The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

What's your idea for The Knot?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I was disappointed to see that the wedding party options on your website creation page don’t allow you to create your own roles

We should be allowed to create our own wedding party roles instead of using the prepopulated option. Can you include a blank field? These are traditional roles and very gendered!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for submitting your idea! The wedding party title option is changeable if an option is not in the drop down window. All you have to do is remove the current title and type in a new title.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO
    Your Customer Experience Team

2. All of my vendors are not listed on here

None of the vendors I have hired are listed on this website. I would like to be able to add vendors, or request a vendor to put their information on the website. Super frusterating that I keep getting asked to add vendors, and yet there is no way to add who I want to add.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great news! We love hearing about other vendors.

If you’d like your vendor to become a local vendor that appears on The Knot website please ask them to sign up at The Knot for Local Businesses – https://partnerssignup.theknot.com/. The link will walk your vendor through the process of getting their business up on the site.

Or they can send us an email at theknotprohelp@theknot.com. Tell us a bit about the business, service area, and how we can contact them (phone and email preferred). A local sales rep will be contacting the vendor within 24-48 business hours.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

3. 24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you so much for your patience!

Tech has given us the all clear; you should be able to see your Newlywed Fund within your wedding website. Your guests should be able to access your registry as well. We really appreciate your patience while they worked through that.

Before you reattempt to access your wedding website registry page, we do recommend using either Google Chrome or Firefox. Please clear cache and cookies and restart your browser and disable all pop up blockers. Also, make sure that your browser is updated to its most current version.

If you’re still encountering an error please email us at help@theknot.com.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

XOXO

4. Make App available for International Users

Make App available for International Users

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are so sorry our App is not available in countries outside of the USA and Canada. You are still able to create and access our features through desktop. As an alternative, you have some options with one of our international partners.

Mexico – bodas.com.mx
    Chile/Argentina – matrimonios.cl
    Brasil – casamentos.com.br
    Colombia – matrimonio.com.co
    Peru – matrimonio.com.pe
    Uruguay – casamiento.com.uy
    France – mariages.net
    Italy – matrimonio.com
    UK – weddingwire.co.uk
    Portugal – casamentos.pt
    Spain/Asia – bodas.net

Let us know if you have questions. Thanks for your understanding.

Enjoy your planning!
    XOXO,

5. Domain Purchase | Error Processing Request

Hello,

We really appreciate you checking in. We are experiencing some issues with our site, which is affecting the ability to purchase a customized domain name; we do apologize for the inconvenience. The Tech team is working urgently to find the cause and solution.

We really appreciate your patience and understanding. We will notify you via email once the issue is resolved.

XOXO

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Tech has given us the all clear; you should be able to access your wedding website dashboard and continue with your domain purchase or renewal. We really appreciate your patience while they worked through that.

Before you log in again can you please clear cache and cookies and restart your browser. We do recommend using either Google Chrome or Firefox to make any edits to your account. Please disable all pop up blockers. Also, make sure that your browser is updated to its most current version.

Have a great day!

XOXO

6. Wedding website redirecting to ‘We’re sorry, but something went wrong”

Hello,

We really appreciate you checking in. We are experiencing some issues with our site, which is affecting our couples Wedding Website; we do apologize for the inconvenience. Our Tech team is working on this urgently and we look forward to updating you all very soon with the all clear notice. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

XOXO

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Tech has given us the all clear; you and your guests should be able to access your wedding website. We really appreciate your patience while they worked through that.

We do recommend using either Google Chrome or Firefox and make sure that your browser is updated to its most current version.

If you’re still encountering an error please let us know. Our email address is Help@theknot.com

XOXO

7. How can I make it so the "Honeymoon Fund" shows up at the top of my registry list for guests. I'm worried people won't see it!

How can I make it so the "Honeymoon Fund" shows up at the top of my registry list for guests. I'm worried people won't see it!

It does show up at the top on my end of the site, but when I view the "guest" or front-facing version of the site, it shows up at the bottom.

