The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Have an idea? Please explain your idea below so that we can make updates based on your feedback!

Having a technical issue? (i.e. I can’t log in to my account, my wedding website isn’t loading) Visit our knowledge base for answers to FAQs. You can also email us at help@theknot.com or you can reach our virtual call center at (877)-843-5668 and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

What's your idea for The Knot?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Wedding Website

Under wedding party, there isn’t an option to set someone’s role as a junior bridesmaid. I was wondering if that could be added to the list? Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Wedding Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for submitting your idea! The wedding party title option is changeable if an option is not in the drop down window. All you have to do is remove the current title and type in a new title.

Enjoy your planning!
      XOXO,
      Meuy

• Charities

It's trash that you give people the ability to donate to the garbage heap that is the National Right to Life Coalition and not anything that provides support for people seeking abortion.

Also, Planned Parenthood doesn't sell fetal body parts, you absolute troglodyte.

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I really appreciate your passion and reaching out. I can confirm that Planned Parenthood is also one of the charities offered for our program, The Knot Gifts Back. It is offered under the Health category. The list of all charities is found here: https://www.theknot.com/registry/charity

We have tried to have a list that will be well rounded, offering charities that will impact all members and so that everyone can find something that is near to their hearts and passion.

We wish you all the best.
        xoxo,
        Keri

• Are donations to me income and taxable ?

Are donations to my honeymoon account considered income and therefore taxable ?

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great question! These are actually contributions, not donations to the Newlywed Funds. They are not tax deductible through our site.

XOXO,
          Keri

• Charities

I was looking through the charities, and I have to say that I was honestly really disappointed to see Planned Parenthood among the organizations that The Knot donates to. I don't know if you're aware of the controversy regarding the sale of human body parts, but if you would like to read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/07/planned-parenthood-under-investigation-by-justice-department-over-sale-fetal-tissue.html
          Planned Parenthood has also been known to actually harm the women that they say they're helping. I know it may sound cliche, but as a former fetus, I also have to say that I strongly disagree with the fact that Planned Parenthood makes large amounts of…

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            1 comment  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I really appreciate you taking the time to reach out on this very sensitive topic. I hope you found that our list of charities does list a variety of worthy groups that meet the desires and needs of a large cross section of our couples that use our site. I do appreciate you have concerns on this charity provider being pro-choice, and other members may have concerns on charities that may support pro-life movements as well. We want to make sure we are open to all couples, no matter where they land on these very important issues.

Your feedback is being heard, I do promise you this. However, for now this charity provider will remain on our site as our 2018 selections have been established. We will revisit all of our charities for the 2019 year and we will make sure this feedback is part of that discussion.

Thank you,…

• Remove offensive article

This article is offensive, misogynistic, and should be removed immediately: https://www.theknot.com/content/a-grooms-guide-to-planning-a-wedding

In addition to being poorly written, it perpetuates the inaccurate female stereotypes related to wedding planning (and relationships in general). It is unacceptable that a website which claims to support love, planning, and PARTNERSHIP would post an article that glibly suggests that women are crazy ("she'll put a gun to your head" if you give your opinion), or somehow responsible for the lion's share of planning a celebration, while a groom's only responsibility is to "stay out of the way" and not **** someone else. Seriously? This is the…

8 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We really appreciate you reaching out about this article. It was removed from our site on 1/24/18 after we did see a few comments related to this piece. It was an older piece that had not been reviewed in a long while and our editors did agree it was not something that we wanted to keep up and posted.

We will look forward to a fresh, up to date article being posted in the future that is much more contemporary and not offensive to any part of the wedding couple.

Thank you again for your patience, and understanding while we had this removed.

xoxo,
              Keri

• On the wedding party

On the wedding party section. There is a Man of Honor position, however, there is no Best Woman position. I chose my sister to be my Best Woman, and I'd like to put her on our wedding party section as such.

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for submitting your idea! The wedding party title option is changeable if an option is not in the drop down window. All you have to do is remove the current title and type in a new title.

Enjoy your planning!
                XOXO,
                Meuy

• Song Request Tab

Guests can request a song by typing in the artist and name or just link to YouTube. Just throwing out an idea.

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

We have a great page on your wedding website called Guest Book – but this can be renamed and used to collect songs (or other fun ideas for any reception). Many of our guests have used this to get the music ideas flowing in from their guests.

Thanks for a great idea!
                  xoxo,
                  Keri

• Put a summary/highlight area under the newlywed fund

Provide the option to put a summary/highlight area that the bride and groom can write a blurb about their newlywed fund. We'd like to use our newlywed fund as a honeymoon fund but don't currently have the opportunity to explain what our honeymoon is about. Having the ability to give a description would be nice.

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for sending this over. When you set up each fund in Newlywed Fund you are able to give the details about why you have that fund set up and give your guests more details on the fun adventures you are planning to have.

