What's your idea for The Knot?

The guest list manager should have more options to export guest list.

It should give options like download list by party, name, gender, etc. Right now when I export it only shows my total list but there are husband/wive that live at the same address so would be sharing an invite. That means I have to go through and manually count the number of households to figure out how many invites I need to order. I think there were options like that on the old version of the website but not the new?

19 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Lisa shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  AdminKeri (Admin, The Knot) responded  · 

We truly appreciate all the feedback we have been getting on the new Guest List Manager. We know that the old manager had a few more features and we are continuing to work on improving the GLM and the RSVP features on our new site builder. Your feedback is being considered and we truly hope you see some improvements in the next few weeks/months to come. If you have a specific question that we can help you with now, please email our team at help@theknot.com. We are happy to look at your specific account and see if we can help at all.

Thanks everyone – for your patience and understanding.
    Keri

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Julie Roth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The guest list manager sucks! Apparently when you enter guests for the shower and the wedding, it duplicates the names on the wedding list. If you delete the duplicate, it takes it off either the wedding or the shower list. I was not able to upload the names on the shower guest list. The two should be completely separate.

You also need to add a feature to delete the entire guest list so you can reimport it if need be. The current system is very complicated and convoluted. I ended up having to add each name for the shower manually...and now they show up twice on the wedding list...very frustrating and disappointing. We paid money for a special domain name and are not sending out RSVP cards with the invites so we could have guests RSVP online. What a joke!

• Kimber Nguyen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm new on this site and I may be missing this option on the desktop version but I can not add more than +1 guess to a party name. On the app guestlist manager, I'm able to add more than 1 guest to the party. The functionality needs to be seamless between both desktop and app version. Thanks.

• mary brannen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a 'notes' section on the guest list manager but when I export to excel, that field does not appear.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very helpful if when you export your Guest List from the Guest List manager that the Address column would split to different columns - i.e. Street, City, State, Zip, Country - just as the data is collected. The more you could format the export of address but also of how the names will look on the invite to align with what invitation companies like Minted use would help users save time!

We collected all of our guest data using the Knot and it worked great only to later find out we had to text to columns and a lot of manual review of 200 addresses as we had international and domestic addresses and the entire address goes in one column. Many of the invitation websites like Minted or Postable require the address split into columns, so this would have helped us save some time!

• Kayte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am new at this whole wedding planning thing. I can use all of the organization help I can get. I was using the guest list manager to get an idea of how many people we are planning to invite. After 125, I started losing track of who I've already added and who still needs to be listed. It would be much easier if I could sort the guests by last name so I could easily find any duplicates or check to see if I missed a person.

• Meghan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be fantastic if you added a column for gifts when the guest list is exported into excel. My maid of honor had added all of my shower gifts into the guest list manager, but now I still have to retype everything into an excel sheet so I can easily organize and write thank you notes.

Feedback and Knowledge Base