I think it makes more sense to have it at the top, as it's displayed on the back-end version for me.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there!

Unfortunately that is not an option we offer at this time. All registries are automatically displayed in the order of our partnership. Since Theknot.com owns the Newlywed/Cash Fund, it will always be displayed after our partner retailers. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We are always adding new options and hopefully this will be one that will be added in the near future.

However you can organize your items in a custom order on your wish list, by updating your Registry Settings: https://www.theknot.com/registry/manage/settings
    Please note; before moving forward with the options below. You have to have a wedding website with us. Otherwise you won’t be able to sort your gifts.

Steps below:
    1. Log into your membership www.theknot.com
    2. Once you’re logged in Click on this link: https://www.theknot.com/registry/manage/settings
    3. Scroll down to Your Gifts under ‘Gift Sort Order’ select ‘Arrange gifts in my preferred…

8. My Website isnt publishing

Good Afternoon,
    Hope my message finds you well. However its with great disappointment that I write to you. We purchased a website through you guys, but the site wont publish. We have purchased save-the-dates and arent able to send out due to this issue. Ive looked at your website and there is no resources available for my site not publishing. If you look at your comments section, you will see I am not the only one having this issue. I understand supposedly these websites automatically publish themselves, but when you type in the URL it simply tells you page not…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there!

Thank you for reaching out to us here.

If you’re having issue publishing your wedding website, please call customer service at 877-843-5668 or send and urgent email to Help@theknot.com with your account information.

XOXO,

9. Unendorse bigoted vendors

The knot was a fantastic tool for planning my wedding, however I request that you remove your endorsement of stylist Abby Hartsell for her bigoted refusal of service to a gay couple, as well as endorsements of any other vendors that discriminate based on ****** orientation. I will advise others to find other sources of planning resources until she is removed.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reaching out to us!
    Most advertisers on The Knot.com are paying advertisers. The others have a free listing but are limited in the information they can supply to potential clients on our site. Recommendations for vendors actually come from other members that have left reviews for vendors based on their past experiences. If you are not satisfied with the services provided, we do encourage you to leave a factual, non-emotional review on our site. This will help other members in the future when evaluating this vendor. You may also consider contacting the Better Business Bureau in your area with this information. We have notified the Account Rep that oversees this vendor so they are aware of this issue you had. If you have questions about the reviews process, you can reach that team at reviewinquiry@xogrp.com. They would love to help any time.
    We are truly sorry…

10. Please give me an option to turn off automatic reminders!!!

How do I turn off the automatic reminders that get sent to my guests to RSVP?! I’m mortified and horrified this is automatic AND that there is no way to turn them off. My fiancé added the guests emails and I didn’t know (though I can see it being useful for ME to easily send my guests a reminder via the Knot.) and neither of us knew that by adding in guests emails they would get automatic reminders!! But we have allowed guests to send back their enclosed RSVP cards OR rsvp via our knot website. Some guests are getting…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reaching out. The guests have an opportunity to sign up to receive this email in two places on our site. Either when they visit your registry page, or when they RSVP for your event. The guest is asked if they want to receive a 30 day reminder email and they then have to choose to enter their email address. This is not an email address we gain any other way, other than the guest entering it. They will only receive this one email reminder from us and no other marketing goes out to them unless they sign up as a member.

I hope this helps you know where this is coming from. Not all guests will receive the email since not all guests choose to sign up for the reminder.

Please let us know if there’s anything else we can assist you with. Our contact email address…

11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. missing wedding website error 404

We are getting the 404 error message and not able access or edit our wedding website. We just sent out our save the dates with it yesterday :( Help!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Our site was temporarily down due to a system issue, but it should be back up and running. We are so sorry this affected your account and your ability to see your photos, guest list and/or website. When you check the site again now, I do recommend using either Google Chrome or Firefox for the best experience.

If you still have questions, let us know and we can look into the issues you are experiencing.

Please email us at Help@theknot.com

XOXO

13. 404 while on website!