It sounds like you were hoping the blurb would be seen before they enter each fund – is that correct? I will be sure the Newlywed Fund team knows that is a request.

Enjoy your planning!
                    xoxo,
                    Keri

• Bed Bath & Beyond (buybuyBaby) Registry Items Not Appearing

We're sorry that the issues with your Bed Bath & Beyond or buybuy Baby registries are still occurring. As with any partnership, we rely on our retailers to provide adequate details so that our system can display your chosen registry items as expected. Our management team has escalated this issue to executives at BBB, and we have been assured that finding a fix for this issue is a priority for their team as well.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your continued patience. We have added you to a forum topic about this so that as soon as it…

0 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      0 comments  ·  Registry  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are happy to let you know that the issue with your Bed Bath & Beyond or buybuy Baby registry has been fixed. The individual items on your registry should be showing as expected now.

If you continue to have issues with this registry displaying correctly, please refresh your browser. By clearing cache and deleting cookies, you can ensure your browser is pulling in the most up to date details.

Let us know if you have any additional issues or questions. Thanks again for your continued patience!

XOXO – Krista O.
                      Customer Experience Team

• Bed Bath and Beyond says I have not added items to my registry?

I have both registered at Bed Bath and Beyond and Target and have added about 30 items to each. Target is showing my items on my registry, but Bed Bath and Beyond is saying I have not added any items when I am on the setting of my registry (on the Knot website) and therefore do not show the items when I am on my website, they are only showing Targets?

4 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, and thanks for reaching out to us.

We’re sorry for the issues you’re having with your Bed Bath & Beyond registry. Our Tech team is aware of this issue, and they are currently working with the retailer to get it fixed as quickly as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your patience.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or issues.

Please email our Customer Experience Team, at Help@theknot.com

XOXO,
                        Meuy

• Delete Guests in bulk

I uploaded a an updated list thinking it would overwrite my old one. No i have over 400 guests and my only option is to delete them one by one. Make a button to delete the entire list or be able to select more than guest and delete in bulk.

31 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This was just released this week!! YAY!!! We hope it is a very helpful tool in our Guest List Manager for all members.

Enjoy!

• Couple Knot Wedding Website Editing

Both my fiance and I created Knot accounts. I've been tracking almost everything on my account, but he took charge of putting together the wedding website (which is already printed on the invitations at this point, even if they haven't been sent yet). I'd like to be able to link our accounts so we both have access to the website editing features, so when I want to update a menu item or something I don't have to get him to log in and do it!

4 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for being a valued member of The Knot – The Nest – The Bump!

Currently, our accounts are only able to have one login email account. We trust that if you want to share the planning information with your co-registrant you will be able to share your email and password information with them as well.

As a note – some of our members have created a ‘wedding only’ email account so they don’t clutter up their regular inbox during the wedding planning process. This might be a great option to think about so you can both have access to the incoming emails and the account information. If you do create a new email address (gmail and hotmail are great for this), you can then log into your account and go to Account Settings/Account Management to change your email address on your current account.

Enjoy your planning!
                            XOXO,…

• RSVP Email Confirmation not Landing

Hi there,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us at Theknot.com!

We recently became aware that some of our couples are not receiving their RSVP emails, or the emails are very delayed. We have notified our Tech team and they are working to get this issue corrected. We are so very sorry for this inconvenience. In the meantime, please do know that you can view all of your guests within the guest list manager under the All Guests list, and their responses will be noted there.

If you are looking for the RSVP Messages that come within you…

12 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am so excited to send this email – the RSVP email notification is now fixed. YAY!! You have all been so patient – and have truly helped us by providing all the details about how this was happening to your account. This was a big help in us finding a solution and getting it pushed out.

Please let us know at help@theknot.com if you’re still experiencing issues with your RSVP notifications. Please remember to check your spam/junk folders as well. We have tested many accounts to verify and have found all we tested are working smoothly, but let us know if you find something otherwise.

Note: We will not be able to retrieve previous RSVP email notifications. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you so much for your patience! Have a great day!

XOXO,
                              Meuy

• Wedding colors

I (Among other brides-to-be) would like to have the option to add our own color(s)/color scheme. The quiz can be helpful, yes, but I already know my colors, and I would like to see my favorites board filled with things/ideas that actually go with my wedding.

1 vote
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                0 comments  ·  Favorites + Boards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am so glad you gave the Wedding Vision a try. This is still a brand new offering for The Knot (less than 2 weeks old) and we are already learning from our members what we need to look at adding/adjusting for the next round of edits. You are spot on with saying that you and other members want to personalize this even more – and we are listening. We are hoping in the next few months you are going to see some great strides forward as more members use this vision card and we are able to adjust it so it is more exact for each of you.

Enjoy your planning!
                                XOXO,
                                Meuy

• Australian App that is compatible to the new one

Australian version on the new app that has taken over the Knot.
                                I can no longer access the The Knot app due to it being upgraded and cannot access my Guest List on the go unless I have the app which is unfortunately only available in the US App Store.
                                If this could be changed so as the new App becomes available to Australian customers that would be fantastic!

