What's your idea for The Knot?

Budgeter

I love the Budgeter but two things:
1) I had to create my own excel spreadsheet based on the Budgeter because some items I was overbudget and other items I was underbudget - so I need to calculate how much in total I was over/under.
2) I think it would be great if you could find local vendors based on the budget. For example, my photographer budget is around $2K so I think it would be great if we could click on Photographers and it would take us to photographers that are within $2K budget.

39 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JenMitch shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminKeri (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

These are great suggestions! I have passed them along to our Budgeting team for their review and we hope to see additional features added in our next update. Thanks for taking time to send your feedback.

Keri

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • E commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In order for the Budgeter to be useful I need to be able to:

- modify/change the title of a budget item
        - add new budget items
        - access the budget items that I have archived

• Jennifer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While the Budgeter tool was helpful allocating over very broad categories, I felt it was not useful when actually budgeting. It would be helpful if the budgeter was interactive, where you could remove or add categories and underlying category items. It would also be nice if instead of a fixed budget number it could be a suggested figure that the user could modify. For example I know I'm willing to spend more on flowers and zero on transportation, I'd like to be able to remove transportation from my budget.

Feedback and Knowledge Base