I'm having issues - I can go to my external website from the knot.com I cannot manage the website. The error is saying "404
    Sorry, it looks like that page has gone missing".

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Our site was temporarily down due to a system issue, but it should be back up and running. We are so sorry this affected your account and your ability to see your photos, guest list and/or website. When you check the site again now, I do recommend using either Google Chrome or Firefox for the best experience.

If you still have questions, let us know and we can look into the issues you are experiencing.

Please email us at Help@theknot.com

XOXO

14. Website

The wedding website tool has an Error 404 message when attempting to access it for editing.

79 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

If you still have questions, let us know and we can look into the issues you are experiencing. Please email us at Help@theknot.com

XOXO

15. Registry Note unable to change font color

The background for our website is dark purple and does not show Black font all too well. I have updated the font area to all white, but the Registry Note section is still in black. How can this be updated?

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

We are happy to let you know that the issue with your registry page has been fixed. The message on your registry page should now be legible.

If you continue to have issues with this registry displaying correctly, please refresh your browser. By clearing cache and deleting cookies, you can ensure your browser is pulling in the most up to date details.

Let us know if you have any additional issues or questions. Thanks again for your continued patience!

yours. truly.
    Customer Experience Team

16. Unable to edit wedding website | Editing tool is not working:

Hi there!

We are so sorry some of you are having issues editing your wedding website dashboard. We are eager to find why this bug is causing this issue and we need a bit of your help. Please take a moment to answer the following questions and send it to us at help@theknot.com. With your help and information, we hope to find a solution for you and many of our other couples.

Thank you for your help - and your patience.

Please copy/answer the following in your email:

Email address on your account:
    Names on your account:
    1. Where…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Our Tech team has advised us that the issue with your wedding website page not loading correctly is because of an outdated browser. Before you reattempt to access your wedding website dashboard, we do recommend using either Google Chrome or Firefox. Please clear cache and cookies and restart your browser and disable all pop up blockers. Also, make sure that your browser is updated to its most current version.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

XOXO

17. Registries not updating - PB, WS, BBB, Amazon, Pottery Barn, West Elm and Williams Sonoma

Hi there!

Currently, the registry feed we receive from some of our partnered retailers is not coming over timely. Examples may include Pottery Barn, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma, PBKids, Bed Bath & Beyond and Amazon. Our team is working with each retailer to make sure their systems are sending over your updated items and purchases as quickly, and cleanly, as possible. Our Tech team is working on this urgently and we look forward to updating you all very soon with the all clear notice. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

XOXO

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there!

We are happy to let you know that the issue with your registries has been fixed. The individual items on your registry should be showing as expected now.

If you continue to have issues with this registry displaying correctly, please refresh your browser. By clearing cache and deleting cookies, you can ensure your browser is pulling in the most up to date details. We do recommend using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

Also please make sure that your privacy setting is set to share with Third Party such as The Knot. If not, you will need to make that adjustment and wait 72 hours for our system to auto sync.

Let us know if you have any additional issues or questions. Thanks again for your continued patience!

yours. truly.
    Customer Experience Team

18. The Knot Planning Features - Maintenance Outage Planned

To our Couples:

Please note that we have scheduled/required maintenance that will happen on our sites tonight/tomorrow morning. Starting around 12 midnight (10/25) until about 4am, eastern time. We hope that this will continue to push great planning features forward for you and your guests. Thanks for your patience as we get this done as soon as possible.

yours. truly.
    Customer Experience Team

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. JJ and Alison was efficient

Excellent support team! One of the best I've ever used. Customer Care JJ and Alison was efficient and took care of my problem immediately.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reviews  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Ciera responded

We are so happy to hear that! Thank you for the wonderful feedback. We hope you have an amazing day!

20. Website & Guest List Down for Maintenance - 10/18/18 - 1am-4am/EDT

Our Website and Guest List systems are scheduled to be down for maintenance on Oct. 18 from 1am-4am/eastern time. This will help make sure our sites run better in the future. Thanks for your understanding.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Feedback and Knowledge Base