1 vote
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  2 comments  ·  Guest List Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We really appreciate you reaching out about using apps from The Knot in networks outside of the US. We do know we have a number of members and guests that use these features and we are always very happy the site can be useful for everyone.

Unfortunately, our App upgrades are not built with international networks in mind. The Knot does focus on providing details for weddings within the United States right now, and while we are always looking for ways to expand this reach, it is a slow process.

Now that Guest Book app is being retired and our members are asked to move over to Planner app, you may find that your access is not available through the app.

You can use a desktop or mobile web to log into your account directly. If you are in the AU network you will want to log in using this…

• I don't have any ideas, I just want to complain.

This interface for creating a wedding website is atrocious. I wish I had realized that before settling on using The Knot for our site. Photos don't upload, or if they do, they upload incorrectly. Formatting changes aren't represented on the website. I can't add a general description to certain pages (such as "Travel and Transportation"), I have to use the template and enter a specific address. In general, it is not a user friendly interface. I understand that I'm not offering an idea here, but I wanted to be sure that it was clear that I would not be using…

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

We really appreciate you taking the time to send us some feedback. I would love to spend some time with you on your account to see if we can help in a few of these areas, but before we do that – Thank you. Thank you for letting us see this through our members eyes and letting us know we still have some work to do to get everything right. I can tell you our team knows the pain points with the photos and we are definitely looking at how we can help this be a seamless process in the future. I am glad you mentioned it here because it will always spur us forward when we hear from our members. I will reach out on a separate email to you directly to look at your site with you. We are sorry you had to reach out, but again, I…

• Wedding timeline doesn't allow for two brides

I was trying to fill out the wedding day timeline and was very disappointed to see that it only allows for "Bride" and "Groom" as people, not two brides or two grooms. This is very discriminatory towards same-*** couples--neither me nor my fiancée want to be listed as a "Groom" even in something as trivial as this. Please update so that you can select two brides or two grooms!

3 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      0 comments  ·  Customer Service  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am revising this answer after reviewing. You are correct that as of today the Timeline is not allowing you to add two brides or two grooms – I am very sorry for that oversight. The team is now urgently looking at how we can get this in place for you and other couples as we move forward.

I really appreciate you calling this out, as it was something we didn’t see in our testing as well as we should have. We definitely made sure the checklist is set up for all couples and we want all parts of the site to be set up the same. We are looking at this – thank you again.

We will chat soon.
                                      xoxo,
                                      Keri

• Text within wedding website is not centered /aligned

Thank you so much for reaching out to us at Theknot.com! Our Tech team is aware of the text not centering/aligning correctly within your wedding website – we’re so very sorry for the inconvenience. Our Tech team is working on this urgently and we look forward to updating you all very soon with the all clear notice. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

XOXO
                                      Your Customer Experience Team

112 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        50 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am so excited to send this email – the center align is now fixed and working in your wedding website admin pages. YAY!! You have all been so patient – and have truly helped us by providing all the details about how this was happening in your account. This was a big help in us finding a solution and getting it pushed out.

Please let us know at help@theknot.com if you are still not finding this working on your page. We have tested many accounts to verify and have found all we tested are working smoothly, but let us know if you find something otherwise.

Have a great week – and a very happy holiday next week!

xoxo,
                                        Keri Sowerby
                                        Customer Experience Ops Manager

• Payment Error

I'm trying to register a domain name, and I keep getting a payment error after trying three separate credit cards.
                                        Is there a reason its not going through?

7 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good Morning!

Thank you for reaching out to us and reporting the issues with your domain purchasing. Unfortunately there was an issue with our domain Registrar, our Tech Team was able to work with our registrar Enom and rectify the issue. We do apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused you.

Due to the issue, it caused your credit card to declined, reassure you will not be charge for the declined order(s). The pending authorization you’re seeing now will drop off in a few days, based on the banks policies.

Now that the issue is fixed, you’re more than welcome to purchase your domain.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.

Please let us know if there’s anything else we can assist you with. Our customer service email is Help@theknot.com.

XOXO,
                                          Meuy

• Address Collector Missing Line 1 & 2

Thank you so much for reaching out to us at Theknot.com! Our Tech team is aware of the missing line(s) from the Address Collector – we’re so very sorry for the inconvenience. Our Tech team is working on this urgently and we look forward to updating you all very soon with the all clear notice. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

XOXO
                                          Your Customer Experience Team

16 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This definitely was an issue that we wanted to have resolved. The Address Collector is now working correctly and we are glad so many of you were able to provide feedback that helped our team find this solution.

xoxo,
                                            Keri

← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21
                                          • Don't see your idea?

The Knot All-In-One Wedding Planner - Forum

Feedback and Knowledge Base