we can assist you with. Our customer service email is Help@theknot.com.

XOXO,
                      Meuy

• The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - FEEDBACK ON NEW FEATURES

We are rolling out The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner & Registry. It is a very exciting upgrade to our product lines and we really want to hear from you. What do you love about it? What questions do you have? We love hearing from all of our couples and hope you can tell us a bit about how you are enjoying this new upgrade.

xoxo,
                      Keri - Customer Experience Manager

0 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • AUS version & website redirection error

Good afternoon,

It would be amazing if you had an australian version, i have made a website anyway and been able to share it with family and friends but unfortunately i cant do anything on the go - i can only use the computer at home for the guest list and planning features as i get redirected to the apple store for au and cant install the mobile app. Also, because its US based i cant add my vendors and such but the websites i have found for aus are nowhere near as good as this one.

Just a thought.

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you are in the AU network you will want to log in using this link: theknot.com/gs/weddingwebsites . This helps you avoid the redirect to WeddingClub. We know it is something that is hard to work around, but it should work for you.

Your guests will still be able to use the direct website URL you have given them already.

• Bachelorette party at The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Get wild by wearing lingerie in public while yelling jokes and insults with friends

I've noticed that a lot of bachelorette party ideas are typical or tame with girly themes or standard activities.
                          Why not have a party at The Rocky Horror Picture show.  A place to be wild while wearing lingerie in public and shouting jokes and insults with the people around you.  A unique experience to check off you bucket list  :)

1 vote
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Blog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Wedding Party List

Could you add a custom option for the roles within the bridal party? I'd love to add some not as common names that are personal to my wedding plans.

1 vote
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello -

Thank you for reaching out to us.

You should be able to override the current Role, if one is not available from our drop down menu.

Please let us know if there’s anything else we can assist you with.

Enjoy your planning!
                              XOXO,
                              Meuy

• The Knot should have more information on Bustles

I've been using the knot to educate myself on all things wedding, and I've come to rely on the knot to prepare me for the next step in the wedding-planning process. When it came to bustling my dress, I felt entirely unprepared, and it's hard to find a thorough rundown of bustles online. I was disappointed when my wedding dress came back from alterations and I could see the bustle points on the skirt of my dress. I asked myself, "is this normal?" When I went to find information on whether other people could see the bustle points on their…

3 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                0 comments  ·  Fashion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

I really appreciate you reaching out. First of all, we are very sorry that the result of the bustle connections was not what you were picturing or had intended for your dress to look like. This likely should have been a conversation the seamstress had with you to make sure you knew the impact this would have on your dress. If these connection points are very noticeable you will likely be able to have your photographer do some magic to remove those points in any photos so the dress will appear as you had intended in your memory books.

That being said, you are right about our lack of information on this on our site. I also did a quick search and found that while we do discuss bustling and if you should/shouldn’t do this on a dress, the issue of the connection points altering the way the dress…

• Please add "Officiant" to drop down menu for wedding party

Many people are choosing to have friend or family memeber as Officiant. Please add this category to wedding party drop down menu. Thanks!

1 vote
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for reaching out to us!

You should be able to override the current Role, if one is not available from our drop down menu.

Please let us know if there’s anything else we can assist you with.

Enjoy your planning!
                                  XOXO,
                                  Meuy

• Site is not working - Going slow - Wedding website is down

We do see the website is going slow and many wedding websites are not working properly - so very sorry! Our Tech team is working on this urgently and we look forward to updating you all very soon with the all clear notice. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

XOXO

0 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you so much for your patience!

Tech has given us the all clear on the slow site issue. We really appreciate your patience while they worked through that. Please email us at newtools@theknot.com if you still have questions on your site.

XOXO

• Wedding Paper Divas - UPDATE FROM THE KNOT

Many members received notice that Wedding Paper Divas (WPD) is having a 'going out of business' sale. I wanted to just take a minute to let you know how this is actually working and how it affects the Wedding Website themes on The Knot.

WPD is owned by Shutterfly.com and they are being moved to the main website, instead of being a separate brand. So thankfully, Shutterfly is still going to maintain their product offerings in many ways.

As you know, The Knot has many wedding website themes that match the WPD designs. These are NOT going away from your…

0 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • 1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        completed  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Meal count summary on mobile site or app

Right now I can't seem to find a way to view meal option totals on the app or on the mobile site- only on the full version of the website. For planning on the go, this is inconvenient. Would love to see this feature please!

1 vote
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • How He Asked Blog

To Whom It May Concern,

How He Asked is filled with cute stories and it is a nice idea. However, it is sexist to assume the male always asks, and heteronormative to assume there is always a male in the couple. In order to be more considerate of your ***** users, I recommend renaming the blog something more neutral like "Popping the Question" or "The Ask" or something else that doesn't include gendered pronouns.

Best,
                                          Rebecca Bauer

1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            0 comments  ·  Blog  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a great suggestion! We will definitely pass this along to our Product Design team for consideration.

Enjoy the site!
                                            XO,
                                            Meuy

← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20
                                          • Don't see your idea?

The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Feedback and Knowledge Base